No announcement yet.

Post a pet peeve.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I admit people not using turn signals annoys me as well, especially at intersections. I could of turned if you followed the law, you jerk
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      Even if you don't have turn signals as part of the vehicle, the law (at least in NY) requires you to use hand signals to signal your turns.

The only hand signal I ever see involves use of a single digit.
      Total syffy posts: 36,690
      (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
      Matthew 5:9

Comment

Oh, that's just the state greeting. "Welcome to New York"

Comment

The only single digit I give to other drivers is a thumbs up for letting me merge.
          (Chosen One)

Comment

Gaming companies are a pet peeve for me.

One thing I find really annoying regarding game companies is the release of DLC on the day of game release or in some cases preorder or even open beta. It's as if they made the game and DLC all that the same time then make it look as if "Hey look we made this, and this, and this" and then try to flog everything at you hoping you will part with your money. Usually the DLC looks like it was something that should have been part of the main game anyway but they decided to give it to you as an extra part instead.

That annoys me, as well as this.

What about games where DLC that is actually already inside the game but you pay to unlock it. That's just very bad behaviour to do that IMHO.. I mean it's already there in the game files but locked away...

Love games like Just Cause 3 at the moment but they release the game onto the market then wait for people to say hey it's got X and X bugs and broken bits. That's just not right, but it's what we have come to accept.
            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Like I'm peeved 343Industries took out co-op play in Halo 5. They assume everyone's an online gamer and decide co-op can only be played online. I've been playing the Halo games in co-op with my sister since game one. Not cool 343Industries.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                Like I'm peeved 343Industries took out co-op play in Halo 5. They assume everyone's an online gamer and decide co-op can only be played online. I've been playing the Halo games in co-op with my sister since game one. Not cool 343Industries.
                Yeah that's kind of pooey how they do that.

And online activation annoys the life out of me, long gone are the days you sent an email or filled out a web form to register your game the game insists it be online to do it for you. Annoying.

Also periodical checks to make sure the game YOU are playing right now is still legal. WTF?

Comment

I'm not much of gamer, too old for that crap, but I can understand why the game companies are getting nuts about validating games. For years, games were (and probably still are) one of the most frequently pirated types of software.

If your products were being stolen, you would take action to prevent theft as well. So while the antitheft technology is without a doubt a PITA, I think the gaming community as a whole brought it upon themselves.

Comment

...I think the gaming community as a whole brought it upon themselves.
                    Please, not the entire gaming community... plenty of honest gamers.

Comment

Please, not the entire gaming community... plenty of honest gamers.
                      True, but the companies had to take some sort of action. Like many other things, the bad apples ruin things for everyone else.

Comment

True, but the companies had to take some sort of action. Like many other things, the bad apples ruin things for everyone else.
                        That is sadly true.

I can add another peeve to the list...

The lack of communication between departments inside the same company. Gosh, people when you've been asked to notify us when you completed your side of the work, and it doesn't happen and I have to physically check your half every day ... and then ask yet again to communicate. I have my limits.

Comment

That is sadly true.

I can add another peeve to the list...

The lack of communication between departments inside the same company. Gosh, people when you've been asked to notify us when you completed your side of the work, and it doesn't happen and I have to physically check your half every day ... and then ask yet again to communicate. I have my limits.

Communication has been an issue at several places I've worked at over the years. I can sympathize.
                          (Chosen One)

Comment

I'm not much of gamer, too old for that crap, but I can understand why the game companies are getting nuts about validating games. For years, games were (and probably still are) one of the most frequently pirated types of software.

If your products were being stolen, you would take action to prevent theft as well. So while the antitheft technology is without a doubt a PITA, I think the gaming community as a whole brought it upon themselves.

Yeah but I paid $89 frelling bucks for my game in a proper shop, activated it and registered it. Why should I have to have it check every week or so to make sure it's authenticated, it's the same bloody game. It hasn't changed magically into something else.

While I do agree with your post I feel like I shouldn't have to be treated like this because of a few bad apples.

Comment

Moronic Ebay bidders that drive up the price of something hours if not DAYS in advance.

WHY YOU STUPID MORONS!?

WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????
                              I like Sharky
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
                                Moronic Ebay bidders that drive up the price of something hours if not DAYS in advance.

WHY YOU STUPID MORONS!?

WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????

Because they want to be that special person that "wins" the item

Comment

Working...
                                X