Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Political correctness, in all its forms:
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/12/13...-texas-school/
    A Texas 7th grader said he was forced to cover up his T-shirt depicting a wartime soldier holding a gun.

Specifically, that would be a Stormtrooper holding a “rebel blaster” on a "Star Wars" T-shirt.

Comment

People bringing politics and religion into every thread.

Moderators who won't follow my suggestion of banning politics and religion discussion. I'M TALKING TO YOU BAGGIE!!!!!

Love You
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
        I read a few months back that the idiot in the white house wants to limit dishwashers to 2.5 gallons/water per load. Why can't the damned fool realize that people will just have to wash the same load 3 times to get their dishes clean?
        For the same reason it sometimes takes 2 or 3 flushes for a 3 gallon Turbo-flush toilet to get it to clean properly from certain adults doing number 2 or 3 (poo... due to messy digestive issues). One flush for the digested organic matter, and an extra flush solely for the (sometimes excessive amount of) toilet paper used.

eeew. TMI in this posting.

As for dishwashers... don't have one. I am the dishwasher, and recycle that spare water in the beginning that runs icy cold until it gets hot, by filling it into an empty jug for later use in either rinsing off soapy dishes or for watering the garden with cleaner *grey* water. *sigh*

Comment

My biggest pet peeve right now is that you are not supposed to say "Merry Christmas' because you might offend someone. Well, even though it's the Peanuts gang, here's the true meaning of Christmas...

Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
          (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

Does a nice job of pointing out the hypocrisy of so many businesses. The Christmas season is make or break for alot of them and they certainly do make a ton of loot during the season. But many of them are too hypocritical to have signage, promotional materials and such advertise Christmas sales. Instead they have holiday sales.

Kudos to those business that will tell the terminally offended to go away and do advertise Christmas sales and such.

Comment

I fail to see the hypocrisy.
              sigpic
              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

You don't see the hypocrisy of a business that makes a large percentage of its annual profit from the commercial aspects of Christmas shunning mention of that same holiday?

Comment

You don't see the hypocrisy of a business that makes a large percentage of its annual profit from the commercial aspects of Christmas shunning mention of that same holiday?
                  Not really, because they don't shun it, they embrace it, so what if they make it a purely secular/commercial holiday? It's not like Christmas -actually- has anything to do with Christ anyway.

(sorry Jel)
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                    Not really, because they don't shun it, they embrace it, so what if they make it a purely secular/commercial holiday? It's not like Christmas -actually- has anything to do with Christ anyway.

(sorry Jel)
                    That's just it; they embrace the Christmas tradition of purchasing presents, cause it does wonders for their bottom line, but at the same time, some merchants won't use the phrase "Christmas" in their advertising for fear of being seen as politically incorrect. Pure hypocrisy.

Comment

That's just it; they embrace the Christmas tradition of purchasing presents, cause it does wonders for their bottom line, but at the same time, some merchants won't use the phrase "Christmas" in their advertising for fear of being seen as politically incorrect. Pure hypocrisy.
                      No, Christmas has nothing to do with Dec 25, purchasing presents has nothing to do with Christ. Claiming it does when it does not, and then getting upset about it when it doesn't is hypocrisy.
                      Oh no, I lost the holiday I stole, call the holiday cops! -That is hypocrisy.
                      sigpic

Comment

People who hijack threads to begin pointless religion/politics rantings
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          People who hijack threads to begin pointless religion/politics rantings
                          Hey, I did apologise
                          sigpic

Comment

If you mean me, I didn't hijack the thread. I really DO have a pet peeve this time of year when people tell me I can't say 'Merry Christmas' because it would offend someone. Well, what about offending me? What about offending my beliefs in Christ, since Christmas is all about His holy birth anyway? That's why I say Merry Christmas anyway.
                            Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
                            (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

Calm down. It wasn't you.
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                Calm down. It wasn't you.
                                It was me
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X