No announcement yet.

Post a pet peeve.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have I mentioned lately how much UK TV annoys me?

There I was, enjoying reruns of "Smallville", it gets to the end of season 2 (which is pretty much the point I stopped watching originally), I get all set up for the start of season 3, and what happens?

It goes right back to the start of season 1.

Dammit.
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Berfore people ask: I am a writer, I like to write, so if you write a post less than a paragraph in length, I do not want to write with you. It is that simple.

But do people like writers ? Not most gamers I've come across, they treat them with contempt, and fear, they report writers to the forum owners and tell the owners their fears of the writer, {for example a friend of mine} rather then talking with my friend or even me, about their fears so we can work it out. Instead they go to the forum staff and get the person banned from the site

In short, people love books, but hate writers.... it does not make sense

NOTE: as a writer when writing posts for online roleplays on a writing site, I average about 300 words a post. a friend and I wrote one post that was nearly 20K words long just by doing it all on a multiplayer notepad

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
      "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
      "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
        Berfore people ask: I am a writer, I like to write, so if you write a post less than a paragraph in length, I do not want to write with you. It is that simple.

But do people like writers ? Not most gamers I've come across, they treat them with contempt, and fear, they report writers to the forum owners and tell the owners their fears of the writer, {for example a friend of mine} rather then talking with my friend or even me, about their fears so we can work it out. Instead they go to the forum staff and get the person banned from the site

In short, people love books, but hate writers.... it does not make sense

NOTE: as a writer when writing posts for online roleplays on a writing site, I average about 300 words a post. a friend and I wrote one post that was nearly 20K words long just by doing it all on a multiplayer notepad
        Who you are as a person, or writer does not matter to most readers.
        What matters is the story you are trying to tell, and THAT is what you get rewarded for. In high school, I did advanced English with an extra course in writing, and our main task for the whole year was to write a story. I wrote a story, far beyond the "marking criteria" of word count, page count or any other metric the teacher designed.
        I did not come first, because my WRITING needed work, even though I blew every other criteria out of the water.
        I "did not win" because someone else wrote a shorter, more compact (and complete) story.
        I was mad then, I am not mad anymore.
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

This post is not to express a peeve, but to suggest a solution for one.

My default ringtone was Jimmy Buffet's 'Margaritaville' - one of my favorite songs. With all the spams calls coming in, it became difficult to enjoy that song any longer. Also, I read that some spammers are using a random phone number generator, masking numbers, and making calls with numbers similar to mine. This made it difficult to block a single phone number from the caller.

Here's the solution:
          1. I made sure the group contacts were given their own ringtone.
          2. I recorded five seconds of silence using the Voice Recorder app then set that as the default ringtone.

When a spam call comes in, I can ignore it and check out the # and message later.

All my best,
          pscard
          :{D
          Total syffy posts: 36,690
          (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
          Matthew 5:9

Comment

I could never get tired of my ringtone -- it's the sound of a Warehouse 13 Farnsworth and it hardly ever rings.

My medication alarm though... that's a whole other matter.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              I could never get tired of my ringtone -- it's the sound of a Warehouse 13 Farnsworth and it hardly ever rings.

My medication alarm though... that's a whole other matter.
              should set your medication alarm to use the star trek tng warp core breach alert

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                should set your medication alarm to use the star trek tng warp core breach alert
                LOL!! I have several colleagues who would get a kick out of that.

*off to find a good soundfile to use*

Anyone else --> All the Star Trek Audio you ever wanted (or didn't know you wanted)

Waking up to the sound of the computer announcing your regeneration cycle is completed at 6 in the morning might not last too long though.
                Last edited by Falcon Horus; 03 July 2019, 11:54 AM.

Comment

The 30th of June has not come and gone yet... They have 5 days left for them to arrive.

Saw people on twitter who picked them up at the SGC Lounge in Chicago so they certainly exist.
                  I sent an email asking about the Founders Patch. I got the run around again. Person said if it isn't at my address by July 23, then contact them again. I squealed on SGC and mentioned Founders Patches were handed out at the Creation event. Blamed it on production issue and failing to inform me. Something stinks!

Comment

Originally posted by ScifigirlSG View Post
                    I sent an email asking about the Founders Patch. I got the run around again. Person said if it isn't at my address by July 23, then contact them again. I squealed on SGC and mentioned Founders Patches were handed out at the Creation event. Blamed it on production issue and failing to inform me. Something stinks!
                    I'm quite used to the run around, considering I've heard their "working on it" line plenty so this hardly surprises me.

They're also still working on gate cast which was supposedly going to be fixed two weeks ago or so, so yeah... they better start working faster or the site will be dead come next subscription round.

Comment

Anyone else --> All the Star Trek Audio you ever wanted (or didn't know you wanted)

Waking up to the sound of the computer announcing your regeneration cycle is completed at 6 in the morning might not last too long though.
                      all the various "I'm a doctor, not a.." lines would probably be good for medication alerts too

also made a meme with Dr. McCoy and set the text to "You expect me to wear skinny jeans?! I'm a doctor not a sausage!!"

Comment

LOL

Comment

Five days my mum's been home from hospital, and it's like she's never been away.

Moan moan moan. Complain complain complain.
                          sigpic
                          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Thank you for sharing that link!
                            Total syffy posts: 36,690
                            (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
                            Matthew 5:9

Comment

I can't get any Diagnosis Murder on DVD in the UK beyond Season 3, just when I feel it got to its best!.
                              "Welcome to the Good place"

Let's save the planet, it's the only one we have.

Comment

There I was, looking forward to watching "The Boys", and my usual streaming site has failed me.

"Removed for Copyright Violations" if you please.

Bugger.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X