Post a pet peeve.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
    at least you have mobile shelter (your car...)
    True-ish. Then you get out to go into the school to fetch your kid and within seconds, you're soaked to the skin. It's not even worth dragging out an umbrella at that point. I got lucky today and managed to make it in between downpours.
    sigpic
    Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
    Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
      People who interrupt you when your speaking
      I hate to say it, but hubby's an interrupter. Then he gets mad when other people do it to him.
      sigpic
      Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
      Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
        I hate to say it, but hubby's an interrupter. Then he gets mad when other people do it to him.
        Yep nearly all of my family is like this omfg so annoying
        Last Movie Watched
        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
        Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
          Yep nearly all of my family is like this omfg so annoying
          At most family gatherings, I sit back with one eyebrow quirked or wander off somewhere else or watch TV.
          sigpic

Comment

True-ish. Then you get out to go into the school to fetch your kid and within seconds, you're soaked to the skin. It's not even worth dragging out an umbrella at that point. I got lucky today and managed to make it in between downpours.
            should've put on a rain coat BEFORE going out then.....

the boy scout in me that I used to be probably would make sure I had an emergency poncho or 2 at least in the glove compartment.....you know that whole "be prepared" thing....

Comment

should've put on a rain coat BEFORE going out then.....

the boy scout in me that I used to be probably would make sure I had an emergency poncho or 2 at least in the glove compartment.....you know that whole "be prepared" thing....

Have ya ever tried to drive with one of those darn things on MG??

I feel WW's pain, it's even worse when you have the other kids in the car as well
              sigpic
              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

People who drive like morons, especially on the interstate.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                sigpic
                now also appearing on DeviantArt
                Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                  Have ya ever tried to drive with one of those darn things on MG??

I feel WW's pain, it's even worse when you have the other kids in the car as well
                  which is why I would dig one out of the glove compartment AFTER stopping the car and take it off after getting back in....

Comment

which is why I would dig one out of the glove compartment AFTER stopping the car and take it off after getting back in....
                    Pick up someones kids sometimes in the rain, and have one or 2 in the car as well, might change your mind
                    sigpic
                    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Besides, it's hard to put on or take off a rain poncho while you're sitting behind the wheel in the driver's seat of a car.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                      Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                      sigpic
                      now also appearing on DeviantArt
                      Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
                        OMG my Aunt is a constant interrupter. I hate talking to her. When I do I have to tell her to her face. "I wasn't done yet"

UGH
                        I also have an aunt like that. She never listens to what you're saying, she just picks up on key words and thinks she knows what you are about to say, then takes over the conversation and we end up out on some strange tangent. Over years of this kind of thing, one starts to feel totally disrespected and so I avoid her.
                        sigpic

Comment

1. I can't drive with any sort of coat or jacket on; never could, not even in the winter in New England.
                          2. Yeah, the whole struggling to get into and out of a rain jacket from the driver's seat is difficult at best; add kids in the other seats and it becomes a nightmare sometimes.
                          3. Once you've got the rain coat off, you're sitting on a wet seat anyway, so why bother.
                          4. The rain has driven into your car and soaked everything it can reach in the seconds the door was open.

I usually just get home, get towels out, get everyone dried and changed into dry clothes. Sometimes, you've just got to suck it up. Which doesn't mean I have to like it...

Like I said, though, I actually got lucky today and made it to and from in between cloudbursts.
                          sigpic

Comment

At most family gatherings, I sit back with one eyebrow quirked or wander off somewhere else or watch TV.
                            Yep me and my cousin go and play a video game together, and then we get told off for being rude
                            Last Movie Watched
                            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                            Life is Strange

Comment

Getting pressured and pestered to post things. People just Do not understand the meaning of BURNOUT, it means I NEED A BREAK FROM THIS. Why don't people know this ?

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                              "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                              "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                                Getting pressured and pestered to post things. People just Do not understand the meaning of BURNOUT, it means I NEED A BREAK FROM THIS. Why don't people know this ?
                                Because I miss you
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X