• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and One Direction itself
    sigpic
    Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

When you start singing or humming a one direction song because your radio station has something, a song or an article about One Direction everytime you listen to the station

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
      mr_kennedy is correct.
      YAY
      Last Movie Watched
      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
      Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
        Pet peeves.... wow that could be a long list, but I think my main one is people who think that just because I'm a single parent I must not only be claiming thousands of pounds in benefits (I wish!!) but I am also a bad Mother.

Oh, and people who refuse to use punctuation when they are typing (spelling mistakes don't bother me - I make enough of them!) but when sentences run into paragraphs and there's not even a comma it just makes me.
        Damn straight! Everyone seems to think that if you claim some benefits, you're all of a sudden a lazy, stupid, horrible person who can't be arsed getting up and getting a job, and living off of the state in luxury, despite the fact that most of those people do have jobs, and even if you do rely on a large amount of benefits, they're usually not even close to enough to have the sort of lifestyle the Daily Mail seems to think that people of benefits have.
        My Stargate fan fiction @ FF.net | NEW: When Cassie Calls Teal'c.

Comment

insurance people who waste your time with un-needed things
          sigpic

Comment

also people who don't stand or show respect during the minutes silence on ANZAC day or Remembrance day or any other holidays like that
            Last edited by LT. COL. John Sheppard; 20 April 2012, 02:53 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Goose View Post
              Damn straight! Everyone seems to think that if you claim some benefits, you're all of a sudden a lazy, stupid, horrible person who can't be arsed getting up and getting a job, and living off of the state in luxury, despite the fact that most of those people do have jobs, and even if you do rely on a large amount of benefits, they're usually not even close to enough to have the sort of lifestyle the Daily Mail seems to think that people of benefits have.
              I'd love to know how they come up with some of the figures that they do!
              sigpic
              Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

When my kids open a bit of mail or a new bag of socks or such not and leave the garbage lying around.
                sigpic
                Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Originally posted by Goose View Post
                  While I'd rather charity be handled by the non-profits as it traditionally used to be, a little gov't welfare is sometimes necessary for those who are earnestly trying to work hard and just need a little help. My pet peeve is that it would cost less to provide health care for the needy if the health plans that these needy joined would just stick to the basics and not have all kinds of extraneous stuff in their health plans. And for pete's sake lower the cost of the food that's better for you already. Right now the junk food is cheaper than the food that's good for you and this is why people who have to be on food stamps can get to be out of shape. Because their benefits are limited and they naturally want to stretch their dollar as far as they can so they buy the junk.

Comment

A related pet peeve is when I see people abuse the generosity of this system. I've seen people on welfare who somehow manage to drive cadillacs and have cell phones and laptops for all their kids and can buy them all $100 pairs of sneakers......yeah if you can afford that you don't need no welfare. This probably also contributes to the sometimes high cost of welfare benefits.

Comment

100% agreed ^
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                        A related pet peeve is when I see people abuse the generosity of this system. I've seen people on welfare who somehow manage to drive cadillacs and have cell phones and laptops for all their kids and can buy them all $100 pairs of sneakers......yeah if you can afford that you don't need no welfare. This probably also contributes to the sometimes high cost of welfare benefits.
                        Agreed! I'm not going to say that I don't claim benefits but what I do get is minimal because I work - Everything I own I have had to save so very hard for, there is a reason I don't drive, drink or smoke I simple cannot afford to and my child as been bought up to know that if I can't afford something then she goes without, believe me she's happy anyway.

It's people who abuse the system that end up causing everybody to be tarred with the same brush
                        sigpic
                        Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                          Agreed! I'm not going to say that I don't claim benefits but what I do get is minimal because I work - Everything I own I have had to save so very hard for, there is a reason I don't drive, drink or smoke I simple cannot afford to and my child as been bought up to know that if I can't afford something then she goes without, believe me she's happy anyway.

It's people who abuse the system that end up causing everybody to be tarred with the same brush
                          Yeah I finally decided that since it seems to be taking me a while to find a steady job that I should probably go on Family Health Plus which is a system here in NYS where a person or family who makes below a certain income can get on a health plan and not have to pay a premium, though they might still have to pay some co-pays. I've begun developing some problems like high blood pressure (been getting rejected a lot for platelet donations recently due to high BP) and I'm probably pre-diabetic.....hopefully the plan they can put me on can pay for a gym membership so that I can get myself in shape

Comment

i totally agree with ^^ and MG
                            And, what is One Direction?
                            Last edited by pookey; 20 April 2012, 06:07 AM. Reason: MG ninjaring me, another pet peeve :p
                            sigpic

Comment

a lot of it is that sometimes parents don't prioritize their spending properly.....in some of those welfare-abusing situations the kids are poorly educated because their parents are spending all their money on all these gadgets and high end clothes but then after that can't spend a couple hundred for "Hooked on Phonics"

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post
                                i totally agree with ^ and MG
                                And, what is One Direction?
                                East....

Comment

Working...
                                X