X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    People who don't worship the great Bacon
    Kevin Bacon?
    My Stargate fan fiction @ FF.net | NEW: When Cassie Calls Teal'c.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
      Yes Cheesecake is very annoying
      Exactly! How could it be so yummy and have ALL those calories? It's just not right.
      sigpic
      Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
      Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

not having any cheesecake in when people are talking about it
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
          People who think they're better than immigrants just because they happened to have been born in their country, which incidentally is often a nation built by early immigrants who trampled all over the indigenous people of said country.
          Very true. In the US, for example, even people whose ancestors were among the early colonists from Europe are descended from immigrants, though they tend to forget that. Compared to the native (indigenous) peoples, the rest of us are pretty much ALL 'illegal immigrants', at least technically.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
          Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
          sigpic
          now also appearing on DeviantArt
          Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by LT. COL. John Sheppard View Post
            its one of those things how your say dads best mate is classed as your Uncle i think in Europe you use the God-mother/father terms
            I don't know about Europe, but in the US you generally aren't someone's godparent unless you were their baptismal sponsor at church, because that's what the term technically means. On the other hand, the friends of parents are often called 'aunt' and 'uncle' by children as a term of respect and familiar friendship. I grew up having several people like that, and am called 'aunt' by some of my friends' children.

But none of that is taken to mean that we share ancestry when we don't, so your dad's best mate's ancestry doesn't influence your own, and saying it does seems kind of weird.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
            Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic
            Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by LT. COL. John Sheppard View Post
              its one of those things how your say dads best mate is classed as your Uncle i think in Europe you use the God-mother/father terms
              Not as far as I'm aware. Godparents are specific to religion and baptizing. Why else would a child only have one godfather and one godmother, instead of a bunch of godparents who are all mates*friends of said child's parents?

* Almost forgot that as a European I'm obviously not allowed to use the word 'mate'. Hum, I wonder if by your reasoning I'm even allowed to use the English language...
              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Getting up first, yet not having time to get my shower until last and all the hot water's gone.
                sigpic
                Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

* Almost forgot that as a European I'm obviously not allowed to use the word 'mate'. Hum, I wonder if by your reasoning I'm even allowed to use the English language...
                  Well, as long as you're not Chinese, then I think using the word "mate" is fine. Because apparently Chinese people using the word "mate" is bad.

Comment

I just ate a whole pizza. My pet peeve is the side effects of eating a whole pizza.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                      I just ate a whole pizza. My pet peeve is the side effects of eating a whole pizza.
                      *backs away slowly in case of explosion*

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                      Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

Pet peeves......hmmm......

1) People who are NEVER on time.....*stares at hubby*. I told him if he dies first I'm going to say his funeral is at 3 pm and bury him at 1 pm so he won't be late.

2) People who let their dogs run loose and then complain when something happens to the dog.

3) The whole texting thing.....especially while driving. I suppose that goes for using a cell phone too.

4) Stepping in gum! Grrrrr......spit out your gum in the trash people or wrap it in paper.

5) Rude obnoxious people.

IHS
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Goose View Post
                          Well, as long as you're not Chinese, then I think using the word "mate" is fine. Because apparently Chinese people using the word "mate" is bad.
                          You make a good point. I guess considering my country's 400+ year relationship with Australia also gives me the right to call Australians 'mates'. Oh and of course we also shed blood with them during WWII, unlike those Chinese folks. Still, 160K people emigrated to Australia from 1947-1971 and they're just immigrants, not real Australians like LT. COL. John Sheppard...
                          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
                            *backs away slowly in case of explosion*
                            An explosion of spicy goodness.
                            sigpic

Comment

Still, 160K people emigrated to Australia from 1947-1971 and they're just immigrants, not real Australians like LT. COL. John Sheppard...
                              Not to forget all the... well, everyone in Australia except the Aborigines... who are immigrants or descendent of immigrants.

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                                peeps who eat whole pizza's and dont share piglet
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X