Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tracking Earth's Future via Current Events, etc.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. Aside from union jobs, very few workers have health plans generous enough to trigger the Cadillac tax.
    And I believe union employees are exempt from that aspect of LSoScare.
    That's a lot of construction workers and first responders and nurses who will be hurt by it.
    By Nolamom
    sigpic

Comment

filthy unionists, who cares.................
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
        That's a lot of construction workers and first responders and nurses who will be hurt by it.
        They would have been, if the former sorry excuse for a president hadn't written exemptions for them into obamacare.

Comment

Potential future food related articles..

First item = What a bunch of sick minded people..!

"Isis tests chemical weapons on 'human guinea pigs', secret documents reveal"
          by Greg Wilford
          May 21, 2017 (Independent-co-uk)

"Security forces now fear the Islamist group may hatch a plot to contaminate Western food supplies with formulas that quickly dissolve in liquid"
          . . .
          The experiments were recorded in a stash of papers found hidden in Mosul University after Iraqi special forces recaptured the city from IS fighters.
          . . .

Next, here's another food related item.. Doomsday Vault "fail".
          Has an almost *washed out* feeling.. This item at least has a sense of humor, sort of..

Nevermind about the ocean waters rising.. don't need that to damage the vault at all. Ooops!!
          Actually, it didn't fail completely, but whoever built the vault probably forgot to take into consideration about the mountain melting down and flooding the place from the top down..
          Lovely article title..

"The Doomsday Vault Isn't Flooded But We're All Still Going to Die"
          Rhett Jones
          Saturday (May 20, 2917) 2:07pm (gizmodo)

It was a story that was too good to pass up. The Svalbard 'doomsday' seed vault had flooded because of global warming-induced high temperatures melting the surrounding permafrost. But according to one of the vault's creators, the reports are pretty overblown and everything's fine. Well, the vault's fine. The apocalypse is still ticking along nicely.
          . . .
          (bold font emphasis note--the author just had to insert that *apocalypse* tidbit in.. suuuuuuure.)

Reinforcement article link below (popsci).

"Turns out the Svalbard seed vault is probably fine--Deep breaths."
          By Mary Beth Griggs
          May 19, 2017 (popsci)

A failure at a fail-safe vault. The irony is delicious, but that's not the whole story.
          . . .
          "If there was a worst case scenario where there was so much water, or the pumping systems failed, that it made its way uphill to the seed vault, then it would encounter minus 18 [degrees celsius] and freeze again. Then there’s another barrier [the ice] for entry into the seed vault," (Cary) Fowler says. In other words, any water that floods into the tunnel has to make it 100 meters downhill, then back uphill, then overwhelm the pumping systems, and then manage not to freeze at well-below-freezing temperatures. Otherwise, there's no way liquid is getting into the seed bank—so the seeds are probably safe.
          . . .
          Still worried? Maybe this will help you exhale: "We did this calculation; if all the ice in the world melted—Greenland, Arctic, Antarctic, everything—and then we had the world's largest recorded tsunami right in front of the seed vault. So, very high sea levels and the worlds largest Tsunami. What would happen to the seed vault?" Fowler says. "We found that the seed vault was somewhere between a five and seven story building above that point. It might not help the road leading up to the seed vault, but the seeds themselves would be ok."

Comment

I think you're completely and utterly missing the point about the Seed Vault. The reason it's where it is, is because of the permafrost keeping the energy output needed to keep the vault cool, to preserve the seeds, below spiking levels. They don't need much of anything to keep the temp low. But with temps rising, the permafrost melts, and the Vault is in trouble.

If the permafrost keeps melting, and it will since some orange buffoons don't believe in climate change, the seeds will not even make it the apocalyptic event of your choosing.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              I think you're completely and utterly missing the point about the Seed Vault. The reason it's where it is, is because of the permafrost keeping the energy output needed to keep the vault cool, to preserve the seeds, below spiking levels. They don't need much of anything to keep the temp low. But with temps rising, the permafrost melts, and the Vault is in trouble.

If the permafrost keeps melting, and it will since some orange buffoons don't believe in climate change, the seeds will not even make it the apocalyptic event of your choosing.
              No one ever said the climate isn't changing. It is constantly changing. The Earth has seen many cooling/warming cycles. Completely normal

What I and others don't believe is that mankind is the cause of these changes. IF mankind was the cause, what caused it before we arose?

Comment

No one ever said the climate isn't changing. It is constantly changing. The Earth has seen many cooling/warming cycles. Completely normal

What I and others don't believe is that mankind is the cause of these changes. IF mankind was the cause, what caused it before we arose?
                I guess they stopped teaching in the educational system about those ever-changing climate cycles, along with their various locations, after you (Annoyed) and I graduated from high school..

I've heard that during the dinosaur ages, the earth was enveloped in a constant hot-house or greenhouse effect. Thus, the cold-blooded reptiles died suddenly, because their bodies froze and couldn't properly deal with the drastic change in temperatures and other climate conditions that caused their doom.

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
                  I guess they stopped teaching in the educational system about those ever-changing climate cycles, along with their various locations, after you (Annoyed) and I graduated from high school..
                  Yes, Earths climate changes -naturally-, it happens in waves, heat, then cold, a fairly predictable pattern supported by things such as Ice core readings. No one is saying that it does not. What is happening -now- is that we should be heading into a cooler period of time, -but that is not happening-, the predictive bell curve of highs and lows is not happening, it is getting hotter, and hotter, weather patterns are changing not just in localized area's but across the globe.. So, we go back and look at the evidence, look for cause and effect and apply the scientific method. What has changed to break the natural cycles of heating and cooling?
                  sigpic

Comment

Normal indeed, except that the curve we are following now is deviating from its normal way.

How far back does your mankin extent -- do you include the prehistory of mankind?

Cause from the moment industrialization happened in the modern world, we changed the curve of cooling and heating periods.
                    You don't need to be a scientist to see the differences.

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                    Yes, Earths climate changes -naturally-, it happens in waves, heat, then cold, a fairly predictable pattern supported by things such as Ice core readings. No one is saying that it does not. What is happening -now- is that we should be heading into a cooler period of time, -but that is not happening-, the predictive bell curve of highs and lows is not happening, it is getting hotter, and hotter, weather patterns are changing not just in localized area's but across the globe.. So, we go back and look at the evidence, look for cause and effect and apply the scientific method. What has changed to break the natural cycles of heating and cooling?
                    Or what he said.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

They stopped teaching a lot of important crap over the years, replacing it with liberal indoctrination and revisionist history.

I was recently in the high school I graduated from over 40 years ago, and I couldn't believe the crap they are teaching these young skulls full of mush. If I didn't know better, I would have thought I was in a shock training camp for Democrat party leaders. I kid you not, they even had promotional posters for NYSUT (a powerful NY teacher's union) hanging on the walls of classrooms!
                      I could not graduate from such a place. I would never be able to tolerate the far left propaganda being foisted off as "education".

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                        And we know this because our extensive couple of hundred years of being able to study this, out of the millions of years of Earth's history? Hell, they can't even decide which way the change is going. First it's cooling, then it's warming.. That's why they adopted the term "climate change".
                        No, I'm sorry. We as a species simply do not know enough about it to have a qualified opinion on the matter, either way.

Combine that with the obvious (and publicly admitted by their own high priests) fact that the advocates of climate change theory are using this as a cover for transfer of wealth, and I call BS. At this point in the game, after all that has gone before, I don't think it's possible for anyone to change my mind on this.

Comment

And we know this because our extensive couple of hundred years of being able to study this, out of the millions of years of Earth's history?
                          Ice cores go back 800 000 years, how do you think we know we have had predictable heating and cooling periods?
                          Hell, they can't even decide which way the change is going. First it's cooling, then it's warming.. That's why they adopted the term "climate change".
                          Or, you know, it's doing both to a degree.
                          No, I'm sorry. We as a species simply do not know enough about it to have a qualified opinion on the matter, either way.
                          Hardly.
                          Combine that with the obvious (and publicly admitted by their own high priests) fact that the advocates of climate change theory are using this as a cover for transfer of wealth, and I call BS.
                          So, because they are misusing a thing, it does not exist?
                          At this point in the game, after all that has gone before, I don't think it's possible for anyone to change my mind on this.
                          As long as you are not the one calling the shots, who cares?
                          sigpic

Comment

Normal indeed, except that the curve we are following now is deviating from its normal way.
                            . . .
                            Cause from the moment industrialization happened in the modern world, we changed the curve of cooling and heating periods.
                            You don't need to be a scientist to see the differences.
                            I've mentioned this before, that the earth's iron or magnetic core is causing the poles to switch sides. It's been documented as actually happening over the recent decade or so, in many scientific magazine articles. Something inside the earth is swishing around at the core and moving the polar fields ever so slightly back towards the equator, thus the poles are warming and the equator region .. well, we don't know if that will get colder yet or not. But just imagine the polar ends of the earth to drop down about 45 degrees in each hemisphere.. Oh my, how/what will the world react with if that happens?

I see that polar shifting and warming trend as normal, *because* of the shifting or "flipping" that is occurring in the poles. Where else is the grass gonna grow if the regions between the poles and equator shifts or flips with the polar flipping phenomenon? Makes perfect sense to me.. just got to see this from a different POV, than the mass hysteria that Al Gore and company started to freak people out with.

On a different note, since I've met up with Mrs. Claus (one of the ladies in disguise), I've asked about where Santa (Claus) keeps his workshop if the North Pole melts all the ice off. Makes the kids (and their parents) start to think on a scale they never thought about before.. OMG!! Perhaps, Santa has his own cloaked sky-space city or undersea station..

How far back does your mankin extent -- do you include the prehistory of mankind?
                            I don't put dates on such things, because I wasn't around back in those years.. Accepting what someone else declares as truth *card blanch* or without question, just because the education system teaches it that way doesn't mean it contains the correct answers.

And we know this because our extensive couple of hundred years of being able to study this, out of the millions of years of Earth's history? Hell, they can't even decide which way the change is going. First it's cooling, then it's warming.. That's why they adopted the term "climate change".
                            Exactly (see highlighted blue text). We didn't live back in prehistoric times, so we don't know exactly what happened. I keep seeing POVs changing on what the dinosaurs looked like. Just because the T-Rex had giant teeth, was it like a shark on land, devouring food like a scavenger vulture, or did it kill its prey and then eat it like the grizzy bears and lion families..? I used to think of the T-Rex as a giant and ferocious crocodile, but with the short arms and long tail, it seems more like a reptiled kangeroo with chicken feet.

..too many thoughts to ponder, til further notice...

Comment

I've mentioned this before, that the earth's iron or magnetic core is causing the poles to switch sides. It's been documented as actually happening over the recent decade or so, in many scientific magazine articles. Something inside the earth is swishing around at the core and moving the polar fields ever so slightly back towards the equator, thus the poles are warming and the equator region .. well, we don't know if that will get colder yet or not. But just imagine the polar ends of the earth to drop down about 45 degrees in each hemisphere.. Oh my, how/what will the world react with if that happens?
                              Blub blub blub?

I see that polar shifting and warming trend as normal, *because* of the shifting or "flipping" that is occurring in the poles. Where else is the grass gonna grow if the regions between the poles and equator shifts or flips with the polar flipping phenomenon? Makes perfect sense to me.. just got to see this from a different POV, than the mass hysteria that Al Gore and company started to freak people out with.
                              You mean they said "the end is nigh, make peace with your god"
                              I wonder where they got that idea from.........
                              Seriously though, it makes a -massive- difference. That "mere 45 degree's" could mean that Australia becomes a jungle, and the centre strip of the US becomes a desert, the US heartland, cattle country and crops becomes a wasteland. More likely however is that the equatorial strip becomes a nice place to live, the rest, not so much.

On a different note, since I've met up with Mrs. Claus (one of the ladies in disguise), I've asked about where Santa (Claus) keeps his workshop if the North Pole melts all the ice off. Makes the kids (and their parents) start to think on a scale they never thought about before.. OMG!! Perhaps, Santa has his own cloaked sky-space city or undersea station..
                              That's not Santa, That's Cthulhu.

I don't put dates on such things, because I wasn't around back in those years.. Accepting what someone else declares as truth *card blanch* or without question, just because the education system teaches it that way doesn't mean it contains the correct answers.
                              LOLWHUT???
                              Does the fiery finger and the BLUE stone make it more believable?

Exactly (see highlighted blue text). We didn't live back in prehistoric times, so we don't know exactly what happened. I keep seeing POVs changing on what the dinosaurs looked like. Just because the T-Rex had giant teeth, was it like a shark on land, devouring food like a scavenger vulture, or did it kill its prey and then eat it like the grizzy bears and lion families..? I used to think of the T-Rex as a giant and ferocious crocodile, but with the short arms and long tail, it seems more like a reptiled kangeroo with chicken feet.
                              Irrelevant
                              sigpic

Comment

Combine that with the obvious (and publicly admitted by their own high priests) fact that the advocates of climate change theory are using this as a cover for transfer of wealth, and I call BS. At this point in the game, after all that has gone before, I don't think it's possible for anyone to change my mind on this.

Medical science has evolved in much the same manner, it doesn't mean that your doctors know squat though...it just means that human knowledge gets refined as time moves forward...your logic here is flawed to say the least.
                                By Nolamom
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X