Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tracking Earth's Future via Current Events, etc.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your conspiricy theory has an actual basis, if you are interested, and it's called Camp Century. A Cold War military facility in Greenland which, thanks to global warming, is coming out of the melting ice.

A Radioactive Cold War Military Base Will Soon Emerge From Greenland’s Melting Ice
    They thought the frozen earth would keep it safely hidden. They were wrong
    Source: By Ben Panko - smithsonian.com - August 5, 2016

Greenland's receding icecap to expose top-secret US nuclear project
    Camp Century – part of Project Iceworm – is an underground cold war network that was thought to have been buried forever
    Source: The Guardian - Jon Henley - 27 September 2016

Mysterious, ice-buried Cold War military base may be unearthed by climate change
    Source: Science Magazine - By Julia Rosen - Aug. 4, 2016
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Your conspiricy theory has an actual basis, if you are interested, and it's called Camp Century. A Cold War military facility in Greenland which, thanks to global warming, is coming out of the melting ice.

A Radioactive Cold War Military Base Will Soon Emerge From Greenland’s Melting Ice
      They thought the frozen earth would keep it safely hidden. They were wrong
      Source: By Ben Panko - smithsonian.com - August 5, 2016

Greenland's receding icecap to expose top-secret US nuclear project
      Camp Century – part of Project Iceworm – is an underground cold war network that was thought to have been buried forever
      Source: The Guardian - Jon Henley - 27 September 2016

Mysterious, ice-buried Cold War military base may be unearthed by climate change
      Source: Science Magazine - By Julia Rosen - Aug. 4, 2016
      What hath you done?
      By Nolamom
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
        What hath you done?
        There's also a seed vault in Norway --> SVALBARD GLOBAL SEED VAULT

Comment

Hollow Earth Theory; For when you have no ****ing clue about matter, physics, mechanics, gravity or any form of common sense.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
            Hollow Earth Theory; For when you have no ****ing clue about matter, physics, mechanics, gravity or any form of common sense.
            LIES!!! ALL LIES!!!
            You should know better! Hollow Earth is real and Helen Magnus knows where it is.

Comment

There's also a seed vault in Norway --> SVALBARD GLOBAL SEED VAULT

You never watched those movies where people are told not to feed those furry creatures? And then they do and it ends badly?
              By Nolamom
              sigpic

Comment

You never watched those movies where people are told not to feed those furry creatures? And then they do and it ends badly?
                sigpic
                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Regarding Gizmo as Rambo.. never saw that one!
                  One of the Funniest "Gremlins" movie scenes ever had to be where the one evil furbal(?) was hanging off the ceiling fan and got the ride of its life when another evil furby accidentally hit the ON switch to FAST speed... circling round and round until zzzzswing! out the window and crash!

Don't feed them things after midnite. Oy!

I'll keep my furry Maine Coon kitty instead. thanks! At times, she was more like a loyal puppy than a cat, which is characteristic of most Maine Coons. =)
                  Oh, and PAWS off..! -- she's not edible either.. she got cremated over 20 years ago (she died from Florida's flea infestation in her forest of fur).. so, she's now safe from other hungry critters.

Comment

I haven't, no.

And I thought it was water they were allergic to.

Comment

Water made them reproduce, feeding after midnight made them into teenagers.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                        LOL

Comment

LOL

This is no laughing matter.
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post

LOL

I'll be nice and put this in spoiler quotes, instead.
                            Spoiler:
                            those mischievous, teenaged-minded gremlins seemed to destroy most of the town by the end of the story. It was jaw-dropping watching how it all unfolded (with the amazing animation) and finally got resolved. . . tho I did feel kinda sorry for the gremlin who fell off the ceiling fan from it going around too fast for the ugly critter to hold on to..

I think I was too traumatized from watching the first batch of gremlins doing damage, that it freaked me out too much too see more damage being done in "Gremlins 2".
                            Besides, I liked them better in their more adorable, goose-down fur stage as furbies . . .

Comment

Of course not... *puts serious hat on*

Comment

*turns into a goat and eats hat*
                                sigpic
                                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Working...
                                X