No announcement yet.

Confessions of a Bacon Freak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

let's just all go back to wearing our PG straining shirts.
    Originally posted by jelgate
    This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
      it's a perfectly valid word....what won't get past is ****** Thank God!
      I agree it IS a perfectly cromulent.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/word...cromulent-mean

Comment

let's just all go back to wearing our PG straining shirts.
        You can never wear those
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by epg20 View Post

hmmm.....interesting!

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          You can never wear those
          I know...that was PH's job ....but she's not here anymore

Comment

Blame the posters who drove her away
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by epg20 View Post

you know, I just can't believe that people with a higher education didn't catch that this was just a joke word, a made up word that never existed until that episode of the simpsons, so much for American HIGHER education.

Comment

EPG, mewling quim got past the ratings system because people did not know what it meant, and those words existed for centuries.
                sigpic
                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  Blame the posters who drove her away
                  I blame no one. Because everyone has a right to post on a public forum and a right to their opinion. No one can force anyone to do anything. You can choose to ignore and not let one person's opinions bother you, or you can buy into it and let it drive you away. It was a personal choice, which BTW I respect, but there is no blame here.

Comment

I blame no one. Because everyone has a right to post on a public forum and a right to their opinion. No one can force anyone to do anything. You can choose to ignore and not let one person's opinions bother you, or you can buy into it and let it drive you away. It was a personal choice, which BTW I respect, but there is no blame here.
                    Then you have no idea what happened.

It is not a difference of opinion when one side wants the other to die. When they come up with the same bigoted, idiotic, hateful arguments again and again.

And no one will do anything about it.

I do not feel comfortable posting alongside people who are free to say I deserve to die for the crime of existing.

I no longer feel safe or welcome on this forum.

There is blame here. The bigoted,hateful, intolerant posters. And the Mods who sit back and do nothing. Their silence is acceptance. Their inaction is approval.

Ignoring it does not make it go away. Not reading it does not mean it stops happening.

I don't want to leave. But I don't want to waste my time on a forum where discrimination and hatred are called 'opinions', where everyone seems more interested in defending the right to post hate speech, than protecting the people being discriminated against.

Comment

It's true I don't know the details of what happened and I'm sorry for any injustice that's been done to you. I would hope that you have taken it to the proper people who moderate this forum in hopes of getting something done. I know there is alot of joking (sometimes it gets even into the cruel and hateful side) here, and there are times I have been very offended by what's said to me here being a somewhat conservative Christian, I feel that at times I am very "discriminated" against here and have been the brunt of many very hateful and vindictive posts to the point I refuse to even broach the subject with anyone and completely stay out of the political and/or religious threads. I only just goof around making silly/nonsense posts and I refuse to really even make it about my real opinions for fear that I will be singled out and put down. Believe me, I have had my share of down right bullying and hatred here on the forums. That's why I don't get into those subjects and just post about silly stuff and keep it light. The moment it gets into anything real or personal, I change the subject or leave for a while to avoid being hurt. I feel for you PH and I pray that you can heal and whoever did this hurtful posting towards you can come to terms with it and apologize and put a stop to it. But at the end of the day there has to be some level of atonement and forgiveness or else there will never be any reconciliation. That is my only opinion on the matter and I pray it can somehow get resolved.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                        Then you have no idea what happened.

It is not a difference of opinion when one side wants the other to die. When they come up with the same bigoted, idiotic, hateful arguments again and again.

And no one will do anything about it.

I do not feel comfortable posting alongside people who are free to say I deserve to die for the crime of existing.

I no longer feel safe or welcome on this forum.

There is blame here. The bigoted,hateful, intolerant posters. And the Mods who sit back and do nothing. Their silence is acceptance. Their inaction is approval.

Ignoring it does not make it go away. Not reading it does not mean it stops happening.

I don't want to leave. But I don't want to waste my time on a forum where discrimination and hatred are called 'opinions', where everyone seems more interested in defending the right to post hate speech, than protecting the people being discriminated against.
                        I don't recall anyone posting that "I want PH to die", or anything of the sort.
                        It seems to me that you would like a forum where you can post your opinions and views, but those that have other viewpoints are not allowed to post theirs.

There are many different viewpoints besides mine or yours. Having a viewpoint that is different from either mine or yours is doesn't make it wrong, or not worthy of being aired in a public, open discussion forum. Your viewpoint is as valid as mine, GF's, FH's, garhkal's or anyone else here. So is mine.

I disagree with many views held by people on this board. But that doesn't give me the right to say my views are superior and others should not be heard. And you have never and will never see me suggest that those with views different from mine be silenced or censored in any way. Everyone has the right to speak their mind, it is the audience's job to determine the value of the words being spoken.

If you feel my views are unacceptable or of no value to you, that's fine. Doesn't bother me a bit. Put me on /ignore so you don't have to read them.

But you do not have the right to insist that everyone here hold views that are in agreement with yours. Wouldn't be much of a discussion board if either you or I could silence opposing views, would it?

Comment

My view is that I deserve to eat all bacon
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Well, since Bacon is an inferior meat product, I'll go along with that. Leaves more of the better quality meats for the rest of us.

Comment

That proves its superior since you are wrong about everything
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

*eats all the bacon while the guys are debating*

Comment

Working...
                                X