• Show
Clear All

So do I

Comment

I don't know how I got several of them
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

accidents during one of your drunken stupors?
        sigpic

Comment

In reality, I live in the country where scars and scratches are a common occurrence
          Jelgate is right

Comment

trust me, I know about that. True story - one of life's most embarrassing moments for a 16-year-old girl - having her father tell the guy at the feed store not to worry about loading the 50 lb. sacks in the truck - his daughter (me) would do it.
            sigpic

Comment

Do that all the time with rock salt
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by epg20 View Post
                i did do some writing from time to time, back on the skiffy boards, most gone now, but from time to time i do a little fan fic stuff.

i do have the outline as to how to bring the asguard back from the abyss they left, and how to cure their disease, but there could be complications with that too.

as for where i get my smiles, well, it is a secret, but if it's just between us meat freaks LONG LIVE THE MEAT FREAKS, i guess i can share the link with you.

http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/happy-smilies/

the section marked Character has a lot too.
                oh you were on skiffy? I came from skiffy to...long times ago. When BSG was airing and wow I was a.... *mumbles under breath* a Kara/Lee shipper so I didn't venture out much beyond that thread but still....those were the days and I really do miss that fandom....but it ended so badly So then I came here and started watching Farscape...and rewatched SG and that aided my healing of that horrible crash and burn of the skiffy.

and thanks for the smilie share So what was your username on skiffy? Mine was some form of squirrely I think it was squirrely24u
                Originally posted by jelgate
                This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

Was that before the Quad of Doom
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
                    oh you were on skiffy? I came from skiffy to...long times ago. When BSG was airing and wow I was a.... *mumbles under breath* a Kara/Lee shipper so I didn't venture out much beyond that thread but still....those were the days and I really do miss that fandom....but it ended so badly So then I came here and started watching Farscape...and rewatched SG and that aided my healing of that horrible crash and burn of the skiffy.

and thanks for the smilie share So what was your username on skiffy? Mine was some form of squirrely I think it was squirrely24u
                    some form of what you see here, mostly this, I had to re-register several times and the last time was this one, so I just stuck with it.

Comment

i did do some writing from time to time, back on the skiffy boards, most gone now, but from time to time i do a little fan fic stuff.

i do have the outline as to how to bring the asguard back from the abyss they left, and how to cure their disease, but there could be complications with that too.

as for where i get my smiles, well, it is a secret, but if it's just between us meat freaks LONG LIVE THE MEAT FREAKS, i guess i can share the link with you.

http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/happy-smilies/

the section marked Character has a lot too.
                      Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      Was that before the Quad of Doom
                      after
                      some form of what you see here, mostly this, I had to re-register several times and the last time was this one, so I just stuck with it.
                      yeah I started out as squirrely1 then they went through a major board overhaul and I lost all my posts and had to start over with squirrely24u it was a sad day. I was on that board for about 5 years.

Comment

You have been here for 6 years. We win
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
                          after

yeah I started out as squirrely1 then they went through a major board overhaul and I lost all my posts and had to start over with squirrely24u it was a sad day. I was on that board for about 5 years.
                          not sure how long I am going to stay here, this whole advert thing is a big problem and it is becoming almost impossible for me to even get to the main page, or any page, I just keep getting this ad for some horror movie and it just gets so annoying and bothersome that I'm not sure I want to keep bothering with it

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            You have been here for 6 years. We win
                            yes we win

not sure how long I am going to stay here, this whole advert thing is a big problem and it is becoming almost impossible for me to even get to the main page, or any page, I just keep getting this ad for some horror movie and it just gets so annoying and bothersome that I'm not sure I want to keep bothering with it
                            yeah I just keep my mouse out of that ad space cuz if you accidentally move your mouse over it Then yeah it's a problem. Try fiddling with your ad block settings maybe?

Comment

It's getting harder and harder to depend on ad blockers, as many of them are now accepting payment from advertisers in exchange for whitelisting that advertiser's ads. Ad Block plus sold out a few years back, I've read a fair amount about the blockers for apple's gadgets doing the same. I don't pay attention to whatever's going on for Google's browser; if someone willingly uses spyware for a web browser, they can't be too concerned with their privacy.

My current setup is to use Firefox with the following add-ons:

NoScript, Flashblock & uBlock

If there is flash or some content on a site that I want to see, I allow that site, sometimes temporarily or sometimes permanent.

This is all the fault of the advertising industry as a whole. No one is going to bother blocking simple banner ads that do not threaten the computer or interfere with the content of the page.

But, since most marketing / advertising types believe in the method used buy used car dealers (shout loud enough to aggravate them, at least you get their attention), we ended up with advertising that not only interferes with the content that you're trying to view, but actually poses security threats to the computer in the form of malware buried in the scripts and adverts on web sites.

As a result, until the ad industry begins to exercise self-control, the safest approach to using the 'net is to assume all ads guilty and block everything.

Comment

I take the opposite approach, I don't block them as the revenue they generate keeps Darren able to maintain this site. I must admit, though, that the ones that pop out into full page ads (like that damn truck ad or the horror movie) when you just get a mouse NEAR are very frustrating.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X