No announcement yet.

Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks a lot to the both of you I think it's from one of the games, filename being CGI Stargate?

Comment

Could be something created specifically for the Stargate Command app/service.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Very likely, it's just super nice to have a good, clear shot of the gate for art now

Comment

"Red-Bllack Heart"
          Watercolor pens on watercolor paper

Comment

"Pawn"
            pencil on drawing paper

Comment

And this time an entry for the monthly prompts, for Faraway Worlds:

"Somewhere Else"
              Digital artwork

(click on image for redirection to full size view, new window)

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Thank you, Jumble
                  Actually it was a bit silly to do a full digi painting and then use a Cartoon effect on it so it looks like worked on with ink...but I liked how it looked after testing that effect

Comment

As long as you like the result, that's all that matters

My entry for Winter:
                    Last edited by Jumble; 17 February 2021, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Nice one, Jumble, looks very much like winter

And here is my entry for Winter:
                      "Icy Tree"
                      Digital painting

(Click on image to be redirected to full size view, new tab)

Comment

Thank you

That's beautiful! Love the featheriness of the tree

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                          Thank you

That's beautiful! Love the featheriness of the tree
                          Thanks
                          I did that with one of the brush tools of the MyPaint brush tool in GIMP, large water color fringe

And I see you got the full sizing working on your image now

Comment

Feels like a million years since I created anything in PS or posted here.....

Faraway Worlds

Edit: Anyone want to volunteer a crash course on how to post thumbnails for wallpaper sized artwork?
                            Last edited by Estrela; 17 February 2021, 07:17 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DarkenLycht View Post

Thanks
                              I did that with one of the brush tools of the MyPaint brush tool in GIMP, large water color fringe

And I see you got the full sizing working on your image now
                              Um, no I haven't figured it out yet - I just made that one ^^^ 680px wide and under 100kb.

Estrela! So good to see you! Lovely icons

And no, I haven't managed to figure it out. But perhaps DarkenLycht could explain it to you

I really hate what's happened to GW since they had to change to the new thingy I guess we should just be grateful that it's still here and available to us, despite the difficulties.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post

Um, no I haven't figured it out yet - I just made that one ^^^ 680px wide and under 100kb.

Estrela! So good to see you! Lovely icons

And no, I haven't managed to figure it out. But perhaps DarkenLycht could explain it to you

I really hate what's happened to GW since they had to change to the new thingy I guess we should just be grateful that it's still here and available to us, despite the difficulties.
                                Oh I see, but you managed to get it redirecting this time to imgbox

and yes I can explain it, here it goes:

First, if you uploaded the image somewhere. you need the URL to it that shows the file ending, like this one, it is linking to an image post on my blog.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/a7f1fd61...5a388c02915ceb.jpg (this link is broken as I made the ending fat)

Copy that URL to your image

Then you click on the image symbol in the text editor that is on the right to the one that lets you remove links (or 2 left from where you can open the drop down for smilies)
                                That will open the image uploader

In the uploader:

choose the tab image info and drop your image link where it says URL and uncheck the box under that (that one is for when you want your image to be an attachment)

Into the fields where it says height and width, enter which size you want to be shown as a thumbnail
                                Then chose the alignment for your image

And this is the important part:

Where it says Link Type, choose URL and drop your link in the field below that again

Then hit OK and you are done in the uploder

The image will show in the text editor and you can continue with your message

Note that imgbox does by default not give you that link, to get it you have to view your image by clicking on it from your gallery and then right click on it and have the image open in a new tab, that is where it will show the URL with the file ending that you need

In case you feel like it, feel free to use the link below to test , if you can make a thumbnail show in your post that redirects to the full size image

https://images2.imgbox.com/91/c2/ULmzXunj_o.jpg

The result you get should be this:

Once you've submitted the post, clicking on the image should redirect you to a new tab that has nothing but the image in full size 600x 600 on it
                                Last edited by DarkenLycht; 18 February 2021, 05:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X