Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Challenge Week 263
    An oldie but a goodie

The delay in posting this week's challenge was caused by me getting engrossed in a re-run of Out of Africa last night!

In turn though it's inspired this week's challenge - make a piece of art inspired by or dedicated to a classic movie, i.e. anything pre-1985. Other than that there are no rules! Enjoy!

Jumble

Comment

CHALLENGE WEEK 264

Louis!!

We in the UK have been eagerly waiting to hear what names have been chosen for our new little Prince! Finally today it has been announced that he will be Prince Louis Arthur Charles So, in honour of our little Prince, your challenge this week is to make a piece of artwork that shows (however loosely ) any connection to ‘Louis’. For example, you could relate your piece to a lyric from Louis Armstrong’s ‘What a Wonderful World’…………

I see trees of green, red roses too
      I see them bloom for me and you
      And I think to myself what a wonderful world

I see skies of blue and clouds of white
      The bright blessed day, the dark sacred night

The colors of the rainbow so pretty in the sky
      Are also on the faces of people going by
      I see friends shaking hands saying how do you do
      They're really saying I love you

I hear babies crying, I watch them grow
      They'll learn much more than I'll never know
      Yes I think to myself what a wonderful world

…. Or any other song/lyric/Louis that you can think of

PLEASE NOTE – Sarai will no longer be making the challenge posts due to pressures of work and RL, so Josi and I will be posting fortnightly challenges from now on.

PLEASE SEND YOUR ENTRIES TO JOSIANE BY 5PM UK TIME ON FRIDAY 11TH MAY. Please remember to put your name on your artwork – thanks!

Comment

Can it also be a fictional character called Louis?

And can I lend a hand with the posts somehow? I have time as far as I know, just not always enough to do arts

Comment

Originally posted by Az'ryel View Post
          Can it also be a fictional character called Louis?
          Absolutely - any Louis you like

And can I lend a hand with the posts somehow? I have time as far as I know, just not always enough to do arts
          Thanks for the offer - we'll see how it goes and let you know if we need more help

Comment

Alight, if that is also allowed I may have an idea

Comment

Fortnightly challenges might actually be a good idea, as things have been rather slow lately.
              sigpic

Comment

That's what we thought It will also give more time for the busy ones amongst us to make something rather than miss the challenge completely

Comment

It's not a bad idea at all no, I've been trying to convince a friend of mine to take part in the challenges but they are quite busy though having two weeks might appeal more to them

Comment

I'm glad to see that the change is not proving to be unpopular

Comment

I hope like that there will be more people active for challenges again, it is more fun to see more arts

Comment

Louis, you say? Well, what else was a Muskies fan going to do...

sigpic
                        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

I was hoping ther challenges could get moved to every two weeks to give more time to make stuff

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                          "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                          "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Glad to see the switch to fortnightly posting is meeting with general approval! Thanks everyone for understanding that we need to drop the frequency of challenges
                            sigpic

Comment

So here is the sketch of my entry for the new challenge

My version of Anne Rice' character Louis de Pointe du Lac, as his look is described in the books

I have to clean my scanner though...oops

And nice entries, Josi
                              Last edited by DarkenLycht; 29 April 2018, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Lovely, Az’ryel! You can really see the character coming through there
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X