No announcement yet.

Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what beautiful arties everwhere: Scully, Maneth and DJ welcome back!

*waves at the others*

Here is my entry

from this tutorial by paynetrain/marioantonio23 @DA
    sigpic
    Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
    Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
      what beautiful arties everwhere: Scully, Maneth and DJ welcome back!

*waves at the others*

Here is my entry

http://cdn.nickpic.host/images/xjTqY.jpg

from this tutorial by paynetrain/marioantonio23 @DA
      That looks fantastic! Might have to give that tut a go!
      sigpic
      Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by DJgirl View Post
        That looks fantastic! Might have to give that tut a go!
        Thank you. Mario always has the coolest tuts...

If you want the fonts

Alien league gradient

and

tamoro script, They're not in the tut provided .
        sigpic
        Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
        Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

DJ, how do you blend the layers? Are you using Photoshop?

Nice work, Jaded. Superb layout and balance. The wet-paper effect looks cool.

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
            Thank you. Mario always has the coolest tuts...

If you want the fonts

Alien league gradient

and

tamoro script, They're not in the tut provided .
            Thanks Jaded!

Originally posted by Science View Post
            DJ, how do you blend the layers? Are you using Photoshop?

Nice work, Jaded. Superb layout and balance. The wet-paper effect looks cool.
            Yes I use Photoshop and, in this instance, I just put the stocks on top of each other then use like an overlay, or soft light, or screen, depending on what look I'm going for.
            sigpic
            Sig made by me

Comment

*Has made star wars related art again*

http://fav.me/da5591y

All spelling messups are intentional

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
              "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
              "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

I finished the Stargate phone wallpaper:
                staregate_phone_03.jpg

@Princess Awinita
                What are you designing/rendering your models in? Poser?
                The 'hologram' panels you did in GIMP are awesome!
                Last edited by Science; 05 June 2016, 04:57 PM.

Comment

@Princess Awinita
                  Spoiler:
                  Spoiler:
                  Oh man I wish I had poser sometimes! Hell even Zbrush, but alas I do not have the monies to support such ventures in character designs. So, for the character artwork that appears to be modeled in a software like Poser, Blender, or Zbrush, its actually screenshots, at least, most of them, from Star Wars The Old Republic MMO I play.

I use the latest version of GIMP whenver I can update it to make all my artworks. But lately the models in the artworks are direct from the game, and also friends within the game sending me shots of their characters. At this particular moment I got five characters on my plate to finish, At least not including two of my three Imperials {Vinh and Sonyjae now finished} and three of my countless Jedi {not including Snowbund}

Its funny that the hologram panels I've made were completely experiemental designs I wanted to try my hand at in the first place to see if it could work. I think what I should do though is get some inhome shots, possibly my parents place, or at a set location, then edit in the holograms there, maybe try on my own bedroom doors too, not sure on that yet.

But yes, all my character models like Sonyjae's sheet are direct screenshots from The Old Republic MMO, I will occasionally put a screenshot up, Thankfully Lucasfilm and Bioware, along with EA approve of fans taking screenshots of their characters and favorite locations to use elsewhere. So that cantina layout you found is really actually Anchorhead Cantina from TOR.

The actual character sheet was made by a friend named Redviolett on DA.

But yeah that might be my secret....

But sometimes I honestly wish I had Zbrush, but the costs outweigh my benefit. I mean I cant even get myself a full copy of Photoshop {399USD!!}, but then GIMP has everything I require anyhow so I will stick with what I am more used to

I'm really glad you like it

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

So good to see the thread busy again

Lovely stuff JW. DJgirl and Science

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                    Wow Science, that's impressive!

And those are beautiful, DJGirl

A just-because one from me - more Hamilton meets the Musketeers (and a piece without Aramis in it )

You know what I'm going to say don't you? Tut please! Love the colouring and your choice of pics is perfect

Comment

Sure This one's actually really simple...

Spoiler:

1. Open a new canvas and place your pictures on it. I wanted to blend in the bottom picture of the pikemen, so I used the eye-dropper to select the colour of the sky in that picture and then filled the background with that same colour, before using a layer mask to blend in the edges of the pic. The other three pics I just resized and positioned.

2. Add the text - font is Blue Highway. It's not very visible on the plain background, so add a new layer underneath and paint a big blurry smudge underneath in a nice dark colour - selected from the upper pics. Reduce the opacity of this layer to 50% - you don't want it to be visible itself, just to be there to make the text 'pop'. Also, make sure that this layer is also underneath your three pics in the 'banner' so the smudgy dark bit doesn't get onto them!

3. Next add this texture on top of everything, set to hard light.

4. I really liked the effect but the colouring was a bit harsher than I really wanted, especially the yellows, so I added a selective colour layer to take some of that out of it - settings as follows:
                      - Yellows: C+26, M+3, Y-36, B0
                      - Greens: C0, M0, Y-25, B0
                      - Cyans: C-78, M+30, Y0, B0
                      - Blacks: C0, M0, Y0, B+7

5. It was a touch dark around the edges, so I made a stamp, set the stamp to screen, and then used a layer mask to erase most of the middle - effectively just leaving the screen part at the edges to brighten there.

6. Finally, make a stamp of the whole thing and sharpen, et voila!
                      sigpic
                      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Here is a larger, flat render of the Stargate:
                          stargate_007.jpg
                          Feel free to use it however you wish. No need to ask for permission, give credit, or anything like that.

And for fun I threw this together too:
                          stargate_008.jpg

@Princess Awinita
                          Ah. I see. I'm decent at making objects and environments, but I'm no good at character modeling. I was hoping you were using Poser so we could do some artwork together.

Comment

I finished the Stargate phone wallpaper:

@Princess Awinita
                            LOVE It!!

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                            Sure This one's actually really simple...

Spoiler:

1. Open a new canvas and place your pictures on it. I wanted to blend in the bottom picture of the pikemen, so I used the eye-dropper to select the colour of the sky in that picture and then filled the background with that same colour, before using a layer mask to blend in the edges of the pic. The other three pics I just resized and positioned.

2. Add the text - font is Blue Highway. It's not very visible on the plain background, so add a new layer underneath and paint a big blurry smudge underneath in a nice dark colour - selected from the upper pics. Reduce the opacity of this layer to 50% - you don't want it to be visible itself, just to be there to make the text 'pop'. Also, make sure that this layer is also underneath your three pics in the 'banner' so the smudgy dark bit doesn't get onto them!

3. Next add this texture on top of everything, set to hard light.

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm88/timepresent/th_17511-1366x768-2.jpg

4. I really liked the effect but the colouring was a bit harsher than I really wanted, especially the yellows, so I added a selective colour layer to take some of that out of it - settings as follows:
                            - Yellows: C+26, M+3, Y-36, B0
                            - Greens: C0, M0, Y-25, B0
                            - Cyans: C-78, M+30, Y0, B0
                            - Blacks: C0, M0, Y0, B+7

5. It was a touch dark around the edges, so I made a stamp, set the stamp to screen, and then used a layer mask to erase most of the middle - effectively just leaving the screen part at the edges to brighten there.

6. Finally, make a stamp of the whole thing and sharpen, et voila!
                            Can't wait to try this out. Might not have time until the weekend but looks fun.
                            Last edited by DJgirl; 08 June 2016, 02:22 PM.
                            sigpic
                            Sig made by me

Comment

@Princess Awinita
                              Ah. I see. I'm decent at making objects and environments, but I'm no good at character modeling. I was hoping you were using Poser so we could do some artwork together.
                              Yeah I sometimes wish I had the computer that can handle ZBrush {or even the WETA Workshop sold software known as Massive!} to make some character models and the like, some of the videos I have seen are insane!

Anyhow I bring to everyone TWO MORE art pieces, both star wars related and made within minutes of each other!

First off, Awinita Oduress! Jedi Master and Mother! http://fav.me/da5eftp

And also the whole person behind the ancient and in many cases respected and feared legacy of Clan Sunrider, Deiyi! http://fav.me/da5egue

Comment

I've been reading this thread about a hundred pages per day for the past few days. It's been fun rediscovering old favorites.

Amazing to think that this thread will celebrate its 5th anniversary in August...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X