Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you

I've had a lovely day, spent with my little Goddaughter and her mum - and my little charges were positively angelic

Comment

*blushes* Thanks girls Glad you like them, Jumble!

Lovely work Britta and lg! (Plus, yay for new lg art! I miss your stuff!)
      sigpic
      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
        *blushes* Thanks girls Glad you like them, Jumble!

Lovely work Britta and lg! (Plus, yay for new lg art! I miss your stuff!)
        *blush*

Thank you. It's been a difficult year this past year, and we still have some struggles.

Spoiler:
        Six months after losing my father-in-law to lung cancer, my brother's mother-in-law was diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor. She died 31 days later.

As a result, the only thing creatively that I've done outside of knitting is writing, and that ended up in a story nearly 120k words and was pretty draining. It's nice to have new art.

Comment

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
          *blush*

Thank you. It's been a difficult year this past year, and we still have some struggles.

Spoiler:
          Six months after losing my father-in-law to lung cancer, my brother's mother-in-law was diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor. She died 31 days later.

As a result, the only thing creatively that I've done outside of knitting is writing, and that ended up in a story nearly 120k words and was pretty draining. It's nice to have new art.
          I'm so sorry to hear that. How awful Big hugs to you and your family.

And new art is always nice
          sigpic
          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

I've been playing around with Photoshop (up until now I've been using GIMP) and I've finally started to get the hang of it. I made these today.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
              New pretties. Felt like a bit of artwork today after publishing a new story.

[IMG]http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p545/micah7eight/XMen/lgXavier-Help-Icon.jpg~original[/]

[IMG]http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p545/micah7eight/XMen/lgXavier-Help-Sig.jpg~original[/]

Beautiful LG, love James McAvoy So sorry to hear of your losses, sending positive thoughts to you and yours.

Well done Britta, looks like you're getting the hang of layer blending modes

And finally, Josi...those Athos pressies are stunning, almost makes me want to defect from Porthos...I said almost

Comment

*shields Athos*

You just go look after Porthos Sarai - Athos's heart is far too delicate to be played with by you young 'uns. He needs an experienced hand
                Last edited by Jumble; 10 August 2015, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Thanks Sarai. It really seems to have opened up a whole new world of editing.
                  Just going to drop these off. Inspiration struck and I was quite pleased with the result.

Comment

Happy Birthday Jumble!

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                      I'm so sorry to hear that. How awful Big hugs to you and your family.

And new art is always nice
                      It is! Especially when the muse starts behaving again.....I've already got an original novel in mind, and I'm hoping for some more new art...maybe even to try a tutorial this week.

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                      Beautiful LG, love James McAvoy So sorry to hear of your losses, sending positive thoughts to you and yours.
                      Thank you, both, for your condolences. It's been a very hard year for my family, but there has been good things, too.

Spoiler:
                      My brother was told a year ago that he had 1-3 years to live. Now, after more tests, the doctors have discovered that, while he is sick, he has at least 20 years left!!! He's my younger brother, so you can imagine the weight that slipped off of my shoulders.

We paid off one car and bought another.

And my husband got promoted this year, too.

So, to balance out bad news, we also had a lot of good news, too.

Comment

Great to see you back again.

I'm sorry to hear things have been so tough for you. Thanks for sharing your news, both the good and the bad.

My PS stopped working a while ago and I haven't come to terms with GIMP yet, so it's been ages since I made any art...
                        sigpic

Comment

Mane - did you try resetting PS to factory specs? It fixes almost everything!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                            Happy Birthday Jumble!
                            Thank you

*sends hugs and happy vibes to lg* Glad to hear that you had good stuff as well as bad

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                              Mane - did you try resetting PS to factory specs? It fixes almost everything!
                              Yeah, I did but it didn't help...
                              sigpic

Comment

Well I'm definitely a Photoshop convert.

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X