Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maneth View Post
    Challenge entry, not quite what I had in mind originally:
    Click for bigger, the base is transparent, so big file...
    Lovely, maneth! And you have my city in there too!!

Comment

Yay!
      sigpic

Comment

The Jelbot's ship

I don't need the inside of the ship yet.. so I've only built the outside.. Just have to texture it..

http://fav.me/d6j8ylr

Last edited by Pharaoh Hamenthotep; 22 August 2013, 09:42 AM.

Comment

hello all! i'm back!! had a lovely trip.... manged to navigate london using nothing but a tube map and street signs.... and good thing i was navigating... if my dad was, we'd have gotten lost every five minutes...
          I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
          sigpic

Comment

I remember the first time I had to use the London Underground on my own.. was a scary time.. trains underground.. madness..

But what I really want to know is.. the new tunnels are deeper underground than the old ones.. so how do they get the trains in?

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
              I remember the first time I had to use the London Underground on my own.. was a scary time.. trains underground.. madness..

But what I really want to know is.. the new tunnels are deeper underground than the old ones.. so how do they get the trains in?
              I think the trains are built underground - but don't quote me

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                I think the trains are built underground - but don't quote me
                They also had trouble with my accent/dialect.. I really wasn't expecting a language barrier without leaving the country..

Comment

i saw plenty of spots where the tube wasn't underground at all... not to mention there's the whole london overground.... maybe the trains are built onto these open bits and then driven underground
                  I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
                  sigpic

Comment

There are some interesting answers here I still think that way back when the underground was first started they did build the trains underground - I heard it somewhere, like you do

Comment

They also had trouble with my accent/dialect.. I really wasn't expecting a language barrier without leaving the country..
                      The weird thing about my voice is when I go to Florida or some other state like Ohio, they ask if I'm from Texas. In Texas, they ask if I'm from Florida. In Texas, I've also been asked if I was from Kansas, Pennsylvania, Montana and if I was a Menonite.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyBoyFanGirl View Post
                        The weird thing about my voice is when I go to Florida or some other state like Ohio, they ask if I'm from Texas. In Texas, they ask if I'm from Florida. In Texas, I've also been asked if I was from Kansas, Pennsylvania, Montana and if I was a Menonite.
                        You must sound exotic! Weirder is a friend of my sister who went to the U.S. and she was told her accent sounded like she was from Boston... I wonder what I would sound like to you guys who are native speakers.

I have this question:

I was trying to add a gif to a piece, and although it is saved as a gif, when I open it in PS 2, I am only able to see one layer and not the multiple layers I was supposed to see.
                        That layer is locked. Is there something I can do about it or should I give up and use something else?
                        The still image works in the global set but I was trying to use gifs ( and respect the tutorial I was using...).
                        sigpic
                        Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                        Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

The Jelbot's ship

Now all rusted and rendered with the Cycles renderer

Comment

The Jelbot's ship

Now all rusted and rendered with the Cycles renderer
                            I really like the rusted parts. Great job with the textures
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
                              You must sound exotic! Weirder is a friend of my sister who went to the U.S. and she was told her accent sounded like she was from Boston... I wonder what I would sound like to you guys who are native speakers.
                              I always get asked if I'm Australian when I'm in the US. Also, more weirdly, Americans never understand me if I ask for coke. I've stopped ordering it completely because it's just not worth the long increasingly embarrassing attempt to explain that all I wanted was a coca-cola

Welcome back Lilith, glad you had fun in London
                              sigpic
                              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                                I always get asked if I'm Australian when I'm in the US. Also, more weirdly, Americans never understand me if I ask for coke. I've stopped ordering it completely because it's just not worth the long increasingly embarrassing attempt to explain that all I wanted was a coca-cola

Welcome back Lilith, glad you had fun in London
                                It's amazing how a common language can divide us. When I dealing with Brazilains who are recently in Porugal, I have to repeat patiently whatever I'm saying because they do not understand us, although we are able to understand them ( except if they come from certain inner Brazilian states, which have a very particular accent and understanding them becomes a bit trickier but not impossible.)

Wow Lilith, I'm not sure if I'd be able to navigate London Underground on my own. So kudos to you!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X