Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lovely stuff everyone.

Um...Who are we sending challenge entries to this week? My comp is acting up and I haven't been able to find the post saying who to send to. Plus, comp apparently has decided that both the usb mouse and the one on the laptop are silly inventions, because they are only working every once in a while...
    sigpic
    Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Thanks for the tut Josi

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post

It's the new head for the updated character model for this animation:

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee230/pharaoh_hamenthotep/Mwhahaha/th_newmachineone.jpg?t=1335562234

The old model is the same as the first human model I ever made... so not very good since I didn't really know what I was doing back then. I'll have to redo the animation once I make the new body.. but it's not that hard to do really Once I built the female head mesh all I had to do was put the male head template into the background image and move the polys to match the shape Nothing was added or taken away..
      I love it! I'm trying the DAZ Studio but you have to buy preset stuff
      I made this character

and it's not easy .... that is why I love what you're doing
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
        Lovely stuff everyone.

Um...Who are we sending challenge entries to this week? My comp is acting up and I haven't been able to find the post saying who to send to. Plus, comp apparently has decided that both the usb mouse and the one on the laptop are silly inventions, because they are only working every once in a while...
        It's me this week. You can always find the challenge posts on our delicious page at http://delicious.com/artworkforall/challenges - the latest challenge should always be at the top of the list and it will say who to PM entries to And if you lose the link to the delicious page, it's linked to in the first post on the thread.
        sigpic
        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by syfyfan View Post
          Thanks for the tut Josi

I love it! I'm trying the DAZ Studio but you have to buy preset stuff
          I made this character

and it's not easy .... that is why I love what you're doing

I use Blender.. it only has a few premade shapes.. cube, circle, sphere, cylinder.. monkey head.. just the basics

My chase scene animation:

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
            It's me this week. You can always find the challenge posts on our delicious page at http://delicious.com/artworkforall/challenges - the latest challenge should always be at the top of the list and it will say who to PM entries to And if you lose the link to the delicious page, it's linked to in the first post on the thread.
            I thought it was you, but I wasn't sure. And I know the link is there, but with my mouse(s) acting up, it makes it a bit hard to go to different pages...It took me three tries just to get it to hit "reply with quote" on your post.
            sigpic

Comment

I use Blender.. it only has a few premade shapes.. cube, circle, sphere, cylinder.. monkey head.. just the basics
              Nice!! I downloaded Blender but it will take me long way to understand
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by syfyfan View Post
                Nice!! I downloaded Blender but it will take me long way to understand
                It does look scary at first.. but it's not so hard once you get used to it

*useful guide*

Comment

I spent a day or two on it - I'm saving going back to it until this summer when I can concentrate. I'm still learning Photoshop! Heck, just yesterday I actually *got* working with the burn and dodge tools...
                  sigpic

Comment

It does look scary at first.. but it's not so hard once you get used to it

*useful guide*
                    Thanks! RL have to give time for it

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                    I spent a day or two on it - I'm saving going back to it until this summer when I can concentrate. I'm still learning Photoshop! Heck, just yesterday I actually *got* working with the burn and dodge tools...
                    I know... I learned that one two and learned colorization last week
                    sigpic

Comment

Someone said Star Trek TOS and Kirk and my muse woke up.

New artwork to share:

and because I can't wait for tomorrow's episode

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Estrela View Post
                        Someone said Star Trek TOS and Kirk and my muse woke up.

New artwork to share:

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/o...neous/Kirk.jpg

and because I can't wait for tomorrow's episode

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/o...nd-Beckett.jpg
                        Both are nice, but I love the Castle one. I'm with you, soooo excited to the next episode!! I've watched every clip and preview I can find, and I'm counting down the seconds. It actually makes me kind of glad I have to stay in town for my final on Tuesday, just so I'm not on the road when Castle is on lol.

What textures or stocks did you use? I like the simplicity of it. And is that an oil painting effect you used, or something else? It makes it look dreamy and soft.
                        sigpic

Comment

Thank you.
                          It's a bazillion layers of futzing. I started it last week and gave up on it today. I can't even remember the steps I used. Sorry.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                            It took me a few days to learn the basics... but a lot longer to really get comfortable using Blender..

^ This is one of the Barbot's body textures (scaled down for posting here) ... It took a lot of testing and rotating of the layers to get everything in the right place and the right way round..

Comment

great arties everyone
                              and did anyone notice we're at
                              500 PAGES!!!!!! YAY!
                              sigpic
                              Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                                Aw, Kavan's birthday is getting well celebrated

LTC, you need to remove all the img tags from where you've quoted lg's tutorial.
                                i would but the post is gone
                                sigpic
                                Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Working...
                                X