No announcement yet.

Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, Hyn... and that is a wonderful way to display and tie in all the icons
    sigpic

Comment

Challenge Week 24

Hush

'Hush' means no text allowed, so make a piece of art with absolutely no text!!

Josiane

Ladygris

Loserinc

Nolamom

Rocket Scientist

Continued…….

Comment

ShaViva

Stargate78Fan

Syfyfan

Yamiinsane

TUTORIAL WEEK 7

This week is a Tutorial Week. For the first week every month, we don’t issue a challenge, but instead want to encourage thread participants to share their expertise and try something new, using tutorials.

This is how it works:

1. Share a tutorial: Write a tutorial for a piece of art you have made recently, or post a piece of art you have made with the link to the tutorial you followed when you made it.

2. Follow a tutorial: Use one (or more) of the tutorials that other thread members have shared during the week to make a piece of art of your own.

The idea is that we should both teach something and learn something throughout the week It’s not obligatory to do both, if you’re limited for time, but we’d like to encourage you to please both share and follow at least one tutorial if at all possible.

At the end of the week we will post all the tutorials along with any art made following each tutorial, so that we can see all the different interpretations all together.

Please PM your entries
        (both your original tutorial and any art you make following a tutorial this week) to Josiane

FAQs:
        Spoiler:
        - What if I don’t feel I have enough expertise to write a tutorial? Or I’m only a beginner, what can I teach anyone?
        Everyone, no matter how long you’ve been artworking or what program you use, will know something that someone else doesn’t. There will be one function you’ve tried that other people haven’t even looked at, or one button you’ve pressed that no-one else has. And even if not, one of the most interesting things about tutorials is seeing how other people have done things. Of course, if you’re really a newbie at this, and haven’t made anything much at all yet, then don’t feel put off from participating just because you don’t have a tutorial to share. Try some of the tutorials other people share, and you never know, next month you might be able to write one of your own

- I’ve never written a tutorial before and don’t really know how. Any tips?
        There’s no set way to write a tutorial. It can be as long or short as you like, complicated or straightforward, serious or light-hearted. If you’re not sure where to start, open up the .PSD or .XCF file (or equivalent) and then work your way through the layers - that’s usually a good way to remind yourself what you did at each point, even if when you did it originally you were just fiddling until you got something you like! And if all else fails and you have to just gloss over a step and say you’re not really sure quite how you did something at one point, don’t worry about it! There’ll be plenty of useful stuff in the rest of the tut regardless! If you’re still uncertain, wait a few days and get some tips from the tutorials other people share. Or just share a tutorial you followed that was written by someone else

- Do I have to follow a tutorial exactly, or can I use it as a starting point and then go my own way?
        To meet the criteria for the challenge of the tutorial week, your art must have come from a tutorial posted during the week, but whether you follow the tutorial to the letter, or adapt it and go off on a tangent is entirely up to you!

- Anything else?
        When writing your tutorial, please include links to any textures/brushes you use, and specify which program you are writing the tutorial for, so that if anyone is using a different program they are aware that they may need to adapt it as they go along.

If you’re still uncertain, or have any other questions, please feel free to ask!

Last edited by Jumble; 06 April 2012, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Gorgeous artwork!

And yay! Tut weeks are always one of my favorites!

Comment

What lg said

And the first thing I'm going to do is request tuts from Josi and Sha for their Hush sigs

Comment

Lovely challenge entries everyone

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
              What lg said

And the first thing I'm going to do is request tuts from Josi and Sha for their Hush sigs
              Okie dokie. Will see what I can do
              sigpic
              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Wonderful artwork collection for "Hush" week.
                sigpic

Comment

Awesome entries for the hush challenge

Created this with lg's tut:

sigpic
                  Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Oh, my goodness, yamii! It looks great!

What font did you use for "Teyla"?

Comment

Thanks lg

The font is Beyond Wonderland.
                      sigpic
                      Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

You're welcome. And thanks for the link.

Comment

You're welcome
                          sigpic
                          Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

That's lovely Yami - I feel my mojo stirring

Comment

Once again a lovely Friday to come home to...

Tut week already? Wow, time flies when you're having fun!
                              sigpic

Comment

very pretty Yami
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X