Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
    Problem with text in PS solved. Delete entire preferences file (windows search *.psd file - named Adobe Photoshop Preferences) reopen program and it works. However, the file created when the glitch was happening will not allow typing - period. It works now on new files and on other files previously created. So, just the Babylon 5 banner seems to be screwed up but not everything else. Phew!
    That's a relief! Well done

For anyone else that may have this problem in the future (text in Photoshop not visible):
    1. make sure your font color hasn't changed to the same as the backgound color.
    2. make sure the font size is viewable (neither too small or too large i.e. 2pt/2400pt)
    3. make sure the dpi is correct (300 per inch)
    4. restart the program while holding down CTRL + ALT + SHIFT, click yes delete settings
    5. do computer search for preferences file (*.psd) and delete it

One of the above fixes should correct the problem. Hope no one else here has to go through the same frustration I have been going through!
    Ah, now you say it I'm pretty sure that was the problem I had waaaaay back when I first got PS. I'd actually forgotten that I even had the problem I've also had the one where the font colour was invisible, but I deal with that one automatically now

Edit: NormaN - you need to remove the img tags where you've quoted Mr's tuxture post

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      I woodn't call that uninspired Mr, it's lovely Maybe we should have a texture challenge

The file name is perfect, thank you

Lovely blue eyes there NormaN
      I'd be banned for spamming the thread if we did that

And thanks NormaN, don't think I've got that one
      sigpic
      Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post

Yes, but just think how many lovely new textures I'd have to add to my collection

Thank you NormaN

Comment

That's a relief! Well done

Ah, now you say it I'm pretty sure that was the problem I had waaaaay back when I first got PS. I'd actually forgotten that I even had the problem I've also had the one where the font colour was invisible, but I deal with that one automatically now

Edit: NormaN - you need to remove the img tags where you've quoted Mr's tuxture post
          My bad I forgot about that llbeen a while since I was in GW

Strange, I don't remember downloading any fonts since I reformatted my laptop
          Last edited by NormaN; 29 October 2011, 02:12 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NormaN View Post
            My bad I forgot about that llbeen a while since I was in Gwen
            No worries, happens to us all

Strange, I don't remember downloading any fonts since I reformatted my laptop
            I didn't have that font either, but I do now

Comment

Love the Samantha Banner, NormaN.

So glad you got it solved, Nola!
              sigpic

Comment

No worries, happens to us all

I didn't have that font either, but I do now
                Me too

Something a little more muted colour-wise this time - really should get back to this weeks challenge at some point this weekend!!

sigpic

Comment

Fantastic work Norma, Jumble, Maneth, Bay, XFchemist, Kitten and Nola

Mr love the textures *snurched it*

Thanks Kitten

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                  Problem with text in PS solved. Delete entire preferences file (windows search *.psd file - named Adobe Photoshop Preferences) reopen program and it works. However, the file created when the glitch was happening will not allow typing - period. It works now on new files and on other files previously created. So, just the Babylon 5 banner seems to be screwed up but not everything else. Phew!

For anyone else that may have this problem in the future (text in Photoshop not visible):
                  1. make sure your font color hasn't changed to the same as the backgound color.
                  2. make sure the font size is viewable (neither too small or too large i.e. 2pt/2400pt)
                  3. make sure the dpi is correct (300 per inch)
                  4. restart the program while holding down CTRL + ALT + SHIFT, click yes delete settings
                  5. do computer search for preferences file (*.psd) and delete it

One of the above fixes should correct the problem. Hope no one else here has to go through the same frustration I have been going through!
                  I'm glad you got it solved the problem! And thanks, now I know
                  sigpic

Comment

On a roll tonight Made something for the challenge as well (Even used one of my Textures too )

Edit : Thanks Sy And snurch away, that's what they are there for
                    sigpic

Comment

Love it Mr, Rodney and Sheppard is a great friendship.
                      sigpic

Comment

Love all the artworks! Haven't posted in here much, but tried to green when I could.

Made a wallpaper from this AT picture I saw the other day. Had to keep it simple because the picture by itself, IMHO is already gorgeous.

sigpic

Comment

Nolamom Regarding your problem with not being able to add text in PS, in addition to the dpi, take a look at the resolution size of your image. (I have PS CS2 and the commands to check this are Image->Image Size)

If your resolution is really small, then you'd have to be using a huge pixel sized font for it to show up. To correct the problem, create a new blank sig and copy your old one into it. Then add your text on a new layer.

Jann - Love the wp. Care to share where you found that gorgeous pic of AT?
                          sigpic

Comment

On a roll tonight Made something for the challenge as well (Even used one of my Textures too )

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l547/OCD_32/Artwork/th_MRmcshepfriend.jpg

Edit : Thanks Sy And snurch away, that's what they are there for
                            I love it Mr!

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                            Love all the artworks! Haven't posted in here much, but tried to green when I could.

Made a wallpaper from this AT picture I saw the other day. Had to keep it simple because the picture by itself, IMHO is already gorgeous.

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i393/starlover1990/th_wallatpromo.jpg
                            I saw the pic another day and I love it! Very cool wallie!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Estrela View Post
                              Nolamom Regarding your problem with not being able to add text in PS, in addition to the dpi, take a look at the resolution size of your image. (I have PS CS2 and the commands to check this are Image->Image Size)

If your resolution is really small, then you'd have to be using a huge pixel sized font for it to show up. To correct the problem, create a new blank sig and copy your old one into it. Then add your text on a new layer.
                              I had tried that - thanks. I did find the solution. According to several places I found online, PS has a bit of a habit glitching up in strange ways. The final solution for my problem turned out to be deleting the preferences file. Lord knows I had tried just about every other possibility known to man...
                              sigpic

Comment

Beautiful AT art, starlover
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X