No announcement yet.

Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With Photo Commander I've a screencapping feature but the results are horrible so I went back to making them on my own. Just what you proofed with the sig, Cag, I've control about what caps are coming through and which ones doesn't make it. And compliments like "you capture the expressions perfectly" always makes me smile. For now, I'm through an 42-m-episode in ... phew ... 4 - 5 hours - and I make a lot of breaks during this time.
    So, yes, it also depends on the program not only on the source. I think this rumour I was talking about is because it's also still a saying that Gimp would somehow manage to have a better quality - don't know. As I've said, I never had the chance to use PS and I don't think I will ever have ... *thinks about the price* ... nope, not in this life

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
    Sig & Avi by Josi
    sigpic
    LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
    I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Hey ho Artlers!

Turns out that Adobe wasn't intending to give away PS - there was an error and miscommunication and they have now taken down the link. If you got it yesterday, you got lucky.
      sigpic

Comment

I was happy for the mistake.

Speaking of CS2, I'm doing a tut that calls for Vibrance. But I can't find it anywhere. Any ideas?

Comment

Image>Adjustments>Vibrance
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
            Image>Adjustments>Vibrance
            I tried that and didn't see it.

Just double checked, and it's not there.

Comment

may not be in the earlier version You should be able to achieve a very similar effect by using hue towards red and increase saturation
              sigpic

Comment

may not be in the earlier version You should be able to achieve a very similar effect by using hue towards red and increase saturation
                Okay. That's what I needed. Thanks!

Comment

original

Vibrance

hue/saturation
                  sigpic

Comment

Okay, that does help me understand what Vibrance does. Thanks!

Comment

no problem - play around with the settings - vibrance seems to be mostly an intensification of a couple of channels. I always notice the reds being hotter. But it could be the blue too. Also, there seems to be a tiny bit more contrast.
                      sigpic

Comment

no problem - play around with the settings - vibrance seems to be mostly an intensification of a couple of channels. I always notice the reds being hotter. But it could be the blue too. Also, there seems to be a tiny bit more contrast.
                        Basically, I'm working with some icons--since my muse wanted to do icons. But I'm messing around with various colorings on SP to see what I can do. The one that called for Vibrance didn't work out for my image.....But I found one that did.

Comment

So, used two different tuts to make these two icon sets. Put them together in Gimp, and did the coloring in PS.

From this tut but with the coloring from this tut.....

The original coloring.....

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

If you're talking screenprinting and pasting then I can't see how there can be any variation between GIMP and PS, since the quality of the original image would come from the screen print and not the programme you're using to edit it into. Unless I am missing something obvious.
                            There isn't any difference - PRTSC makes the screencap, Gimp and PS just give you somewhere to paste and edit it Works in Paint as well I think.

Comment

Another fun thing with PS is Actions. There are a few pre-loaded actions and folks make new ones or you can make and record your own. Basically what they do is about 40 steps in photoprocessing in one-click. For example, you can take a portrait photo, click the vignette button (Window>Actions) and it does a lovely vignette effect. Other preloads include sepia toning, text reflections...all sorts of things.
                              Actions are great, I use them almost constantly at work! Another thing that you might find useful is something called Batch Processing. Say you want to add your chosen action to multiple shots at the same time (like a collection of photos you want to add a vignette to OR some arties you need to downsize to be suitable for GW ) go to File > Automate > Batch. Choose your action in the 'Play' box. In 'Source' choose the folder where your images are that you want to change. Then in 'Destination' choose the folder where you want your new files to be saved (another plus point - it saves new files rather than overriding the old ones so if you make any mistakes you still have the originals). Once all your settings are selected press 'Ok' and sit back and let PS do the work

One note I should make - especially if you are saving a set of arties for GW - make sure you add a 'Flatten' state into your action otherwise PS will pop up on each shot, asking you to flatten the layers to be able to save as a jpeg This will of course only apply to your new file, not the old one so your original won't be flattened!

Comment

Okay *sigh*, I just wanted to try out to work with a Tut. Unfortunately I choosed lg's awesome-WP-tut for my try out *sorry, lg!*.
                                So, I think now everyone knows why I better stay away from using Tuts:

Without Tut it feels more like me:

Last edited by Hyndara71; 10 January 2013, 05:14 AM.

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
                                Sig & Avi by Josi
                                sigpic
                                LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
                                I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X