• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DJ - you know I love your sigs.

Some wallies from challenges...

sigpic

Comment

Those are beautiful, Sy! I especially like the Solitary Man wallie.

Comment

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
        Those are beautiful, Sy! I especially like the Solitary Man wallie.
        Thanks lg.
        sigpic

Comment

A GOT one I did

all fullsize can be found in Deviant, link in sig
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by syfyfan View Post
            DJ - you know I love your sigs.

Some wallies from challenges...

<snip>
            Thanks, Sy! Your wallies are always amazing. I still love the Solitary man one.

Originally posted by loserinc View Post
            A GOT one I did

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...c-GOT-01sm.jpg

That turned out great, loserinc!

Here is my take on Estrela's tut...

and a tweak...
            Last edited by DJgirl; 03 August 2011, 06:30 PM.
            sigpic
            Sig made by me

Comment

very very cool DJ
              sigpic

Comment

very very cool DJ
                Thanks! Here is another version of the siggy. I just wanted to play around a bit...

Last edited by DJgirl; 03 August 2011, 04:11 PM.
                sigpic
                Sig made by me

Comment

Can I just say that there is just not enough green to give out? There's so much loviness on this thread already (and too much for me to multiquote right now.) Virtual green for everyone!

DJ you're making me smile. I love what you and Jumble have done with my little tut.

I guess I should post the sig that that tut is based on:

And, just for fun, one more recently made sig:
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Estrela View Post
                    Can I just say that there is just not enough green to give out? There's so much loviness on this thread already (and too much for me to multiquote right now.) Virtual green for everyone!

DJ you're making me smile. I love what you and Jumble have done with my little tut.

I guess I should post the sig that that tut is based on:
                    http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/o...4ja/MW/MW4.jpg

And, just for fun, one more recently made sig:
                    http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/o...ine-smile2.jpg
                    Thanks! I love the tut and actually have another idea on how I want to play with it but it will have to wait for another day.
                    sigpic
                    Sig made by me

Comment

Haven't had the time to catch up yet, but I'm looking forward to being in this thread. Awesome ideas. I personally stink at giving tuts, but I'll give it a try here and there. Looking forward to any GIMP tut as well.

Incredible art everyone!!!

Comment

I was asked by a few people to create a tutorial for this piece that I made:

Now, I am not good at tutorials, so PLEASE ask if you have any questions!! I will be more than happy to explain further, or point you in the direction of help. So, I re-made the banner and wrote down everything that I did. The result was slightly different, but I was excited that it came out as close as it did.

Program I Use: Photoshop CS4 (but it is translatable to earlier versions)

It is long and has a few images, but I made the images really low quality, so you shouldn't have a problem loading them.

Spoiler:
                        1. Create New Project (File > New) Dimensions: 160x690

2. Insert these images: One Two Three (File > Place) and resize

3. Select any one of the images and duplicate it (Ctr+J) With the duplicated image selected, go to Filter > Other > High Pass. Set the radius to 0.3px - OK - Change blending mode to Overlay. Select both layers (using Ctr) and got to Layers>Merge Layers - Do this for all three images.

4. Choose a dark color (like from Helen's jacket - #2a0815 - or John's jacket - #181528 - in the middle image). Change background to this color.

5. Download this action and apply it to the project (make sure that all the images get below the changes)

6. Apply Layer Mask to each image and use this set of brushes to soften the edges. If you have Elements, you do not have to option to do Layer Masks. However, you can still download the brushes and use them as an eraser to soften the edges. For the two outside images, I used cloud brush #887 @ 100px and for the middle larger image I used the name brush, but @ 200px.

7. Create a new layer beneath the images yet on top of the background. Using the same cloud brush, use the colors on the edges of the images to choose colors and blend them into the background.

Without the images, so you can see what I am doing:

8. Create a new layer on top of the images yet below the action. Using the same brush choose a lighter color and add some highlights that go around and over the images a little.

Without the images, so you can see what I mean:

9. Change the opacity of the two outside images so that the focus is on the middle image (Opacity 50% - if you have the option, I also changed the Fill to 70%)

End Result:

Of course, you can apply your own text. I used Jane Austen and Decker for fonts.
                        sigpic
                        || acrazyobsession on AO3 & Tumblr || My DeviantArt ||

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                          Haven't had the time to catch up yet, but I'm looking forward to being in this thread. Awesome ideas. I personally stink at giving tuts, but I'll give it a try here and there. Looking forward to any GIMP tut as well.

Incredible art everyone!!!
                          Yay, a fellow Gimp user! I'm not very good at tuts either.
                          sigpic

Comment

*Sneaks in*
                            I haven't been on gateworld for ages. But its lovely to see this new thread! (thanks for the invite, jumble )

I don't have anything to post at the moment, and probably not for the next couple of months (thanks to school) but hopefully I shall get some time to lurk.

Also, the tutorial list that I compiled for the tut thread is still up, here

And a quick question, by 'all art is welcome' do you mean all types of art in whatever medium (such as drawings and stuff?) And does it have to be fandom based?
                            Thankyou

Comment

*iz 1am*

*stares at thread*

OcO

Okay. Niiiicce.

*will be back with artwork tomorrow~*
                              Last edited by Valerie_Jackson; 03 August 2011, 10:47 PM. Reason: i should start actually reading stuff...
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                                Funny. After reading tuts, I still am clueless .
                                Tried a step by step tutorial in my own language... Didn't work.

But, because inspiration is a wonderful thing and to show lurking tut-blind noobs that boobling is an effective way of creating... something as well:

Booble. Just do it. It's like cooking. Throw in some salt, add water...
                                Yeah. That's my advise
                                Who needs tuts when you can produce such beautiful art all by yourself? Beautiful!

Originally posted by DJgirl View Post
                                Such amazing artwork from everyone so far!

Here are just a few of my latest. A couple other tuts can be found in the Tut thread. My latest obsession is True Blood and Alexander Skarsgard so that is what I have been mostly making lately.

Here is one and the tut to go with it.
                                http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q...ingtoBeBad.jpg
                                This is what I made from that tut...

Awesome!!

A GOT one I did

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...c-GOT-01sm.jpg

I LOVE that!!

Originally posted by DJgirl View Post
                                Thanks, Sy! Your wallies are always amazing. I still love the Solitary man one.

That turned out great, loserinc!

Here is my take on Estrela's tut...

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q...EricGrunge.jpg

and a tweak...
                                http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q...ricGrunge3.jpg
                                I love how many different styles are coming out of this one tut!

Originally posted by x_stargatergirl_x View Post
                                *Sneaks in*
                                I haven't been on gateworld for ages. But its lovely to see this new thread! (thanks for the invite, jumble )

I don't have anything to post at the moment, and probably not for the next couple of months (thanks to school) but hopefully I shall get some time to lurk.

Also, the tutorial list that I compiled for the tut thread is still up, here

And a quick question, by 'all art is welcome' do you mean all types of art in whatever medium (such as drawings and stuff?) And does it have to be fandom based?
                                Thankyou
                                Welcome! So glad you managed to come by and see us

When we say 'all art is welcome' that's exactly what we mean All types, all mediums, and it doesn't have to be fandom based - you can show us anything you like

Comment

Working...
                                X