No announcement yet.

Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonderful icons RiG, love the b&W one. The taillights for read is a great shot and icon as well.
    sigpic

Comment

Loving all the icon sets, they are sooooo creative! I'd forgotten how much I love the rounded corners effect on pics (sorry, can't for the life of me remember who made them ), and the baby ones made me a squishy heap of Awwwww!

I've spent the last hour trawling through tuts for the path tool in PS - and not found what I was looking for That may be because I'm trying to do it they way I did in Gimp and I'm getting a mental block

Can anyone help with a link or a tut of drawing wavy lines? I've managed to make the path, I just can't figure out how to stroke along it I know it's going to be really simple and I'll kick myself
      sigpic

Comment

Love those RIG. Your first Red is easily my fave, made me smile, they need posting in the Jensen thunk thread as well.
        sigpic

Comment

Oma you need to make a selection of the path. To do this, correct me if I'm wrong, but you have to have a closed path. It can't just be a path that starts on one side and goes to the other if you see what I mean - it has to be a square, or a rectangle or whatever as long as it's closed. If I'm doing a stroke I tend to use the selection tool to draw where I want the stroke and then go to Edit > Stroke, rather than using paths. Hope that helps

EDIT: If you do choose to do it with a path, draw your curvy line coming off the edge of the document then draw around the outside to the other side. You can then make a selection in the paths palette by selecting the path and choosing "Make selection" from the little arrow drop down menu in the top left. Or hold CTRL and hover over the path then click to make a selection

Comment

Beautiful entries everyone!
            Sorry, but I think that I won't find the time to play with PS this week. I'm vidding and the editing needs a lotttt of time and patience
            sigpic
            My vids Sig made by me

Comment

To everyone: I love them all!

Nik: Thanks! And please call me Yamii
              sigpic
              Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Here's my 7in7, from Stardust:

sigpic
                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Oma - you should be able to use the pen tool for creating curved lines. Before you draw though, select an appropriate brush for painting over your drawn line. Switch back to the pen tool and make sure that that paths button is selected before you start drawing. (Sorry I'm not in front of PS right now. It's one of the options at the top of the screen). After you've created your curvy lines, you should be able to hover over your curved line and right click with your mouse and choose stroke path (or some such verbage) to paint over your curve. Playing with your brush options changes what you stroke over your drawn lines. I hope that's enough to help. If not, use google to look for tutorials on stroking a path in Photoshop.
                  sigpic

Comment

Here's a set of Tricia Helfer from Battlestar, kinda felt compelled to do these after seeing all the great battlestar art from maneth.

-------Red -------------Hands --------Neg Space -------Tiny Text

------Frame-----Black and White------Embrace

Last edited by IcarusAbides; 25 August 2011, 08:17 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

josiane - not familiar with Stardust, but I love the frame and hands.

Icarus - great set, love her hand grazing the wall.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Estrela View Post
                        Oma - you should be able to use the pen tool for creating curved lines. Before you draw though, select an appropriate brush for painting over your drawn line. Switch back to the pen tool and make sure that that paths button is selected before you start drawing. (Sorry I'm not in front of PS right now. It's one of the options at the top of the screen). After you've created your curvy lines, you should be able to hover over your curved line and right click with your mouse and choose stroke path (or some such verbage) to paint over your curve. Playing with your brush options changes what you stroke over your drawn lines. I hope that's enough to help. If not, use google to look for tutorials on stroking a path in Photoshop.
                        There you go Oma, a much better solution to the problem!! PS does tend to have a gazillion different ways of doing one thing

Comment

Wonderful artwork lg, yamii, maneth, hyn, Sarai, RiG, josiane, Icarus.
                          I love them all!
                          sigpic

Comment

Thank you Sy

btw: I love your avvy/sig
                            sigpic
                            Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

You're welcome yamii. And thanks.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                                Cool icons RiG! And yeah, josi it is this week.
                                Thanks!

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post
                                Wonderful icons RiG, love the b&W one. The taillights for read is a great shot and icon as well.
                                Thank you! The taillights shot was my first choice for 'red' and the first one I made for 'red' but then I remembered that I made the Coach Dean 'red' icon last year and I decided to play around with it, the original just had the shorts red and I wanted to make the headband red - as well the bands on his socks and the dodgeball in his hand. But, now it looks as though I might have gone overboard with the red there.

Originally posted by IcarusAbides View Post
                                Love those RIG. Your first Red is easily my fave, made me smile, they need posting in the Jensen thunk thread as well.
                                Thanks. I'll post them there and in the SPN Graphic Art thread too.

Not a fan of BG but you did a hell of a job on those icons.

Originally posted by syfyfan View Post
                                Wonderful artwork lg, yamii, maneth, hyn, Sarai, RiG, josiane, Icarus.
                                I love them all!
                                Thank you.

EDIT: I just wanted to thank everyone for the green love. I haven't greened anyone here, I don't think, because I keep forgetting and I feel horrible about it. Will remember in the future.
                                Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 24 August 2011, 01:54 PM.
                                sigpic
                                Sig by ME.

Comment

Working...
                                X