Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
    Darn, away for a couple of days and so much to catch up on.

Just curious...how do you all get those cool names like Kitsune, Keeper of the Colt?

Mine still says the boring ol' "second Lieutenant".
    GW has 'theme' weeks/week-ends about once a month and just give out those names automatically - no choices! I have no idea why yours hasn't come up

Comment

You need to post in a forum where posts count to implement the changes. If you stay in off-topic, nothing will happen.
      sigpic

Comment

Darn, away for a couple of days and so much to catch up on.

Just curious...how do you all get those cool names like Kitsune, Keeper of the Colt?

Mine still says the boring ol' "second Lieutenant".
        This weekend is "Supernatural"-weekend. All the names and whatever else is connected to that show. GW does this "weekend-themes" for ... well, I think around one and a half year now. It started as April's fool last year and as there was such a great response they decided to continue it once a month. Exception was last month because GW extended the August-theme during the Olympics.
        Don't know why yours aren't showing up. But maybe it's because today the theme will end already, don't know ...

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
        Sig & Avi by Josi
        sigpic
        LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
        I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
          You need to post in a forum where posts count to implement the changes. If you stay in off-topic, nothing will happen.
          Ah, I didn't know that - thanks

Comment

OK! Been there, done that! Thanks, maneth!
            Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

The weekend/monthly themes are brilliant by the way. Wonder if we could do some sort of art to complement these each time they come up. But of course we'll need to know in advance.....
              Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

They usually post the themes a few weeks in advance, but there was none in September and they seem to have been caught a bit left footed for October/Halloween. I've done theme art before.
                sigpic

Comment

The weekend/monthly themes are brilliant by the way. Wonder if we could do some sort of art to complement these each time they come up. But of course we'll need to know in advance.....
                  That wood depend on what the theme is going to be. Just a general theme like 'Halloween' wood be ok, but if they choose a specific show as they have this time with SPN it woodn't be in keeping with the 'any fandom' concept of this thread.

If someone could let me know when and what the next theme is going to be I'd be happy to look at the possibility of making it a challenge

Comment

I regularly visit the admin forum so I'll try and remember to post a link to the theme thread whenever a new one is announced.
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks Mane

Comment

Great entries last week everyone - already greened along the way where I could

First entry for this week's challenge ... instead of the theme titles I labelled with who/what I've chosen for each theme ...

Last edited by ShaViva; 28 October 2012, 07:21 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Cool, and I really love the texured background too!
                          sigpic

Comment

Love the icons Sha!

Here is my entry. The first thing I thought of when I saw the themes for the 7in7 was Nightwish's Imaginaerum.
                            Spoilers for anyone who doesn't/ want to know who the actors/characters are.
                            Spoiler:
                            Quinn Lord and Marianne Farley play Tom Whitman, age 10, and Gem Whitman.

sigpic
                            Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Nice, nice entries all! yamiinsane, I love nightwish too - fantastic, haunting symphonic metal at its best!
                              Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

I love both sets ShaViva and Yamii. I'll admit I didn't really understand the challenge until seeing your entries and now I've got a few ideas. This will kind of fit into last weeks challenge for me. I've never made icons before except for Shipsgiving.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X