No announcement yet.

Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lovely artwork everyone The new challenge looks interesting... will require a little more thought
    sigpic

Comment

Since I forgot in my last post... Love all the entries...

The new challenge....Hmmm... I must think about this...
      sigpic
      Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Great stuff folks. *puts on thinking cap* veeeerry interesting challenge...
        sigpic

Comment

I'm glad I seem to have given you all food for thought with this one!
          sigpic
          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Great entries, everyone!

Originally posted by josiane View Post
            http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/...challenge2.jpg

Banner by Josiane

Challenge Week 48

Crossovers

This week we're giving you the chance to indulge more than one of your fandoms at the same time Your challenge is to make artwork where the text is from one TV show/movie, and the pictures are from another.

Just to clarify, where there is more than one show/movie in any given universe (spin-offs etc), they're going to count as one for the purposes of this challenge - ie, you can't pair a Stargate Atlantis quote with SG1 pics, or a Torchwood quote with Doctor Who pics. If you choose to make art of a real person/actor, then you can't select a quote from the show(s)/movie(s) they are in/associated with, or (obviously) that they said themselves, it must be from something else.

One other restriction: the quote must also be from something you are a fan of, no cheating by randomly selecting from a quote-generator just because it matches

PM your entries to Jumble
            Drat! Now I can't use a Hawkeye line for something Jeremy Renner acted it!

I'm glad I seem to have given you all food for thought with this one!
            I already have at least two ideas!

Comment

Oooh, interesting challenge! Gonna need to think about this one!

Btw, does anybody have any font/text tuts or tips for improving the text/font in a sig??? I have been having trouble figuring out how to improve fonts. Nothing I do looks right. I've tried drop shadows and beveling, also adding borders (outlines) to texts and I can never get anything I like.

It's alright if no-one has anything to share on this subject, I can always hit up Youtube.
              sigpic
              Sig by ME.

Comment

Oh, yeah, awesome entries one and all!

Can't believe I forgot to say that earlier!
                sigpic
                Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                  Oooh, interesting challenge! Gonna need to think about this one!

Btw, does anybody have any font/text tuts or tips for improving the text/font in a sig??? I have been having trouble figuring out how to improve fonts. Nothing I do looks right. I've tried drop shadows and beveling, also adding borders (outlines) to texts and I can never get anything I like.

It's alright if no-one has anything to share on this subject, I can always hit up Youtube.
                  There's always the option of changing the the opacity, or running the entire list down of effects - Soft-light/hard-light/difference etc.
                  Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Why not try some Style effects? There are a few pre-loaded in Photoshop, but you can download and install hundreds more. This is all identical text with different styles applied.
                    sigpic

Comment

Just to clarify, where there is more than one show/movie in any given universe (spin-offs etc), they're going to count as one for the purposes of this challenge - ie, you can't pair a Stargate Atlantis quote with SG1 pics, or a Torchwood quote with Doctor Who pics. If you choose to make art of a real person/actor, then you can't select a quote from the show(s)/movie(s) they are in/associated with, or (obviously) that they said themselves, it must be from something else.
                      Is it necessary to put in the pic where the quote's from and where your chosen image's from?
                      Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                        There's always the option of changing the the opacity, or running the entire list down of effects - Soft-light/hard-light/difference etc.
                        Huh...now why didn't I think of using that for text? I always try that with the layers/images. I will certainly give that a try.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                        Why not try some Style effects? There are a few pre-loaded in Photoshop, but you can download and install hundreds more. This is all identical text with different styles applied.
                        http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...AfA-styles.png
                        Those are all cool but, unfortunately I only have Gimp.
                        sigpic
                        Sig by ME.

Comment

I've tried that before... accidentally lol and ended up with some really cool effects
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                            Huh...now why didn't I think of using that for text? I always try that with the layers/images. I will certainly give that a try.
                            You'll definitely come up with cool-looking stuff, particular if you have layers underneath.

Originally posted by meredithe5 View Post
                            I've tried that before... accidentally lol and ended up with some really cool effects
                            Yep, I find that I work very very accidentally with PS - if something looks cool, then I use it!
                            Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by meredithe5 View Post
                              I think they call that a happy accident.

You'll definitely come up with cool-looking stuff, particular if you have layers underneath.
                              Well, I hope so!
                              sigpic
                              Sig by ME.

Comment

Great challenge entries everyone!
                                This would have been my entry for last week's challenge if RL hadn't gotten in the way.

*puts on thinking cap for this week's challenge*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X