No announcement yet.

Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. Thanks for the info. Sadly, I've seen none of those you mentioned. I need to remedy that ASAP.
    sigpic

Comment

Love the frame you've used on your wp Yami

Thanks Estrela - I actually did set out to do something different

Your wp turned out brilliantly - and we should be thanking you for giving us a lovely texture to play with

Comment

Originally posted by Estrela View Post
        Wow. Thanks for the info. Sadly, I've seen none of those you mentioned. I need to remedy that ASAP.
        "The Unsusuals" is hard to find. I lucked into all ten eps. And I haven't seen Hurt Locker yet. But Avengers and MI: GP. . . .Yeah, those two characters that Renner plays in those movies are the inspiration for my OC in my current original novel.

Comment

Gorgeous work Estrela, lg, TR and yami! It's always interesting to see which challenges result in more or less variety - textures definitely the former!
          sigpic
          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Thanks Estrela (I love your wallpaper as well!), Jumble, and Josi!
            sigpic
            Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Here's my result of Estrela's tut a few pages back. Not snurchable I intend to use it for myself. There's a bit of my own flare to it though.
              On the edge of breaking down
              sigpic
              Banner made by me

Comment

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
                Thank you! I was going for more of a grunge look, but I found the big pic of the NYC taxis, and that was that!

Jeremy Renner. . . .actor, singer, musician. He played Hawkeye in Avengers, Brandt in Mission: Impossible--Ghost Protocol. He was also in The Hurt Locker and a very short-lived TV show called "The Unusuals." (Yes, I'm a fan!)
                And currently in theaters in The Bourne Legacy.

Great stuff all of you, I hope to have something to enter into this challenge today. Home with my son as he has yet another ear infection... He'll probably take a long nap today...
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                  And currently in theaters in The Bourne Legacy.

Great stuff all of you, I hope to have something to enter into this challenge today. Home with my son as he has yet another ear infection... He'll probably take a long nap today...
                  Yeah, I haven't had the chance to see Bourne Legacy yet. But I am very anxious to see it!

Hope your son feels better soon!

'Nother challenge entry, using the same lyrics as before.

This is closer to what I was going for last night.

Comment

I've been having a terrible time getting inspired the past few weeks. I blame school starting! Something for the challenge.

sigpic

Comment

Nola, love that!

Meant to say this earlier, and completely forgot. But, great arties, everyone! Apologies for not saying so before my last post.

Comment

Thank you lg. I just started overlaying textures until "enough"! I love that particular shot of Josh and Donna.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                          Thank you lg. I just started overlaying textures until "enough"! I love that particular shot of Josh and Donna.
                          I do that a lot. "Yep, I like that. Nope, don't like that." Then, I ultimately wind up taking out about 50% of the textures I use.

Comment

yeah, I ended up with just four. But since this is a texture challenge...
                            sigpic

Comment

Lovely arties everyone. Trouble is, now I feel like I'm coming down with the same thing my son has...
                              sigpic

Comment

Great stuff everyone!!!
                                Originally posted by yamiinsane View Post
                                Jumble, lg, and TR: Lovely entries

TR: Thanks!

After fighting Photobucket (I had to switch back since the beta was still too buggy for me) I finally managed to get this new entry uploaded:

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j439/yamiinsane/th_teslen-54-yamii.png

Though I'm not completely happy with it but I'm finished with fiddling with it.
                                Thanks! And you're welcome lol. I love your wallpaper!!
                                Originally posted by Estrela View Post
                                Jumble I really love your last set. It's so different yet still you. Well done.
                                lg - Gorgeous set, as always. I love the clarity and the colors. *reminds self I really need to figure out who this guy is*
                                yamii - great wallpaper. It feels moody and romantic at the same time. What a combo!
                                TR - Castle art is always yummy!

GW is being stingy again. I can't green any of you. Is virtual green ok?

A challenge entry from me. Of course I had to use my own texture.
                                http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/estrela4ja/Sanctuary/th_SanctuaryWP-byEstrela.jpg

Can I also say a big thank you to all of you who are using my texture? It's so rewarding to see it used in so many creative ways.
                                Thanks, I think so too lol. That's why I can't seem to stop myself from making Caslte art. Yes, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. It has nothing to do with any obsession I might have. I can't wait until next Monday!!! 6 more days and I'll be at my night class, praying it gets out early so I don't have to rush home in time to watch the new Castle episode. The class officially gets out at 8:30 central time, and Castle starts at 9 central time, so she better do like the last few weeks and let us out by 7:30/8:00, cause it's almost an hour drive home and I'm not going to be pleased if I have to watch a recording lol.

I love the wall paper!
                                Originally posted by josiane View Post
                                Gorgeous work Estrela, lg, TR and yami! It's always interesting to see which challenges result in more or less variety - textures definitely the former!
                                Thanks! I'm actually surprised I'm having some variety, at least color-wise, with my stuff this challenge. Usually my entries tend to be a similar color scheme when we have a texture challenge. Maybe my muse has a friend visiting and that's who is making my stuff look different lol. Especially since I'm mostly using the same textures. I do like the texture challenges though. They force me to step away from the same old textures I tend to use, so I have to figure out either how to make the textures work with what images I want to use, or to find images that will work best with the textures.

Another challenge entry. I used 3 textures this time, though one was for subtle coloring and another was for more obvious coloring, and the third was mostly a base and a bit of background imagery. I like how it turned out, especially since my first one was rather dark and my second was mostly pinkish.

sigpic
                                Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Working...
                                X