• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by josiane View Post
    Nice one!

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
    Gorgeous Josi!

This one's been a bit of a labour of love. Thrown away 3 sigs this evening and still not totally happy with this one. Been trying in the last few sigs I've made to do something not *me* and just getting nowhere

Oh, Sherlock! I saw an add the other day for a new show on CBS here called Elementary, based off Sherlock Holmes. Watson is played by Lucy Liu. It doesn't look as good as Sherlock. Even though Holmes will be played by a Brit.

Originally posted by Rocket_Scientist View Post
    Thanks everyone for the compliments.
    Great new art Jumble, Sha, Nola, Bay, Estrela, MR, Hyn, *takes deep breath* SeNedra, Padme, Josi, and Sarai!
    I sure hope I didn't miss anybody. There seems to be a lot of inspiration for this challenge. It's so fun to see all these characters we usually don't get to see! One more from me. This was a total accident; it didn't turn out the way I planned at ALL, but I still like the result. I think I may finally be out of R people. For now....

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z426/Rocket_Scientist1/th_rocketrdj.jpg

ETA: I almost forgot. Happy 4th to all the Americans! I'm an American currently living in France, so I'm missing out on all the festivities this year.
    Love the coloring and the subject! Can you post the textures?

And Happy Fourth to all my fellow Americans!
    Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

This challenge has been really good for my LotR, and specifically for my Legolas, muse!

Another set:

I think the wallie is my favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by syfyfan View Post
        Thanks! I used font call "Before the Rain".
        Very good work and nice tut! I like the challenge too

Another one...
        http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/...winchester.jpg
        love this one sysfan any chance of a tut?

I'm still trying to figure out who I could use for this challenge
        sigpic
        Sig by me my LJ - the place to find some of my artwork and fics - My Stargate vids

Comment

Here one for the challenge - been a while since I've done any arts

Attached Files
          sigpic
          Sig by me my LJ - the place to find some of my artwork and fics - My Stargate vids

Comment

can someone help me with gimp 2.8 please?
            sigpic
            Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome-back!
              Love all the artwork everyone has done and have greened those I could.
              Josi, *squee*, I adore the Jason/Jessica-WP! Aww, they are so cute together!
              Jumble, you definitely should give True Blood a try . True, the show had a hard start with season 1 but it's more and more growing and has a lot of great and interesting characters.
              (and an little self-advertising on this point, I'm the official screencapper for a TB-website now, one reason why I'm not so much around anymore, lots of screencapping ).

Thanks for liking the phone-WPs everyone

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
              Sig & Avi by Josi
              sigpic
              LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
              I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Loving all the new entries today ... great work everyone.

Not for the challenge ... was browsing on Shadowplay and found a challenge I couldn't resist, being a good Aussie girl and all. It was to make a banner featuring a picture of the Hemsworth brothers The middle pic you had to use and the rest was free choice.

Chris is my favourite ... just in case you were wondering
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bandcat View Post
                  Here one for the challenge - been a while since I've done any arts

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/10...891_bonnie.jpg
                  Nice Bonnie Bennett sig. Not enough Vampire Diaries art out there.
                  Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Shep, I use Photoshop, but last week I got a girlfriend started with GIMP. We found some terrific tutorials on-line, very basic ones all the way to extremely advanced. Hope that helps!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LT. COL. John Sheppard View Post
                      can someone help me with gimp 2.8 please?
                      What kind of help are you looking for?

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                      Shep, I use Photoshop, but last week I got a girlfriend started with GIMP. We found some terrific tutorials on-line, very basic ones all the way to extremely advanced. Hope that helps!
                      Those are great links, Nolamom.

Amazing art since I last looked everyone! I greened where GW would let me.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                        thanks
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post
                          What kind of help are you looking for?
                          how to erase background with rubber?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LT. COL. John Sheppard View Post
                            how to erase background with rubber?
                            I assume by rubber you mean the eraser tool?? I typically select it, then pick the brush (usually round fuzzy or just plain round for what I'm doing.) Then choose the size... make sure you have selected the layer you want to be erasing on. Then as you slide the mouse over the background it will erase.

Note: If you have opened a picture and done nothing to it yet, ie.... size, flip, scale... it will not erase to transparent, but rather to the foreground color. There may be a way to change this setting, but I haven't bothered to look yet. So I typically just flip the picture back than forth with the flip tool and then do my erasing.

Note 2: If it is delicate erasing you will probably want to zoom in on the area under the view tab.

There is another way of doing it with layer masks... I will find the tut and link it if I can.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                              Feels like you've had a limb chopped off, doesn't it?
                              It does, although it helps to know that it's temporary. And I do love our new house!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post
                                I assume by rubber you mean the eraser tool?? I typically select it, then pick the brush (usually round fuzzy or just plain round for what I'm doing.) Then choose the size... make sure you have selected the layer you want to be erasing on. Then as you slide the mouse over the background it will erase.

Note: If you have opened a picture and done nothing to it yet, ie.... size, flip, scale... it will not erase to transparent, but rather to the foreground color. There may be a way to change this setting, but I haven't bothered to look yet. So I typically just flip the picture back than forth with the flip tool and then do my erasing.

Note 2: If it is delicate erasing you will probably want to zoom in on the area under the view tab.

There is another way of doing it with layer masks... I will find the tut and link it if I can.
                                thanks is layer mask easier than erasing? and is it simple?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X