Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So not me

It's so much "fussier" than I would usually create, more textured, with the colours and the contrast dialled way down. Fun though
    sigpic
    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

It's beautiful, josi! Love the idea!

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
        So not me

It's so much "fussier" than I would usually create, more textured, with the colours and the contrast dialled way down. Fun though
        Hm. I see what you meant, but I'd still have picked it as you This challenge is proving to be a lot harder than I thought

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
          Hm. I see what you meant, but I'd still have picked it as you This challenge is proving to be a lot harder than I thought
          It's really hard. So tough to fight against your instinct, and where you try to be different I think it's more that you end up doing you-doing-something-different, rather than not-you, if you see what I mean.
          sigpic
          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

It's really hard. So tough to fight against your instinct, and where you try to be different I think it's more that you end up doing you-doing-something-different, rather than not-you, if you see what I mean.
            Couldn't have put it better myself

I'm going to try MR's tut - surely that will make me not be me?

Comment

Agreed! My latest efforts are a prime example of a combination of my style with something not-my-style.

My style: Stock images, sharp character image, grungy/vintage look.
              Not my style: Text over the character, red.

Comment

Oh, but those are Awesome lg

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                  Oh, but those are Awesome lg
                  Thank you. I have this thing for Blue Willow dishes, and the background texture (the blue and white part, anyway) reminds me of them.

Comment

Josi and lg: Love them!

I was playing around on Gimp when I heard the news about Sanctuary, so I decided to make this:

sigpic
                    Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

They're lovely! I definitely know what you mean, both my sigs have had something very me combined with something else not at all me. But I guess the point of the challenge is to expand our horizons a bit, so some of these techniques may well see more use in future.
                      sigpic

Comment

great work Josi, Yamii

lg great love the american flag texture
                        sigpic
                        Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Thanks. It's actually a combination of two different textures.

Comment

yeah, i noticed the flowers off-to the left. adds to 'the life' if you will
                            nice job

EDIT: is that the Daniel from Catherine's funeral in S8?
                            sigpic

Comment

Thank you.

To me, it's very southern plantation from back in the day style.

Comment

so it is, just looking at you sig compared to that one i can see what you mean by different style
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X