Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LT. COL. John Sheppard View Post
    gimp ruined my laptop it froze it it made it shut it's self down it didn't work
    See, Gimp never did that to me. I do have moments when Gimp will lock up, but any program does that. The thing with Gimp is that it can be picky about how much you're doing when it loads. If you start opening the program and then go do other things at the same time instead of waiting, it'll lock up. But, honestly, I only have my computer lock up maybe once every two or three months from Gimp.

And thanks. I enjoyed making the icons.

Comment

Love all the wonderful art and seeing some great tuts.

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
      Lovely work everyone

Aren't you lucky Estrela - *Thunk* indeed

I had a quick go at Bay's tut couldn't think of any wording for it though, so left it without
      Mr, love your Haven wallpaper. Had to grin when I saw it because I started on the tut you posted of the pop-out of Castle last night. Hope to find time to finish it soon.
      sigpic

Comment

I made my first one for tut week
        i used the same tut that lg used
        of course mine has been tweaked (as i use Photoscape and all )
        sigpic
        Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

It looks good. A bit dark, but that's easily corrected with a brightening layer. I like the warm golden coloring of it.

Comment

thanks lg i only realized it was dark when i finished it but i learnt my lesson now and im doing ones for the SGU cast all from the ep Cloverdale
            sigpic

Comment

thanks lg i only realized it was dark when i finished it but i learnt my lesson now and im doing ones for the SGU cast all from the ep Cloverdale
              I've also found that, when I'm working on a laptop, the angle of the screen can change how light and dark the image is.

Um. . .to be honest, I'm not an SGU fan. I have NO idea what the ep Cloverdale is about.

Comment

The Men Of SGU

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
                  I've also found that, when I'm working on a laptop, the angle of the screen can change how light and dark the image is.

Um. . .to be honest, I'm not an SGU fan. I have NO idea what the ep Cloverdale is about.
                  it's sorta styled like SGA S5 Vegas
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                    Thanks, that's a useful link *saves it*
                    You're welcome. I was tempted to see if that post would be a good thing to have in Picture & Animated .gif posting rules thread or somewhere on Gateworld, like a tips section in the FAQ, where it will be seen by more members since not everyone is going to know it's in the Members helping Members Thread or even think to search for it on the forum. Sure it's not about Gateworld but it one of those useful posts.

can someone tell me what the best free Photo editing Program on Windows 7 (not gimp) thanks

The only other free program I have heard of is paint.net. I know it works with Windows 7 because I installed it on my mom's computer for her.
                    Last edited by planet_tv; 09 April 2012, 10:27 PM.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Welcome LTJS and nice arties and thanks for the fonts.

RIG the font is "Rat Infested Mailbox"

Very nice work, lg!
                      sigpic

Comment

A few fonts i found that you guys might like
                        Aggressive Angry Baby Killer
                        angrychalk
                        Angry Prego
                        Angry Bit*h
                        1942 Report
                        Stargate
                        About the only thing Stargate about it is the Earth point of origin symbol. The other symbols seem to be a random collection.
                        No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                        It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

thanks Sy
                          another one to add to SGU men

Major Peterson MAKE HIM KNOW! (He is the guy who is at the communication stones in SGU S1 Sabotage)
                          Last edited by LT. COL. John Sheppard; 10 April 2012, 01:20 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                            I did, ages ago. The photographer stamped it in a very obvious way, so I don't want to post it in PB, might possibly get me in trouble if I post it as it is. But as it's prettier than any pink magnolia pic I've found by searching online, I'm stuck unless I crop the creator identification bar on the pic...
                            Could you pm it to me please? You can always upload it to PB password protected, then delete it as soon as I've got it

Awesome arties lg

Lots of lovely entries and tuts - thanks

Comment

just for fun

sigpic

Comment

Awesome work lg and LCJS!

gimp ruined my laptop it froze it it made it shut it's self down it didn't work
                                Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
                                The only other free program I have heard of is paint.net. I know it works with Windows 7 because I installed it on my mom's computer for her.
                                I was going to suggest paint.net too - looks like the best free alternative to Gimp around. You could also have a look to see if you have Paint Shop Pro pre-installed - I know it does sometimes come bundled in as software on a lot of laptops, even though it's not free if you don't have it.
                                sigpic
                                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Working...
                                X