Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LT. COL. John Sheppard View Post
    awesome sigs lg i love the sam one
    Thanks. I found that shot of Sam while doing some searching on GW for pics of Daniel for the At Least 3 Challenge. It's from the Season 5 ep "Beast of Burden."

Originally posted by Stargate78fan View Post
    Wonderful artworks, Jumble, Ladygris and Rocket.

Thank you, Mrs. Rush, Nola, Ladygris and Sheppard for your compliments.

Thanks, Mane for the stamp info.

Thanks, for the link, Josi.
    Thank you!

Originally posted by starlover View Post
    Wonderful arties...on the last few pages; because I must admit I haven't been in here for a while because of RL I had to stroll through the thread for textures though...and ended up using none!

Anyway*points at sig* I made a siggy for the first time in over three months
    I like it! And welcome back!

Comment

Here is a tutorial on how to make this (requested by Jumble):

Spoiler:
      You will need these pics and texture to make this:

1) Create a new document of whatever size you prefer, I chose 1920x1080 for this wallpaper. Fill with black, or Invert, your choice.

2) Take both Karen pics and at present don't do anything to them. You can choose which circle you want the pics in later.

3) Take the texture, which is from this pack: Texture Pack 02, and using Free Transform, scale it to where the circles take up about half of the document. This doesn't have to be exact, so fill as much or as little with the circles as you like. Make sure the texture is on Screen 100% or you will not see the pics of Karen, or whichever person you've chosen.

4) Go back to the pics of Karen and adjust til you are happy about them. I also used the blur tool with an opacity of 50% on Karen's skin to soften her skin up, this is optional if the pics your using does not require use of the blur tool, just skip ahead.

5) I didn't want the texture to be so over powering so I went to Image>Adjustments>Hue/Saturation. I experimented with the Saturation level but was only satisfied with it being black and white. Adjust to your own hearts content.

6) Next I made a transparent layer and using whatever brush you fancy at the time, and this color: 414142 and the opacity of the brush 50% brush around the circles of the texture. Leaving a few areas untouched. I created this layer after the adjustment layers because the white "light" in the texture was too bright and I wanted to knock it back some. Make sure that anything that got into the circles is erased.

7) I then created 3 adjustment layers, but I didn't want to go overboard with them, so I kept them close to neutral. The 4th was added after I finished the main steps of the wallpaper.

Curves Layer:
      First point: 208, 159
      Second point: 85, 95

Color Balance:
      Shadows: 0, 0, 9
      Midtones: 0, 14, 0
      Highlights: 16, 0, 0

Levels:
      RGB: 0, .95, 255

Color Balance 2 (I added this one later on to try to finish the wallpaper and out of all the adjustments I tried this was the only one I liked so I just kept it):
      Shadows: 9, 0, -19
      Midtones: -27, 28, 16
      Highlights: 0, -38, 12

8) I divided Karen's name up into 4 different text layers: K, G, aren, and illan.

K and G ~ MarigoldWild, 200pt. Blending options: Stroke, black 1px.
      aren and illan ~ Mistral, 72pt. Blending options: Stroke, black 1px.

9) The words: Beauty does not compare is: luvnjack print. Beauty and Compare are 48pt, and does not are at 72pt. This also has a Stroke of 1px that is black.

10) Create a fill color of white, set it to Soft Light 100%. At this time, if you wish to add the second Color Balance layer you may.

11) Watermark your work if you do, and admire it for you are done
      sigpic
      Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Thanks Yami, I really like that wp

Comment

You're welcome Jumble Sorry it took so long for me to get it up.

Btw: I love all of the art for this challenge and beyond!

Here is my next entry, which was supposed to have been part of a wallpaper but I couldn't make it work:

Frame by Diza
          Main Background by kuschelirmel-stock
          Background behind Helen by kushcelirmel-stock
          Texture used for color by Sanami276
          Fire stock and Helen pic were found in Google Images, I also uploaded them for you all:

I hope you likes and I hope I covered all the textures/pics that I used.
          sigpic
          Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Thanks for the tut yami. I adore that fire art! I can't seem to green you at the moment...
            sigpic

Comment

You're welcome and thanks Nola
              sigpic
              Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

A challenge on dA - had to really stretch myself for this - I am soooo not a conceptual artist! (linked due to PG content)
                sigpic

Comment

Yet again, I only drop by because I have a challenge entry. I try to lurk. I do

Weirdo grunge.
                  Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                  Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Love them Nola and Nad
                    sigpic
                    Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                      Yet again, I only drop by because I have a challenge entry. I try to lurk. I do

Weirdo grunge.
                      Excellent! Virtual green.
                      Great concept and execution Nad. I really, seriously love this.
                      sigpic

Comment

Love the fire-art Yami, and thanks for the textures

Nice one Nad

Comment

Thank you Jumble And you're welcome
                          sigpic
                          Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

So, I couldn't leave tutorials alone.

From this tut by yami.......

And from this tut also by yami.....

Comment

Love them lg! I would green you if I could, so please accept some *virtual green*
                              sigpic
                              Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Thanks!

The tuts were great!

Comment

Working...
                                X