• Show
Clear All

I like it, Sy!

What font did you use?

Comment

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
      I like it, Sy!

What font did you use?
      Thank you! I used "Rat Infested Mailbox".
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by syfyfan View Post
        Thank you! I used "Rat Infested Mailbox".
        I love the font, but that is one weird name!

Comment

I love the font, but that is one weird name!
          Yep!
          sigpic

Comment

Wonderful artworks, Ladygris, Yami and Syfyfan.

Thankyou for the compliments, Ladygris, Syfyfan and Yami.

Get better soon, Loserinc and hope your tendonitis clears up quickly.

Thanks for sharing your flower stock photos, Ladygris. What is Walmart? It may sound like our Bunnings.
            Last edited by Stargate78fan; 14 March 2012, 02:59 PM.
            sigpic
            Thanks to Jumble for the icon and siggy.
            My ff.net My Own Website

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate78fan View Post
              Wonderful artworks, Ladygris, Yami and Syfyfan.

Thankyou for the compliments, Ladygris and Yami.

Get better soon, Loserinc and hope your tendonitis clears up quickly.

Thanks for sharing your flower stock photos, Ladygris. What is Walmart? It may sound like our Bunnings.
              You're welcome.

Walmart is a common department store here in the States. In my town, they carry everything......almost literally. Groceries, crafts, automotive, garden center, hardware, toys, clothes, jewelry, you name it, Walmart probably has it. From what I just looked up of Bunnings, I'm not sure how the comparison would be, honestly.

Comment

I don't consider Wal Mart a department store since that calls to mind places like J.C. Penny and Dillard's. I'm not sure how I would classify it though.

I've been working on an icon set for of the Characters of Downton Abbey for the past year. Yes, year. I had hoped to finish before season two but grad school has kept me busier than undergrad did. Now I hope to finish before season 3. I wanted to wait to post them all together, but I figured I'd post the ones I have done now.

The idea was a one word descriptor for each character. I'm open to suggestions for Carson, O'Brien, Lord Grantham, Isobel, Bates, and Mrs. Parmore since I've been stuck on those. Another reason I never finished the set.
                Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Padme, I live in a small town. Walmart is considered a department store when you don't even have a traffic light! But I do understand what you're saying. That was the easiest way I could describe it.

Love the icons!

Comment

Padme, I live in a small town. Walmart is considered a department store when you don't even have a traffic light! But I do understand what you're saying. That was the easiest way I could describe it.

Love the icons!
                    Oh my! Ours is across the street from Target. It used to be somewhere else and smaller, but as the town grew in the last 11 years it moved. Actually, come to think of it, we have 2! We also have a Lowe's across the street from Home Depot. And a Kohls now. They arrived when I started college 7 years ago.

Thank you!
                    Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

lg: You're welcome and I love the flowers stock

Sy: Thanks, I absolutely love that wallpaper!

Stargate78fan: Thanks and you're welcome!

Padme: Love the icons! Even tho I have absolutely no idea what Downtown Abbey is...

I've also come to share a little wallpaper that I made:

I hope you likes
                      sigpic
                      Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Lovely art everyone!!!

Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
                        I don't consider Wal Mart a department store since that calls to mind places like J.C. Penny and Dillard's. I'm not sure how I would classify it though.

<snip>
                        As to Walmart, lol...

I wouldn't consider Walmart a department store either, and this is from someone who has lived in a big town as well as a place where Walmart is the biggest store for 40+ miles. I'd say it would be called a "superstore" or a "megastore" if it sells everything from clothes to groceries to pet stuff to entertainment stuff to gardening stuff to auto stuff. It's just a regular store if it still doesn't sell the groceries, IMO. Some places call it a discount department store...And as to comparable places, I don't know if this would help, but these are some of the names Walmart operates under in other countries, according to wikipedia..."It operates in Mexico as Walmex, in the United Kingdom as Asda, in Japan as Seiyu, and in India as Best Price."

Also, most of the people in this small town where Walmart is the biggest store still don't call it a department store. Maybe that's because they can drive 2-3 hours and be in a city with malls and "real" department stores, but still...
                        sigpic
                        Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Another challenge entry....

Comment

Very nice!
                            No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                            It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Wonderful artworks, Padme, Ladygris and Yami.

Ladygris, I did a quick search and found Walmart is definately not like Bunnings. I think Bunnings would best described as a huge hardware shop (or store depending where you live. ). It also has a garden centre, my mum is obssessed with the place and we have one here in town and I think they are making a larger one not to far away from where the current one is. I didn't get a chance to browse through what else was on the Walmart site, didn't get time.

How do you upload font into Photoshop? I have version 8. I can't remember how. I'd like to update some new fonts, but couldn't remember.

I've made something! I should have gone to bed an hour ago, but got sucked into playing in photoshop. It is a Darcy Owen siggy for my original character for my fan fic. I need to start writing again, though I don't feel very inspired and the Muse is off elsewhere.

sigpic
                              Thanks to Jumble for the icon and siggy.
                              My ff.net My Own Website

Comment

to upload a font, go to computer>programs>common files>adobe>fonts and put it there. Be careful NOT to go directly to adobe from programs, you won't find the fonts file!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X