No announcement yet.

Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Estrela, I'd green you again if I could. Lovely!
    sigpic

Comment

Great artwork everyone.
      Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Gorgeous work Nola, Rocket and Estrela! Nola, you're really coming along with that DAX program, awesome stuff!
        sigpic
        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Oh it's loads of fun josi! I went ahead and got the morphing plugin to customize the characters - wow! Amazing results. First pic is basic model, second pic is after a few minutes of customization.
          sigpic

Comment

Ladygris, I'm trying to follow this tut, but am having trouble with the "Use the clone tool to remove the words or leave it if you like." I have PS7 and the only Clone tool I can find is the Clone Stamp. Do you mean that? Because all it does is make them kind of blury. I'd like to remove them for what I'm doing.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
              Ladygris, I'm trying to follow this tut, but am having trouble with the "Use the clone tool to remove the words or leave it if you like." I have PS7 and the only Clone tool I can find is the Clone Stamp. Do you mean that? Because all it does is make them kind of blury. I'd like to remove them for what I'm doing.
              In Gimp, the clone tool will cover the words eventually. I have to select a region that I want to copy over what's already there. As far as I know, it's like the Clone Stamp.

Another way you can do that is to duplicate and crop the texture very carefully, moving it around to cover the words.

Comment

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
                In Gimp, the clone tool will cover the words eventually. I have to select a region that I want to copy over what's already there. As far as I know, it's like the Clone Stamp.

Another way you can do that is to duplicate and crop the texture very carefully, moving it around to cover the words.
                Hmm. It's not covering it up, just moving it a little and making it blur. I'll have to mess with it later, although the words do match the theme of mine, so maybe I'll keep them.

Now, if only I could get the colors to change the way I want them too. I want the blue to look red, but it seems I can only get the orangey part to look red. I'll have to fiddle with it some more.

sigpic

Comment

cloning takes practice - the biggest mistake is trying to push too far and then you wind up just pushing whatever you're trying to remove instead of getting rid of it. Match the size of the brush to the size of the area that you can safely clone *from* and then put bits over what you want to cover. You can increase the area of "push" as you increase the amount you've already covered - you will start cloning what you've already cloned. That's what gets blurry if you aren't careful - you copy over the already blurred stuff multiplying the effect.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                    cloning takes practice - the biggest mistake is trying to push too far and then you wind up just pushing whatever you're trying to remove instead of getting rid of it. Match the size of the brush to the size of the area that you can safely clone *from* and then put bits over what you want to cover. You can increase the area of "push" as you increase the amount you've already covered - you will start cloning what you've already cloned. That's what gets blurry if you aren't careful - you copy over the already blurred stuff multiplying the effect.
                    Oh, well I'll have to try it again.

And how do I add a Gaussian Blur?
                    Last edited by Padme18; 12 March 2012, 04:30 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Select the layer you want to use it on then go up to filters> blur> gaussian blur. Play around with it a bit, but usually you're going to want a very small amount - maybe 2 pixels or less for a nice softening effect
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
                        Oh, well I'll have to try it again.

And how do I add a Gaussian Blur?
                        To add a gaussian blur to an entire layer, select that layer then use the commands Filter->Blur->Gaussian Blur.
                        To blur only a portion of a layer, select whatever you had in mind using one of the selection tools (like the magic wand or one of the lasso tools) then use the filter trick. Or, you can use the blur tool if it's available on your toolbar in your version of PS.
                        sigpic

Comment

*gives Nola a cookie for being quicker*
                          sigpic

Comment

*gives Estrela a chocolate drop for adding the info about partial areas and the blur tool*
                            sigpic

Comment

*nom nom nom*

((Nola))
                              sigpic

Comment

Glad you ladies could answer the questions because I use Gimp. It's a slight bit different at times.

Comment

Working...
                                X