Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beautiful artworks, Lg and Jumble.

Thank you, Josi and Jumble, for answering my questions. I ended up using the delete button!!

My own results from Josi's Butterfly wallpaper tutorial. I'm pretty happy with it and think it is one of my best ones so far. I tried several pieces yesterday and ended up trashing all of them, as I just couldn't get them to work the way I wanted to. This is for my fan fic that one day I will get around to writing. Been doing a lot of fan fic art, but no fan fic writing.

sigpic
    Thanks to Jumble for the icon and siggy.
    My ff.net My Own Website

Comment

Oh my goodness! What a totally different take on that tut - beautiful result

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
        Your tuts are always educational - fun, but educational
        *blinks*
        I'm going to proof you wrong.

Here's the tut for this sig:

It makes sense in my head.

Spoiler:
        Right. Simple tut. I work with Gimp, but I’m such a lazy artworker that most of the steps are so basic that they should be just as easy in any other program.

We start out with this probably illegaly obtained background:

Just scale cut erase copy and paste untill it suits your mood. I used it twice in the sig and blended. (The pic now covers my perfect seamless new background but I had fun. Most of the time)

Now we open a new layer and paste The Picture on it.
        I used this:

(Or one like it. I have a few but who cares anyway. )

A little trick I like to pass along is to lick the picture. It’ll stick better. Trust me. I do it all the time.

Scale to make the head fit and cut or erase the background, whatever makes you happy. You can keep it if you like and mark it as the point where you leave this tut and do whatever you like.

And now comes the part where the boobling starts. Colouring the pic ...the obsessive way. Note that there are easier ways to do it!

In this case I used two seperate layers of the pic. One I turned grey (bottom layer) and one I turned brown (upper layer). The grey one is to create sharpness and contrast so booble with that. I used a high contrast and a medium sharpness but it all depends on the picture.

The brown layer I used to create a more fluffy look. Here the contrast stays the same and a soft glow gets added. I used the smear tool to, well, smear out the parts of J-Yo’s lovely head that needed to look fluffier. Obviously this layer needs to be more transperant for this method to have any kind of effect.
        Breathe in and out. Get zen. Achieve that perfect balance between the two layers and then smoosh them together with violence. HahWham! Voila. One picture.

Then we move on to the text. Which is easy as long as you keep in mind that:
        -The font should be readable
        -Working with capital letters might be wise since youre working with different sizes (or maybe different fonts if you’re feeling adventurous)

Now word for word, drag ‘em to the right spot and you’re done.
        This works best using longer quotes/lyrics.

In this case using white letters on the busy background didn’t really work. Neither did a shadow, so I just paintbrushed a nice brown cloud on a seperate layer and erased the edges so it didn’t look like a nice brown paintbrushed cloud and stuck it under my text layer. Smoosh them together and sharpen.

Then the little threesome of pictures thingy...
        Used three previously made icons, lined them up smooshed them together to make one layer , sharpened and coloured (more brown!) to fit the background and pic. *nods*
        Then copy said layer, paste said copy, scale it down, colour to match other parts of the background (some red!) and hide it behind the copied icon trio.
        ...And smoosh ‘em together.

Now all that’s left is to cross T’s, dot I’s... final touches and tweaks, apologize to the sig and hug yourself for all the violence you used and never knew you possessed. Really. Say sorry.

Simple and easy!
        ...The sig. Not the saying sorry part.

The summery would be: Copy. Paste. Erase. Sharpen. Adjust contrast. Colour. Smoosh. Repeat.
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Thank you soooo much Nad I have saved and filed your tut, labelling it "Nad's Smooshing Tut"

I fully intend smooshing Martin at the first opportunity

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
            I do! Sometimes......... occasionally.......

But not Downton Abbey - not my kind of show I'm afraid
            I'm addicted to it!
            Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
              I'm addicted to it!
              I know a lot of people are - I'm just not a fan of historical/costume dramas.

Comment

Thanks, Jumble.

Wonderful tutorial, Dutch.
                sigpic
                Thanks to Jumble for the icon and siggy.
                My ff.net My Own Website

Comment

Just stopped by to drop off the only entry I could get, Tho I feel that the background and the caps don't fit with the quote, but I tried!

I hope you likes
                  sigpic
                  Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Lovely stuff yamii! Great art by everyone else too. Unfortunately I'm sick with influenza so it's unlikely I'll enter this challenge, but never say never. I'm keeping my son at home, he's on my husband's computer (not yet three years old and he can select the video he wants to watch on YouTube with the mouse, he's addicted to Chuggington and Thomas the Tank engine). I don't allow him unlimited computer time normally, but I'm too sick to run after him...
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by yamiinsane View Post
                      Just stopped by to drop off the only entry I could get, Tho I feel that the background and the caps don't fit with the quote, but I tried!

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j439/yamiinsane/th_NikolaTeslaWallpaper5.png

I hope you likes
                      I likes very much! And I think it all fits very well, especially with the electricity sparking in the background - Tesla/JYo has that effect on several people I know

Hope you feel better soon Mane And well done for letting your little one hone his computer skills - it's never too early for them to learn
                      Last edited by Jumble; 17 February 2012, 03:56 AM.

Comment

He can even type his name, sort of... I have to help him find the letters and then there's usually more than necessary, but it's a great start.
                        sigpic

Comment

Thank you Maneth and Jumble
                          sigpic
                          Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                            He can even type his name, sort of... I have to help him find the letters and then there's usually more than necessary, but it's a great start.
                            Computers are excellent teaching tools, and it never hurts to get them familiar with a keyboard very early on

You're welcome

Comment

You're very welcome.
                              sigpic

Comment

Last call for challenge entries!

I'll be making the post in an hour or so, so get your entries to me asap if you haven't already!
                                sigpic
                                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Working...
                                X