No announcement yet.

Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody know how to shut Windows update off or at least change when it does it's download and restart? The only reason I'm asking is this is the third or fourth time that I have lost completed art that I forgot to save or was thinking about saving and I'm sick and tired of it. I would love to update my computer on my time not someone else's. Btw, the art that was lost last night were the art that I made from lg's tut and a challenge entry... Now completely lost with no way of regaining them
    sigpic
    Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Yami, it depends what operating system you have, but for Vista - go to your Control Panel, click on Security>Windows Update>Turn automatic updating on or off. From there you can choose how and when the updates are installed.

I've got into the habit of saving my work every time I add a new layer - learned from having lost complicated artwork many times

In PS, you can sometimes get things back by going File>open recent. You may not get back all your layers, but if you've saved at all whilst working you should get some of the steps back

Comment

Thank you SO much Jumble! It's a good thing I have Vista then
        sigpic
        Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Originally posted by yamiinsane View Post
          Thank you SO much Jumble! It's a good thing I have Vista then
          You're welcome

Comment

Hey everyone! I was wondering if anyone had any Downton Abbey or Once Upon a Time wallies I could snag for my new laptop? I haven't had a chance to load the files from my old laptop.
            Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Every now and then, whilst boobling in PS, I look at what comes out and think 'Yeah, that's not bad, I like that'. Today I found myself gazing in amazement at my boobling results, thinking 'OMG! Did I really make that? Really?? It's Awesome!' So please forgive me for blowing my own trumpet while I also thank Josi profusely for the tut that led me to these......

Last edited by Jumble; 16 February 2012, 09:12 AM. Reason: fixing link

Comment

Great job, Jumble.
                Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Jumble, gorgeous! But your link didn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
                    Jumble, gorgeous! But your link didn't work.
                    Thanks, and I've fixed it

Comment

You're welcome.

Comment

Jumble, I think your trumpet blowing is appropriate... those are absolutely gorgeous!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post
                          Jumble, I think your trumpet blowing is appropriate... those are absolutely gorgeous!
                          Thank you I'm learning so much from doing tutorials

Thanks Padme Sorry I can't help with any wps.

Comment

Started off to follow a tut on Shadowplay and wound up doing my own thing....Completely discarded the tut!

Comment

Those are gorgous lg! Is that a song lyric?

Comment

Thanks!

Yeah, it's song lyrics that my pastor's wife sings all the time. Unfortunately, I can't find the actual author.

Comment

Working...
                                X