No announcement yet.

Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharing some art I did for the Flyboy thread...

Banner for the Shippy challenge...

Art for the Shippy Challenge...

and as a wallpaper...

Not a pink, hearts and flowers type of person... but for Valentines day I guess I can make an exception. Happy Valentines Day everyone.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post

Jumble, those are wonderful AT art for gifts. Love the last sig
      Thank you

Nice Valentine art Bay

Still boobling with Josi's tut.............

Comment

"It's a hand thing. . . ."

Given that I have a thing for hands, might be something I snurch and use sometime. Not right now, though.

Love it, Jumble!

Comment

Thanks Jumble, and I love "it's a hand thing"... makes me grin, perfect for him.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
            "It's a hand thing. . . ."

Given that I have a thing for hands, might be something I snurch and use sometime. Not right now, though.

Love it, Jumble!
            Thanks - that's a phrase you'll often see around Martin

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post
            Thanks Jumble, and I love "it's a hand thing"... makes me grin, perfect for him.
            Thanks - it is

Comment

Gorgeous work everyone! Always so much colour and variety

Don't forget to PM me those challenge entries this week

I made these for Laurie's birthday:

sigpic
              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Beautiful art everyone! Look forward to your tut lg.
                sigpic

Comment

Beautiful AT sig, Josi.
                  sigpic

Comment

Gorgeous art everyone!!

Josi and Jumble, awesome birthday arts for Laurie - dare I say the muses have returned??

Comment

Those are beautiful Josi

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                      Gorgeous art everyone!!

Josi and Jumble, awesome birthday arts for Laurie - dare I say the muses have returned??
                      Thanks

Mine keeps popping in and out

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                        Gorgeous art everyone!!

Partially... still somewhat lacking in the inspiration department, but at least spending time with PS is not purely an exercise in frustration. Maybe I should say the mojo's back, but the muse is still not quite pulling her weight

And thank you all
                        sigpic
                        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Happy Valentines Day
                          sigpic

Comment

Gorgeous, gorgeous artwork, josi!

Comment

Thank you Jumble, lg and Bay!

Jumble pretty bday pressies and banner and icon.

Bay, love the valentine art!

Josi very nice bday arties!
                              sigpic

Comment

Okay, here's that tut that mane requested.

I put the tut up for the wallie because I just copied the visible layers on the wallie, transferred it into the sig sized canvas, and scaled down before adding text. But it's the same basic steps. Fair warning! I wound up with LOTS of layers, primarily because the text added a lot. Also, because of the length, this will come in at least two posts.

To make this:

Spoiler:
                                You will need these textures:

You'll also need these brushes: Grunge Brushes 2
                                Inner Universe Brushes (This is actually one of my favorite brush sets.)

Open up your canvas to whatever size you wish. Fill with #cdad72.

New Layer-->Transparent Layer. Use the Inner Universe brushes with color #e4d0a9. Don't cover the layer, just put it so that it provides a nice splotchy texture.

New Layer-->Transparent Layer. Do the same thing, using color #f5f5dc

New Layer-->Transparent Layer. Again, do the same thing, using color #e3cfa8. Set this layer to Multiply, opacity 100%.

NOTE: Each of these new layers should look slightly different and leave you with a nice mottled, almost marbled, background.

Open your Vintage Grunge texture. Scale it down so that it is just wide enough for your canvas. Set to Overlay, Opacity 56%

Layer-->New from Visible. (For PS users, make a stamp of all your layers.) You will need this layer later.

Add your character/stock model pic. Using Layer Masks (or whatever method you prefer), blend the edges of the picture. You shouldn't need to erase too closely around the pic unless you're using an image that has a really bright background.

Open the pic of the flowers. Scale to the size you want. In this case, I set them to where the taller of the flowers came up the back of the model. Use Layer Masks to blend the edges. Then, using a large fuzzy brush, erase away from around your character, leaving the flowers untouched.

Take that layer stamp you made two steps ago and move it above the flowers. Set to Overlay, opacity 100%. If you wish, you can either erase or smudge the texture away from the model's face and the flowers. I tend to use the smudge tool to remove the pattern but leave the coloring.

Duplicate that layer. Set to Multiply, opacity 54%.

NOTE: At this point, your art will look very yellow/gold. Don't panic. That's removed during coloring.

Layer-->New from Visible.

One more post to follow!
                                Last edited by ladygris; 14 February 2012, 02:07 PM. Reason: GW cut off the character limit!

Comment

Working...
                                X