No announcement yet.

Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great art, everyone! I am trying to green everyone I can, because commenting on everything is almost impossible

I found time for the challenge

A few icons I made for negative space earlier:

And my challenge entry

Comment

So much beautiful art created the last several days. Love it all!
      sigpic

Comment

Love all the entries, really great stuff. And thanks for all the comments too.
        sigpic

Comment

Wonderful artwork, everyone! I'm finding Negative Space to be a real challenge!

A couple of WPs I started out making for the challenge. They wound up being the exact opposite of what negative space is supposed to be, but I thought I'd show them off. Same basic thing, but one has a texture. I'm honestly not certain which one I like better!

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
            Thanks Jumble, sy, Graceful. I really love this challenge - it's right up my alley, so to speak as I love the very clean, simple look.
            It definitely suits you I'm having trouble, because I usually go for the complete opposite - messy and complicated (See my name? Nuff said ).

That's lovely SeNedra

lg, I see you're having the same problem as me - see a space, fill it up! But they're beautiful just the same. I think I prefer the one without the texture

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
              It definitely suits you I'm having trouble, because I usually go for the complete opposite - messy and complicated (See my name? Nuff said ).

That's lovely SeNedra

lg, I see you're having the same problem as me - see a space, fill it up! But they're beautiful just the same. I think I prefer the one without the texture
              Yeah. I tried to go smaller on those, less stuff in the background. It didn't work too well. OH! And that pic of Nicole deBoer cut off the top of her head. I had to actually add that on! LOL! As for the texture, I'm really torn. Which is why I have a sig without it and am using the wallie with it.

Comment

Beautiful art everyone!!!!

Comment

Dates for your diaries!

Bring along your Christmassy PTB art and
                  celebrate with us!

(All types of food and booze also welcome!)
                  Last edited by Jumble; 21 November 2011, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Fantastic work Rocket, Nola, SeNedra andlg Love all the neg space work.

made this, not sure if I prefer the B/W or the slightly jumbified () version

sigpic
                    Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

lg - I'm with Jumble on this one, I like it without the texture. But both are lovely.
                      Mr - isn't it funny how Jumble's name has become an adjective? But it's so descriptive! I don't know, the black and white one looks almost washed out on the white background - perhaps if it were sepia toned?
                      sigpic

Comment

lg - I'm with Jumble on this one, I like it without the texture. But both are lovely.
                        Mr - isn't it funny how Jumble's name has become an adjective? But it's so descriptive! I don't know, the black and white one looks almost washed out on the white background - perhaps if it were sepia toned?

It's also a verb - Jumblify: to smother in bright colours

Oh, I am soooo going to enjoy next week's challenge

Needless to say Mr, I much prefer the Jumblified version

Comment

Thanks Nola, never even thought about sepia on that one..... (though I just realised I never saved the .xcf file ) Might have a look at that later though

You would have loved my first version, there was some serious jumblification(!) on that one .
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                            Fantastic work Rocket, Nola, SeNedra andlg Love all the neg space work.

made this, not sure if I prefer the B/W or the slightly jumbified () version

<snipped>
                            Love them, though I'm going with the Jumblified(!) version, too. The b&w just feels a bit. . .bare.

Thanks! I like both, obviously. But I just love that texture that Mr made. Obviously, as that's the third thing I've used it in!

Comment

Uh oh, I'm almost afraid to ask about next week...
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
                                Love them, though I'm going with the Jumblified(!) version, too. The b&w just feels a bit. . .bare.

Thanks! I like both, obviously. But I just love that texture that Mr made. Obviously, as that's the third thing I've used it in!
                                The 'bare' feeling was why I coloured the other one, but then that's the whole idea behind neg space I suppose

Glad you're getting some use out of that texture
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X