Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scifan View Post
    Oh I'm so glad you got it back.... it has to be rough. Not looking forward to the rest of the winter season. Yep.. I'm in CT, but luckily we didn't really suffer with the power outage.... this time.
    It was very rough...and cold. I'm kinda looking forward to winter, tired of the heat of summer. I know, crazy right? Well, I'm always hot, I think my body runs a degree or two hotter than normal. Glad you didn't lose your power...watch out for next time!

Before I forget, again, how do you put pictures into frames in sigs? Such as in your current sig? I know I asked this once before but I must have missed the answer.
    sigpic
    Sig by ME.

Comment

Yes.. exactly what happened to me. Give it a try and crop it... the end result should come out like the same.

Which one was yours hun?

Hope you get your muse bac

I'm speechless! WOW!!

Oh I'm so glad you got it back.... it has to be rough. Not looking forward to the rest of the winter season. Yep.. I'm in CT, but luckily we didn't really suffer with the power outage.... this time.
      Thanks.

Comment

Hi everyone ... lovely work with the tuts this week - I've greened where GW will let me and will try to do the rest when I can (green system is just so frustrating at times ... should be about how awesome a post is, not how often you've greened that person before!!)

Anyway, I also thought I'd have a go at MR's texture tut. It was fun - I'm a perpeptual tweaker so textures and I are probably going to drive somebody crazy (probably me lol) - knowing when to stop seems to be the key So, first two attempts, lots of tweaking later, and I'd made these:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShaViva View Post
          Hi everyone ... lovely work with the tuts this week - I've greened where GW will let me and will try to do the rest when I can (green system is just so frustrating at times ... should be about how awesome a post is, not how often you've greened that person before!!)

Anyway, I also thought I'd have a go at MR's texture tut. It was fun - I'm a perpeptual tweaker so textures and I are probably going to drive somebody crazy (probably me lol) - knowing when to stop seems to be the key So, first two attempts, lots of tweaking later, and I'd made these:

http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/ss101/ShaViva/Signature%20banners/My%20textures/th_ShaTexture1.jpg

http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/ss101/ShaViva/Signature%20banners/My%20textures/th_ShaTexture2.jpg
          Love these Sha, Think the second one is perfect for something I have to do for a 'ship based advent calender!!!!

And yes the greening system is frustrating at times.
          sigpic
          Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
            Love these Sha, Think the second one is perfect for something I have to do for a 'ship based advent calender!!!!

And yes the greening system is frustrating at times.
            Thanks MR - I should have said in my post that it'd be awesome if someone wanted to snurch either of my texture attempts and use it for something A ship based advent calendar sounds interesting - hope you share the results here, regardless
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks MR - I should have said in my post that it'd be awesome if someone wanted to snurch either of my texture attempts and use it for something A ship based advent calendar sounds interesting - hope you share the results here, regardless
              Oh I will be snurching these, going to try and use some of the new textures made this week in some artwork when I get a little time to myself

Yeah, somehow got roped into doing 2 days for Sparky (Weir/Sheppard) advent calender over on LiveJournal (I don't even have a LiveJournal account )...... and I ended up with a couple of early days - 3rd and 5th ........ so better get working on them this weekend!!
              sigpic
              Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Which one was yours hun?
                The one that Jumble posted. The one with the stripes.
                This one
                sigpic

Comment

Awesome textures! *snurches*

Comment

Sha - those are great! That second one will be wonderful for Christmas. <snurched>
                    sigpic

Comment

DON'T FORGET TO SEND YOUR ENTRIES
                      AND TUTORIAL LINKS
                      TO SARAI

PLEASE don't leave it until the last minute - tut challenge posts take a long time to put together

Comment

Love the textures! Sha, do you have a pic of the texture you use as a background in your texture album?
                        sigpic

Comment

I tried to write a tutorial for the sig ...

I used Photoshop...

Spoiler:

images from stock pack at Shadowplay

image 1 =

image 2 =

image 3 =

mask texture = from mutsie

gradient =

1 - open canvas size 600W x 180H

PICS:

2 - I used 3 pics and work on them by using brightness/contrast

GRADIENT:

3 - I created one gradient 100x100 with the color background from the pics

4 - add gradient and use Transform--->scale and cover all canvas

FIRST LAYERS:

5 - layer 2,3 and 4 add your pics...play around untill you happy (erase and resize)

BACKGROUND BLENDING IMAGES:

6 - add image 1 more to the right side and set the layer to soft light 60% and erase what you don't want

7 - add image 1 more to the left side and set to soft light 60% and erase

8 - add image 2 more to right side and set to soft light 40% and erase

9 - add image 3 at the center and set layer to soft light 65% and erase

10 - add image 3 more to right corner and set layer to soft light 100% and erase

11 - add image 3 more to left corner and set layer to soft light 100% and erase

MASK TEXTURE:

12 -crop and resize the mask texture to the size 200H

Now came the trick part...you have to open new layer over the pics

13 - add mask texture more to left side and set the layer to screen 88%

14 - other new layer and add mask texture more to the right side and set layer to screen 88%

14 - play around and erase anything you don't want

COLORING:

15 - add new layer over all the others layers and fill with #205605 set layer to soft light 35%

TEXT:

16 - add you text ...I used font Jellyka Western Princess

THE END
                          sigpic

Comment

That's for your current sig Sy, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                              That's for your current sig Sy, right?
                              It was ...I just change...
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by syfyfan View Post
                                It was ...I just change...
                                Cool! Thanks for the tut - I really like that sig style

It's probably a good idea, when posting a tut, to include the finished article so that people viewing it in the future can see what it's for

Love the new one too! Although........ should it say 'The' Hair?

Comment

Working...
                                X