No announcement yet.

Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gorgeous work everyone! Especially the challenge entries - loving the response so far, and all the reasons people love what they do

Originally posted by Estrela View Post
    Soooo, just to show how far off base you can go when using a tut, I present my own short attention span workings.

I started with this wonderful tut that I'd been wanting to try:

and started straying just after the coloring didn't come out as expected and got this:

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/o...la4ja/at-2.jpg

I continued to tweak and ended up wth this
    http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/o...a4ja/at-2b.jpg

I stopped here until I can figure out what to do for text....again. (Yes, knowing when to stop futzing with something is a problem.)

I guess these could be challenge entries although they don't explain why I fangurl Amanda/Helen/Sam other than because she's gorgeous inside and out.

ClassicCouples thank you so much for providing the tut and for being an inspiration.
    Lovely! And I'm with Jumble, I think you have your text right there

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
    I felt like that too! I have a brand new sig to prove it!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k3...uary/HMSig.jpg

And for the record, I am proud to say that it is the first sig I've made completly with PS. I've had it for the past six months or so, but when you've been using another editing software for the last 5 years, change is hard. So, while I started using PS, I was hopping between my old software and PS. This week, because of this thread, I decided to take the plunge and understand it once and for all. And I love my new sig, so I can't wait to learn more.

It could be an entry to this week's challenge, but I hadn't read about the challenge when I did it, so I don't know if it counts. (It could probably, but I want to do something else! Hehe! Or I could just submit it along with anything I create this week.)
    Congrats! It's hard to force yourself to make the switch - I remember doing the same myself for a while, making things half in GIMP and half in PS
    sigpic
    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

First challenge entry for me:

This is one of my favourite scenes in any show, and I love it because it's very funny and very sweet. Which is kind of also the reason I love Josh/Donna and this scene is so very them
      sigpic

Comment

Love your entry Josi

Tbh, I'm struggling to come up with anything that works. I mean, you can only get so much Awesomeness into one little sig

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
          If your GW muse doesn't want to cooperate, you can use any fandom...
          Thanks, maneth!

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
          Since this week's challenge accepts things that have been made earlier, I think I can submit something. I was just going through my old arts at PB folder and noticed that this sig demonstrates one of the reasons why I love Stargate franchise so much -

And since I'm already here, these are latest items I've made (though still not very new) -

Hmm, maybe kind of depressing, but that has been my mood set since May when SGU ended. My video idea isn't any more cheerful either. Speaking of... since this was also a thread about vidding, does anyone know if it's possible to add effect in Power Director that would make video clips sharper?
          Nice artwork! I really like the Farewell siggy. Sad but sweet at the same time.

Originally posted by josiane View Post

This is one of my favourite scenes in any show, and I love it because it's very funny and very sweet. Which is kind of also the reason I love Josh/Donna and this scene is so very them
          That's cute! I never watched the show but I do know who you are talking about.
          sigpic
          Sig made by me

Comment

Josi, I don't know the fandom or the ship, but that sig is lovely.

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
            Do you mean how do I get what I want from DVD to PD? I'm still using DVD Shrink to extract from the DVD and DVDX to convert the IFO file. That's the only way I know With Martin's bts stuff, I extract the whole thing and save it - that way I can just clip the parts I want without having to search through the dvd and do the whole process each time
            I can second DVD Shrink! I'm using that too.

Tbh, I'm struggling to come up with anything that works. I mean, you can only get so much Awesomeness into one little sig
            Do more than one?
            sigpic
            Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
            My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
            Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

If your GW muse doesn't want to cooperate, you can use any fandom...
              Yes, we should make absolutely clear - the challenge is open to any and all fandoms - the artwork made and shown on this thread is not limited to Stargate .

Since this week's challenge accepts things that have been made earlier, I think I can submit something. I was just going through my old arts at PB folder and noticed that this sig demonstrates one of the reasons why I love Stargate franchise so much.

<snip>

Hmm, maybe kind of depressing, but that has been my mood set since May when SGU ended. My video idea isn't any more cheerful either. Speaking of... since this was also a thread about vidding, does anyone know if it's possible to add effect in Power Director that would make video clips sharper?
              *huggles*

I never really got into SGU but it's very sad that it has ended. Lovely work though, thanks for sharing

[]http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm88/timepresent/jdamazingsig.jpg[/]

*SQUEEEEEE'S*

LOVE IT!!

So do a whole series of sigs

EDIT: Lol LGJ - great minds

Comment

*kicks thread (but ever so gently) for reviving my vidder mojo*

I'm still at it, cutting clips, and can't seem to stop.
                sigpic

Comment

Love your entry Josi

I know what you mean That's why in the end I decided to focus small, because I was struggling to work out how to get everything about why I love a whole show/character/ship in one thing!

Josi, I don't know the fandom or the ship, but that sig is lovely.
                  Thank you It's The West Wing

Do more than one?
                  Or that
                  sigpic

Comment

Blacky - Amazing!! I love the use of the film strip and the colors. I love it.

DevilishMe - AT Gotta love her and purple. I like how you used the paint splatter...might have to try that.

Estrela - Ah! It came out so great. That is what I love about tuts...even though it may not come out as you first intended, you sttill get something cool out of it. The blending is perfect!

LadyG - Beautiful! Vibrant colors and Helen Magnus

DJgirl - I am so glad you decided to try my tutorial. Your banner came out so good
                    sigpic
                    || acrazyobsession on AO3 & Tumblr || My DeviantArt ||

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post

*high fives Sarai*

Thank you It's The West Wing
                      Ah thanks! I've heard a lot of people talk about that.

Originally posted by ClassicCouples View Post
                      The "and Helen Magnus" is really important. Haha! Thank you.
                      sigpic
                      Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                      My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                      Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

*high fives Sarai*
                        *high fives back*

Comment

Originally posted by ClassicCouples View Post
                          Blacky - Amazing!! I love the use of the film strip and the colors. I love it.

DevilishMe - AT Gotta love her and purple. I like how you used the paint splatter...might have to try that.

Estrela - Ah! It came out so great. That is what I love about tuts...even though it may not come out as you first intended, you sttill get something cool out of it. The blending is perfect!

DJgirl - I am so glad you decided to try my tutorial. Your banner came out so good
                          Thanks you.

From another thread...
                          Originally posted by Jeyla4ever View Post
                          for DJgirl

How to make this:
                          http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t110/Jeyla4ever/Joe%20Flanigan/th_js.jpg

Spoiler:
                          1. Open a canvas to your size. I used a quite large one....for the life of me don't ask me why cause I usually do 1200 by 900.

2. Take this texture by

3. Resize it to fit your entire canvas. Set to normal.

4. Take your Cap. I used the hunk Joe Flanigan cap. This one, make sure that you use either the magic wand or whatever you normally do to cut around the cap so that it's just the outline of your cap. Set it to normal. Definge and erase any edges so that it's set nicely against your background.

5. Take this texture, , resize it to fit over your entire canvas, and erase any areas that you don't like to blend nicely with your entire wall. Set to darker color at 100%opacity.

6. Then take this texture,, and set it to lighten at 100% opacity.

7. Delete any areas unwanted and flatten image.

8. Since I didn't save the PSD, I'm sure I played around with the different adjustments and coloring settings and I finish with paint daubs. And voila. It's pretty simple.
                          Here's my take on the tut. I had so much fun. Thanks again!

I might end up using this as one of my submissions for the challenge.
                          sigpic
                          Sig made by me

Comment

Love your take on the tut DJ!
                            sigpic

Comment

Love your take on the tut DJ!
                              Thank you!
                              sigpic
                              Sig made by me

Comment

Do more than one?
                                Originally posted by Sarai View Post

I know what you mean That's why in the end I decided to focus small, because I was struggling to work out how to get everything about why I love a whole show/character/ship in one thing!

Or that
                                Like I really want to spend that much time playing with Martin

Actually.......... I seem to remember I already have a series of sigs that wood fit perfectly

*kicks thread (but ever so gently) for reviving my vidder mojo*

I'm still at it, cutting clips, and can't seem to stop.
                                *takes the hit*

Comment

Working...
                                X