Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
      It looks good, Az'ryel
      Thank you, was actually my first try with new pens on new paper

Comment

Originally posted by Az'ryel View Post

Thank you, was actually my first try with new pens on new paper
        It went pretty well

Comment

Entry for Faraway Worlds: Better hurry home - I imagine Daniel wanting to take just one more photo...

sam and jack fanart
          Last edited by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse; 06 February 2021, 04:23 AM.

Comment

Oh that is a nice one SCIMM

Comment

Thank you, Az'ryel

Comment

Originally posted by Az'ryel View Post

Hmm I would not go with copy paste but the others seem fine...I'd decide depending on what it is I want to have that effect
                In my case I want to add the effects of dragon scales to a human/elven being for his female character. In this case some context.

The character in question is the deceased mother of two of our characters in a huge writing project, said two characters have no clue whatsoever that they are infact related as siblings by blood, but they're nearly 15,000 years apart {Dragon time keeping is a really complicated thing}

Their mother, also a Dragon, had her son first, and when her son was 8 years old to a dragon {8,000 to a human} she had laid his sisters egg in her hidden nest. But it was only a month later when she was ambushed, her mate died in the ambush and she just barely managed to kill one of the attackers at the time before she later passed on in another ambush out of revenge when she wqas more focused on protecting her egg then herself

The scene in wuestion I am trying to make an art piece of is the Mother, recordinbg herself in her newly made for her directly custom gown onto a journal crysta, kind of like how people take pictures in a mirror, in this case instead of a cameraphone its a crystal

My goal is to add scales effect to the visible skin on various areas. So far I have the area directly on her breastbone, and somehow it looked good just by layering it in without any scaling effects.

My main issue now is around her eyes, and on her exposed hand holding the crystal.

Which brings me back to my question. Would copypasting scales into the image, meshing them into the layer properly with layer effects work better then with a scales patterned brush ?

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post

Which brings me back to my question. Would copypasting scales into the image, meshing them into the layer properly with layer effects work better then with a scales patterned brush ?[/COLOR]
                  Well you could try copy/paste and using a brush and keep what looks better....I would guess though that a brush would be better for it since you can make more exact edits

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
                    Entry for Faraway Worlds: Better hurry home - I imagine Daniel wanting to take just one more photo...

]{"alt":"sam and jack fanart","data-align":"left","data-linktype":"1","data-linkurl":"http:\/\/an-c.dk\/at\/gateworld\/artwork\/scimm-challenge-2021-1-february-faraway-worlds.png","data-size":"full","height":"394","width":"700","src":"http:\/\/an-c.dk\/at\/gateworld\/artwork\/scimm-challenge-2021-1-february-faraway-worlds-700x394.jpg"}
                    Brilliant colouring SCIMM

Entry from me. Not quite a faraway 'world' - I used a little artistic licence

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post

Brilliant colouring SCIMM

Entry from me. Not quite a faraway 'world' - I used a little artistic licence

​Thank you, Jumble

I like your idea - and artistic license is as always welcomed

Is the shot of the gate one you've found here on GW? I use a screen cap of my own, but it's taken from floor level, so not as good.​

Comment

Thank you

I googled 'stargate sg1' and found it under 'images'. I can pm it full size to you tomorrow if you like.

Comment

Found it! 1920x1080. Click for full size.
                          Last edited by Britta; 07 February 2021, 03:26 AM.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Unfortunately at 177kb it's way over the size limit. Perhaps you could swap it for a thumbnail? Thank you

Comment

Oops. Fixed.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X