The End

See what you can do with that prompt!

PM your entries to Josiane by 5pm UK time on Friday 5th July
    sigpic
    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

i hope this isn't a way to signal the end of the challenges

Comment

I don't think that was the intention SCIMM - although we have been wondering how much longer we can continue with so few people able to contribute I myself am having difficulty doing artwork because my mousing hand isn't functioning too well Josi's life has taken a big leap into busy-ness, which is brilliant for her but it does mean she isn't able to contribute very often either.

BUT - as long as there is a demand for challenges, we'll keep posting them - for the time being at least

Comment

I'm sorry to hear your mousing hand isn't well, it can be tricky to let it rest enough to recover

It does have to make sense and be worth the time you and Josi are spending on running the challenges.

I for one am very grateful for all I've learned by being a member of this thread <3

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
            I don't think that was the intention SCIMM - although we have been wondering how much longer we can continue with so few people able to contribute I myself am having difficulty doing artwork because my mousing hand isn't functioning too well Josi's life has taken a big leap into busy-ness, which is brilliant for her but it does mean she isn't able to contribute very often either.

BUT - as long as there is a demand for challenges, we'll keep posting them - for the time being at least
            I had to move from a mouse to a tablet due to carpal tunnel issues. thankfully using the tablet actually help quell MOST of the issues that happened, I still have to go for the sessions to be entirely carpal tunnel free though.

The tablet I got is a Huion H420 signature Tablet, its amazing!

EDIT: Fort this challenge though I am incredibly tempted to get a screenshot of a Minions butt

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
            "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
            "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Hi everyone

reading all the above about the lack of participants for challenges and lack of time I have been wondering if it would help or be wanted if instead of specific tasks for challenges we could only make prompts like the last challenge. So everyone can decide what their take on that is if they want to make 7 in 7 or avi, sig, wallpaper or if they like to use only specific color combos, brushes etc as a self challenge or a trial.

To me it is always easier to find inspiration to a prompt to do a quick doodle or something instead of thinking about making an artwork with specific brushes or a certain number of icons

Of course this is just a suggestion. merely something I had in my mind and wanted to ask

Comment

Challenge entry: Sam & Jack - I wanted to grow old

The quote is from the song "The End" by Pearl Jam.

The texture with the "bubbles" is from one of josi's tutorials.

Comment

A and avatar I made. You can't really tell what I did to the picture of John and Teyla but I did do something.

1. watercolor 1 effect from the easy palette in PhotoImpact Pro 13. This was saved as a png and used for both layers in 2 and 3.
                  2. the texturizer - sandstone bottom layer with direction top from PS CS3.
                  3. the texturizer - canvas top layer with direction bottom right at 50% transparent from PS CS3.

The Avatar:

The background is half blue because, to me anyway, that's Sheppard's color and half purple because, to me anyway, that's Teyla's color.

This is what the image looked like before it became 150x150: https://images2.imgbox.com/99/f1/szjiHrmL_o.png

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
                    I'm sorry to hear your mousing hand isn't well, it can be tricky to let it rest enough to recover
                    Sadly what ails my hand is old age and I can't recover from that

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                    I had to move from a mouse to a tablet due to carpal tunnel issues. thankfully using the tablet actually help quell MOST of the issues that happened, I still have to go for the sessions to be entirely carpal tunnel free though.

The tablet I got is a Huion H420 signature Tablet, its amazing!

EDIT: Fort this challenge though I am incredibly tempted to get a screenshot of a Minions butt
                    Thanks for the info

Originally posted by Az'ryel View Post
                    Hi everyone

reading all the above about the lack of participants for challenges and lack of time I have been wondering if it would help or be wanted if instead of specific tasks for challenges we could only make prompts like the last challenge. So everyone can decide what their take on that is if they want to make 7 in 7 or avi, sig, wallpaper or if they like to use only specific color combos, brushes etc as a self challenge or a trial.

To me it is always easier to find inspiration to a prompt to do a quick doodle or something instead of thinking about making an artwork with specific brushes or a certain number of icons

Of course this is just a suggestion. merely something I had in my mind and wanted to ask
                    Suggestions are always welcome, and this one could definitely be useful. Let's see what Josi says when she comes in to do the challenge post

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                      Sadly what ails my hand is old age and I can't recover from that
                      Ah, yes, I can see how that is an impossible mission

Comment

Challenge 285

The End

Az’ryel

SCIMM

sigpic

Comment

Challenge 286

Far away

In the light of Az’ryel’s suggestion, here’s another non-specific prompt to see what it inspires!

PM your entries to Jumble by 5pm UK time on Friday 19th July
                          sigpic

Comment

Challenge entry............

Comment

Oh, nice, Jumble

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X