No announcement yet.

Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planet, I recommend downloading and installing GIMP 2.10 most recent edition, it is free and easy to use. I use it myself with minimal issue and it works on my old laptop too

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

I'm sorry Planet, I have no idea how to help since I only know how to use PS I hope you can get it sorted out

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
        I'm sorry Planet, I have no idea how to help since I only know how to use PS I hope you can get it sorted out
        I'm, in a way, not minding having to save it to get the edit selection to work after having spent some hours using it on a Carson Beckett image from Season One. I use to use Photoshop but that was version 8 and I used it on XP. Whenever I get around to getting my absolute final XP PC set up, I will be able to use CS 2 as the computer was my Dad's and he gave to me when he knew I still needed XP.

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
        Planet, I recommend downloading and installing GIMP 2.10 most recent edition, it is free and easy to use. I use it myself with minimal issue and it works on my old laptop too
        Thanks for letting me know about Gimp. I do have it on my PC because I like to have multiple graphic editing programs, but it's only version 2.8.

For those who use GIMP, can you tell me if the GIMP plugin used in this video will work with the latest version?

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Challenge entry, continuing my series of AT art:

Textures used:
          Spoiler:

I don't think it'll ever stop surprising and amazing me how different the outcome can be depending on the blending mode. This started out in orange/red tones, but by changing one of the texture's mode to hue, it became blue. The light in this scene is not the friendliest, so I decided to keep it in blue.

Comment

Amazing indeed SCIMM - textures and blending modes quite often make me sit back and go 'Wow! I wasn't expecting that!'

Comment

Thank you, Jumble - exactly! And it can be difficult to decide which blending settings to keep

Comment

Challenge entry:

Textures used:
                Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
                  Thank you, Jumble - exactly! And it can be difficult to decide which blending settings to keep
                  It definitely can be

Two challenge entries - two textures used for the first and three for the second..............

Guess what movie I watched yesterday

Comment

Posting this here to make sure everyone knows they are welcome

The MartinWooHoodStock thread will soon be ten years old – hard to believe!

Lately the thread has been very quiet due to most of Martin’s WooHoos having moved on with their lives – getting boyfriends, getting engaged, building houses, getting married, having babies, travelling all over the world and generally getting on with happy lives – which is wonderful!

So I’m looking ahead to MartinMas 2018 and thinking this is likely to be the last one. That being the case, it wood be lovely if we could try to make it a really good one so we can go out with a BANG!!!

I’m proposing to start the MartinMas festivities on 22nd December and finishing on 2nd January – that will give us 17 weeks in which to squeeze in some PS-ing, GIMP-ing or whatever ‘ing’ we all do Woodn’t it be wonderful if everybody could produce just 12 pieces of art so we could make it a real WooHoo celebration? Little tip: what I usually do is produce something for Day 1, save it in layers, then use that as a template for the other 11 days, just changing the picture, the number and maybe a different texture or colour – easy right? And there is no specific ‘theme’ this time and Martin doesn’t have to appear in every piece – just go with whatever you feel Please make your arties 680 x 383 so they fit the vid screen and also please put your name on - thank you

So in a nutshell – probably the last Martinmas; long enough away to allow us all to (hopefully) find some time to make stuff; keep it simple! And if you are not going to be able to be around GW to post your art just pm it to me and I will be very happy post it all for you

Thanks

Last edited by Jumble; 28 September 2018, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                      Two challenge entries - two textures used for the first and three for the second..............

Guess what movie I watched yesterday
                      Those are lovely, Jumble - and he's so super sharp in the second one!

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
                        Thanks for letting me know about Gimp. I do have it on my PC because I like to have multiple graphic editing programs, but it's only version 2.8.

For those who use GIMP, can you tell me if the GIMP plugin used in this video will work with the latest version?
                        I think you would have the best bet by asking on the official GIMP forums on that. But yes I have the latest version of GIMP right now, nice and smooth. Tempted to make something with it concerning a character of mine named Spike

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
                          Those are lovely, Jumble - and he's so super sharp in the second one!
                          Thank you

The second one did turn out a lot better than the first - probably because the base picture was sharper

Comment

Another KC movie..................

I used three textures - they helped to make it look 'dreamy'

Comment

Very dreamy indeed

Comment

Oh very nice arts everyone, a pleasure to look at really

My muse did crawl to somewhere and hide away so I do not find it it seems, totally unmotivated at the moment to do any more arts than doodle

Comment

Working...
                                X