X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

wonderful advents, Jumble. I am loving the variety of styles-
      sigpic
      Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
      Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

love the advents so far
        sigpic
        Sig by me my LJ - the place to find some of my artwork and fics - My Stargate vids

Comment

Thank you Here is today's...............

Comment

Comment

Nice advent calendar images

New drawing I did today

http://fav.me/dbvwxgm

Also I am sorry I don't know what to do for tutorial week, so I will skip it

Comment

Thank you

Really nice candle drawing I've never got beyond matchstick people and square houses

Comment

Thank you

Well maybe I could write a tutorial for making a very simple comic-like figure from what is a matchstick man, on real paper. I just do not know if anyone would like to try that

Comment

That would be good Az'ryel

Comment

Well then here you go, a tutrorial for a very simple comic figure based on a matchstick man

Here is my example pic

Comic Santa

And this is how I did it

!. Take a pencil and draw a big matchstick man
                      2. Draw a long triangle as a body, that stands on its bottom line, the tip of it is up to the circle of the head
                      3. Add four slim rectangles as arms and legs. Make sure one side of each goes into the body triangle
                      4. Add two half-circles to the other end of the arms, which will be hands later
                      5. Add simple shoe-shapes to the end the legs (if you draw the feet to be seen)
                      6. Congrats: you are done with the basic shape
                      7. For the face, (front view) draw two smaller circles as eyes, a U as nose, a line as mouth and two half-circles as ears
                      8. Start to get the simple shapes of the body into very simple and not very detailed shapes of clothing
                      9. If you are done with that, erase all the unnecessary lines from your basic drawing, so only the lines that you want to be seen later remain
                      10. Decorate your drawing the way you want.

If you draw with pencil only:

12. Add some shades and then use the pencil to make the outlines visible again (if they got blurred)

If you can't or do not want to shade:

12. Use a thin black maker to redraw the lines of your figure
                      13. Make the lines a bit bigger where you wish some shadows to be (don't overdo that though)
                      14. Color your drawing

Attention:
                      Do not put too much pressure on the paper when drawing the basic shapes of your figure, they need to be thin and easy to be erased in step 8. If you put too much pressure on the pencil, they might still be visible in your finished work, which you might not want

Please note:

You can make any kind of figure in that style, you might just have to change the shape for the body if they do not wear a coat, then it can be an egg-shape or a full circle. Just experiment with it

Have fun
                      Last edited by DarkenLycht; 07 December 2017, 02:58 AM.

Comment

Thank you I may not be able to try it this week but I've copied it down and will give it a go when I have time

Comment

I hope it makes any sense, Jumble

But if anyone is interested I could also give a little help in how to shade things in traditional drawings on paper, that however will take a bit so, it will be better if those of you who are interested PM me

Comment

I just happened to come across a freeware program called Inkscape while searching some stuff. I thought I would mention this for anyone looking for a freeware vector graphics editor.

Originally posted by From Inkscape's Overview Page
                            Inkscape is an open-source vector graphics editor similar to Adobe Illustrator, Corel Draw, Freehand, or Xara X. What sets Inkscape apart is its use of Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG), an open XML-based W3C standard, as the native format.
                            Link to Overview page: https://inkscape.org/en/about/overview/
                            Link to the About Section's Main Page: https://inkscape.org/en/about/
                            Link to Main Page: https://inkscape.org/en/

There are some text tutorials and video tutorials in the Learn Section and addons in the Download Section.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Trying out a new character sheet layout; i think Spike turned out pretty well. not a lot of space in some areas, but otherwise it's good

http://fav.me/dbw2pdv

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                              "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                              "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Thanks for the info Planet

Comment

Working...
                                X