Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the Challenge

Made using all five textures and the second stock. I call it The Wisdom of Elisar wherein Blackmane Elisar repeats a line said by her nephew Mark concerning life and death and how easy it is to take lives and how hard it is to lose them.

http://fav.me/dbpnwiw

Blackmane is a character of mine in a story I Co-Write with a friend on DA
    Mark belongs to my co-writer

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Challenge 243

Mix & Match Textures & Stocks

Your challenge this week is to make art using at least one of the following textures AND at least one of the following stocks. You can use more than one, and you can use other textures and stocks too if you would like, but make sure that at least one of the below textures and one of the below stocks are in there somewhere

Textures

Stocks

Josiane

Slizzie

Jumble

Comment

TUTORIAL WEEK 69

Tutorial Week 69

This week is a Tutorial Week. For the first week every month, we don’t issue a challenge, but instead want to encourage thread participants to share their expertise and try something new, using tutorials.

This is how it works:

1. Share a tutorial: Write a tutorial for a piece of art you have made recently, or post a piece of art you have made with the link to the tutorial you followed when you made it.

2. Follow a tutorial: Use one (or more) of the tutorials that other thread members have shared during the week to make a piece of art of your own.

The idea is that we should both teach something and learn something throughout the week

It’s not obligatory to do both, if you’re limited for time, but we’d like to encourage you to please both share and follow at least one tutorial if at all possible.

At the end of the week we will post all the tutorials along with any art made following each tutorial, so that we can see all the different interpretations all together.

Please PM your entries, including a link to the tut, to Josiane by 5pm (UK time) on Friday.
        Please remember to put your name on your artwork - thanks

Comment

Thanks to those who gave me comments on my artwork.

I don't know if this fits as artwork but it's something I made for The Sims 2 years ago. All I did was find the best female clothing top to work with and made Teyla's season 5 shirt. What I did first was to make a template with solid colors to get the shaping as close as I could and then I could just fill the solid colors with the texture I wanted for each color. Lastly, I did little details and this was the result (model is my Teyla sim that I made):

Quick question for those who use Imgbox: When you're in the My Galleries section and go to get the BB-Code for thumbnails, the one that starts off with t.imgbox, why does the thumbnail not show up in posts here? It works fine when it starts of with thumbs.imgbox which is the link given just after it's uploaded but even manually changing t.imgbox to thumbs.imgbox and adding the _t in right place doesn't work. I just tested this on my forum and it seems to be the same case over there.
          Last edited by planet_tv; 06 October 2017, 08:46 PM.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

You made it, it counts as art, planet And all art is welcome here Nice work!

Since it's tut week, I've written up a tutorial for this wallpaper:

Spoiler:

1. Open a new canvas (with a white background) and place this texture on it, resized to fill it vertically so you get the dark smokey bit going right across the middle of your canvas. Set it to screen at 100%.

2. Add your character pics in between the texture layer and the background, and resize and position them so that they show up through the smokey bit (which will now reappear!). Use layer masks to blend them together and delete anything that shows up either side of your texture from step one.

3. Try and get all your pics to match in terms of colouring/brightness. This means that when you come to do the colouring/curves adjustments later on your adjustments will have roughly the same effect on each picture rather than overbrightening some/leaving others weirdly coloured. There are various ways you can do this - use a combination of image > adjustments (particularly curves and selective color), and also using duplicated screen/soft light layers (ie, duplicate a layer and set the upper one to screen or soft light. Screen will brighten, soft light will deepen). The pictures won't all necessarily look exactly the same in terms of colour/contrast/brightness, but the closer you can get them to match, the better your final piece will look

4. You may also need to erase/semi-erase parts of the mask texture from step one if parts of it cover up your pictures more than you want. Use a layer mask with a mid-grey brush to partially erase if you want to retain the smokey look but just cut out some of the whiter parts. You may also need to smooth out the edges of the mask texture with the white background if they are slightly visible - again do this with a layer mask with a soft black brush to run down the edges of the mask texture and blend them in with your background.

5. Add this texture on a new layer, set to screen at 70%. Resize it to fill the canvas and position so that you see some of the bokeh at the bottom of your smokey/pics bit.

6. Add a new layer and fill with #010712 (very dark blue). Set to exclusion at 100%, and your piece will go all peachy.

7. Add this texture on a new layer, resized to fill the canvas, and set to darken at 20%.

8. Add a color balance adjustment layer, settings as follows:
            - Shadows: C-R +13, M-G 0, Y-B +8
            This takes out some of the yellowy tones and deepens the shadows/increases contrast.

9. Make a stamp of the whole thing (Ctrl+Shift+Alt+E) and desaturate (Ctrl+Shift+U in photoshop). Set to soft light at 30%.

10. Add your text. The fonts here are Gadugi Regular and Callie Hand, and the colours (#703556 and #bf8792) were picked with the eyedropper tool.

11. Make another stamp of everything and sharpen using filter > filter gallery > paint daubs - brush size and sharpness both 1.

12. Finally add a new layer, fill with #ebebeb and set to color burn at 100% - one final throw of the contrast-increasing die And you're done!
            sigpic
            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post

Quick question for those who use Imgbox: When you're in the My Galleries section and go to get the BB-Code for thumbnails, the one that starts off with t.imgbox, why does the thumbnail not show up in posts here? It works fine when it starts of with thumbs.imgbox which is the link given just after it's uploaded but even manually changing t.imgbox to thumbs.imgbox and adding the _t in right place doesn't work. I just tested this on my forum and it seems to be the same case over there.[/FONT]
              I'm not expert on imgbox, only recently having started using it myself, but I haven't encountered this. In fact, I just grabbed the thumbnails BB code for my wallpaper in the post above and it's worked fine I got it by going to 'my images', selecting the image I wanted, then getting the code from the share option at the top right. The only thing I can think is are you making sure you've chosen 'thumbnails' and not 'full size' from the options it gives you? Otherwise, I've no idea, I'm afraid!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                Thanks.

I'm not expert on imgbox, only recently having started using it myself, but I haven't encountered this. In fact, I just grabbed the thumbnails BB code for my wallpaper in the post above and it's worked fine I got it by going to 'my images', selecting the image I wanted, then getting the code from the share option at the top right. The only thing I can think is are you making sure you've chosen 'thumbnails' and not 'full size' from the options it gives you? Otherwise, I've no idea, I'm afraid!

Thanks for the tip about the my images section I probably never would have thought to go in there to get the links as I as usually went to my galleries, moused over the gallery I wanted and clicked share to get the links from there.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post

Thanks for the tip about the my images section I probably never would have thought to go in there to get the links as I as usually went to my galleries, moused over the gallery I wanted and clicked share to get the links from there.
                  That's what I was doing too! 'Images' is a much better way to get just one link - thanks for sharing that Josi

Comment

Since it's tut week, I've written up a tutorial for this wallpaper:

Spoiler:

1. Open a new canvas (with a white background) and place this texture on it, resized to fill it vertically so you get the dark smokey bit going right across the middle of your canvas. Set it to screen at 100%.

2. Add your character pics in between the texture layer and the background, and resize and position them so that they show up through the smokey bit (which will now reappear!). Use layer masks to blend them together and delete anything that shows up either side of your texture from step one.

3. Try and get all your pics to match in terms of colouring/brightness. This means that when you come to do the colouring/curves adjustments later on your adjustments will have roughly the same effect on each picture rather than overbrightening some/leaving others weirdly coloured. There are various ways you can do this - use a combination of image > adjustments (particularly curves and selective color), and also using duplicated screen/soft light layers (ie, duplicate a layer and set the upper one to screen or soft light. Screen will brighten, soft light will deepen). The pictures won't all necessarily look exactly the same in terms of colour/contrast/brightness, but the closer you can get them to match, the better your final piece will look

4. You may also need to erase/semi-erase parts of the mask texture from step one if parts of it cover up your pictures more than you want. Use a layer mask with a mid-grey brush to partially erase if you want to retain the smokey look but just cut out some of the whiter parts. You may also need to smooth out the edges of the mask texture with the white background if they are slightly visible - again do this with a layer mask with a soft black brush to run down the edges of the mask texture and blend them in with your background.

5. Add this texture on a new layer, set to screen at 70%. Resize it to fill the canvas and position so that you see some of the bokeh at the bottom of your smokey/pics bit.

6. Add a new layer and fill with #010712 (very dark blue). Set to exclusion at 100%, and your piece will go all peachy.

7. Add this texture on a new layer, resized to fill the canvas, and set to darken at 20%.

8. Add a color balance adjustment layer, settings as follows:
                    - Shadows: C-R +13, M-G 0, Y-B +8
                    This takes out some of the yellowy tones and deepens the shadows/increases contrast.

9. Make a stamp of the whole thing (Ctrl+Shift+Alt+E) and desaturate (Ctrl+Shift+U in photoshop). Set to soft light at 30%.

10. Add your text. The fonts here are Gadugi Regular and Callie Hand, and the colours (#703556 and #bf8792) were picked with the eyedropper tool.

11. Make another stamp of everything and sharpen using filter > filter gallery > paint daubs - brush size and sharpness both 1.

12. Finally add a new layer, fill with #ebebeb and set to color burn at 100% - one final throw of the contrast-increasing die And you're done!
                    Thank you for the tut - I keep thinking of U2's cover for The Joshua Tree when I see the image

I got my Acer back from repair, they have reflashed the bios, whatever that means. I installed Photoshop today and everything seems to be working just fine

Comment

Glad you've got your Acer back SCIMM

Challenge entry, made from Josi's tut

Comment

Tut week 69

Tut by Josiane

Jumble

sigpic

Comment

Challenge 244

And cut! Behind the Scenes...

Since we Woohoos are celebrating our thread birthday this weekend, I thought this might be an appropriate challenge This week, your challenge is to make art featuring all things behind the scenes Whether that be BTS images of the actors and filming, or a chance (if it were ever needed ) to celebrate your favourite people behind the camera, your art must only contain behind the scenes images.

PM your entries to Sarai by 5pm Friday UK time!
                          Please try to remember to "sign" your artwork if possible
                          sigpic

Comment

Sooooo..... pics of some Director using his tool viewer - that sort of thing?

Okey dokey

Comment

That sort of thing indeed

sigpic

Comment

Love it!

So pretty much any pic of Martin will do

Comment

Working...
                                X