No announcement yet.

Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Josi is out galivanting so the challenge post will be a bit later than usual

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      Josi is out galivanting so the challenge post will be a bit later than usual
      Yay for Josie. Gallivanting is a priority
      sigpic
      Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
      Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Indeed it is

Comment

Yeah it was Slightly more gallivanting than intended so sorry for the delay everyone! On my way home now so eta 30 mins-ish for the post.
          sigpic
          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Banner by syfyfan

Challenge 225

Stocks

Jumble

JadedWraith

sigpic

Comment

Banner by Sarai

Challenge 226

Contrast

Your challenge this week is to make artwork somehow using the concept of contrast. This can be in any form - technical contrast (ie between colours or light & dark), or thematic (contrasting scenes or characters, or texts that contrasts with your pictures, or contrasting textures/stocks)... however 'contrast' speaks to you!

PM your entries to Jumble by 5pm Friday UK time!
              Please remember to put your screenname in the filename
              sigpic

Comment

Gorgeous arts everyone!

Here is a new wallie from me:

sigpic
                Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Glad you had a good time Josi, but I'm wondering how you managed to post Sarai's banner in your slightly drunken state - it was too bright for my eyes, and I've been sleeping the wine off for nine hours

Very impressive wp Yami

Comment

You guys make me wonder now for me to do a challenge.... Since I {mercifully} cant drink else I get horridly sick, I started thinking on a possible challenge: DRUNKEN ART, forget Drunken Fist; lets see your art skill when hammered!

No seriously, dont do it, please guys I know you like challenges but I'm just kidding around

HUGS TO ALL

Now onto my main reason for posting.... Meet Diadem Wolfe http://fav.me/db7lgd2

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Happy birthday JadedWraith!
                      sigpic

Comment

Happy birthday JW!
                        sigpic

Comment

Awww, thank you all so much!
                          sigpic

Comment

Just a quick poll:

colorizations (i.e turning a black and white picture into a colour one)
                            yay or nay?

I am trying to think of ideas for tutorials and I considered a colourization one but if everyone hates it..what's the point?
                            sigpic

Comment

I don't hate the idea - I'd actually quite like to be able to colourize, but I've yet to find a tut that I could follow/ understand

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                                I don't hate the idea - I'd actually quite like to be able to colourize, but I've yet to find a tut that I could follow/ understand
                                Well, the problem is that each picture requires different settings to look "natural" and if you have no practice doing it, it can be very confusing. I'll try to cook up a simple tutorial, maybe focusing on skin tone, which is the basis and then we'll see. Thanks.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X