Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
    What do yuo guys think of day 2 ?
    It's lovely. I particularly love the longing expressions on both characters' faces.
    sigpic
    Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
    Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Banner by IamDKScully

CHALLENGE 212-FAVOURITE SONG LYRICS

Scifan

Yamiinsane

sigpic

Comment

Christmas break!

Given that everyone's usually far too busy this time of year to do too much artworking (or frankly art-ed out after all the Advents and Secret Santas ), we thought we wouldn't issue a challenge for a couple of weeks. If you do want some suggestions for art to make though, you could either...

Make some challenge post banners - we can always use more of these They need to be sig-sized and have either "Challenge of the Week" or "Tutorial Week" on them

Join the Woohoos in celebrating Martinmas over on the Martin Woohoodstock Thread - we spend 12 days celebrating over the Christmas period with pretty art and general craziness. There's a different theme for art/posts each day - see the list here. The art doesn't have to be Martin Wood, we're pretty easy-going Make whatever you like and come join in the fun

Your next official Artwork for All challenge will be posted on Friday 30th December, to inspire us out of the post-Christmas food/booze/family coma

Comment

Ah dang I missed two really goot challenges! {Ice anf Fire, and song words}

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
          "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
          "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Day 3 by Princess Awinita
            original piece

sigpic

Comment

All the Secret Santa allocations have now been sent out!

Thanks to those of you who signed up! If you haven't got a PM from me and you signed up, please let me know asap
              sigpic
              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Princess! You inspired me to do my sig.

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                  Princess! You inspired me to do my sig.

original link
                  Really ? Howso ??

Please say it was only my being here

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Will try my best to do the Tutorial for my Daredevil and Elektra art. Like I said. I mostly go by trial and errors... mostly errors.
                    Please excuse me if I miss words here and there. I have a tendency of typing too fast and not getting what my brain want to say out.

Spoiler:

This was done on GIMP 2.6
                    You can do any size are you want, but I did 650x380 for this one with an all black background. I don't remember what sizes I adjusted for each cap. So, it's up to what you would like.

1st layer:
                    I added a "layer mask" and used the blending tool at the bottom of the smoke to show more black on the bottom of the art.

2nd layer:

I used this cap and added "layer mask" to erase around Daredevil.

and tah dah!
                    So technically this is my second layer.

3rd layer:
                    Again used layer mask, blending tool and erasing to omit any undesired areas.
                    *NOTE* Part of Daredevil was showing through Elektra when I did the blending so I went back to Daredevil layer and used the blurring tool and rubbed out any spots that looked odd on Elektra.

4th and 5th layer:
                    I actually used 2 of the same picture. 5th was B/W. Because of how dark it was I adjusted the coloring... not sure what I adjusted. Anything ranging from "brightness/contrast" to "hue saturation" and then added the B/W cap to tone down any brightness. Both were also rotated 90 degrees and blended any sharp edges of the cap that interfered with the look.
                    4th layer is "Screen" mode @ 52.2% Opacity and 5th is set on "screen" mode but at 61.4%opacity. (I just played around with mode choices and opacity to my desire liking.)

6th layer:
                    Set on normal mode with 58.8% opacity and again... layer mask to blend and erase.

7th layer:
                    Normal mode with 42% opacity. Layer mask to blend and erase.

8th layer:
                    Set on left side of art, over ninjas, and it's on "Soft light" mode with 25% opacity

9th layer:
                    Over right half. "Overlay" mode with 66.3% opacity.

Fonts:

Love is a Battlefield- OptimusPrincepsSemiBold Semi-Bold (which might already be in Gimp) I actually did 3 layers. You main color on top and then a lighter and black one under and off set them to make it stand out more. 84.6% opacity

Text
                    - javanese Tex (from dafont.com) tand is actually in between smoke and Daredevil layer. 76.9% opacity and set on "overlay" mode, I used Shear and Perspective tools to pitch and angle to the text.

I hope I got everything thing. Good luck. Let me know if I didn't explain anything clear enough.... I'm known for that. Just ask my boys. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                      Really ? Howso ??

Please say it was only my being here
                      Yes... one because you are here and two... 2nd day Advent.
                      Last edited by scifan; 04 December 2016, 04:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                        Yes... one because you are hear and two... 2nd day Advent.
                        *blushes deep red*; my second day advent Actually started as a simple screenshot from my first TV series I ever worked on as a stuntwoman/stunt team lead; I added the second and third shots to it later after getting the inital shot and when doing a scene on a forum game for one of my characters named Munku; who was an Assassin longing for two things, his beloved fiance and his hometown, so the shot came about mostly because of the forum scene; so I had to look up some proper city shots and only Boston during the American Revolutionary War period felt right for the scene. Then the shot of the lovely lady was taken from a friend of mine when she modeled for seamstress

So now I wonder, how does my second day advent inspire you Sci ? I'm curious

Now on the matter of the advents, day three was a fun one, one I have been kicking around for some time, Elsa on the right hand side, with a man named Mark {protrayed by Avi Kaplan and written by a friend of mine} has a daughter they named Elizabeth, known commonly as Lizzy. I dont rememrber the actress I picked to protray Princess Lizzy though

Comment

Day 4 by Scifan
                          sigpic

Comment

Loving the advents The thread is always so pretty this time of year

Thanks for the tut as well, sci!
                            sigpic
                            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

hello, i drew some lines again:

http://guy-inkognito.deviantart.com/...eaty-648883290

Comment

Princess: To me Day 2 Advent has an Asian feel. So that's how that inspired me.

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                                Loving the advents The thread is always so pretty this time of year

Thanks for the tut as well, sci!
                                Thanks Josiane!! And you're welcome. I hope it makes sense.

Guy!! That's an awesome job. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                                X