Lots of lovely autumny art Here's one from me:

Why yes, I am just getting into Fringe... Just got to the end of season two
    Finally!!

And gorgeous art!

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
      Finally!!

And gorgeous art!
      yeah I've been taking my time. But omg so good and so shipping them!

And thanks JW
      sigpic
      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

What is screencapped?

Wonderful artwork, Josiane. Would you be offering a tutorial for that in tut week?
        sigpic
        Thanks to Jumble for the icon and siggy.
        My ff.net My Own Website

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate78fan View Post
          What is screencapped?

Wonderful artwork, Josiane. Would you be offering a tutorial for that in tut week?
          Screencapped: Screencapped.net is a place that has screencaps, Episode Stills, Promotional Images, etc for various TV Shows and Movies. It is one of my go to places for those mentioned.

And Josi: I love that and I would also like to request a tutorial as well.
          sigpic
          Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Did this instead of my homework..

sigpic
            [call me loser.]

Comment

Originally posted by losernerdfriend View Post
              That is awesome. Really love the colours and the textures. Now go and finish your homework
              sigpic
              Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
              Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Banner by Major Ryan

Challenge 128

Colours of Autumn

We're now into autumn (or fall, for you guys on the other side of the pond (or spring, for those of you in the southern hemisphere, but you'll have to be honourary northerners for this week!)) and the leaves outside my window are turning. So I thought a good challenge this week would be autumnal colours

Your art this week therefore must have autumnal colouring - reds, oranges, yellows, browns. You don't have to make art with an autumnal theme, but the colouring must be on that spectrum

Josiane

Jaded Wraith

Comment

(banner by Ladygris )

Tutorial Week 38

This week is a Tutorial Week. For the first week every month, we don’t issue a challenge, but instead want to encourage thread participants to share their expertise and try something new, using tutorials.

This is how it works:

1. Share a tutorial: Write a tutorial for a piece of art you have made recently, or post a piece of art you have made with the link to the tutorial you followed when you made it.

2. Follow a tutorial: Use one (or more) of the tutorials that other thread members have shared during the week to make a piece of art of your own.

The idea is that we should both teach something and learn something throughout the week

It’s not obligatory to do both, if you’re limited for time, but we’d like to encourage you to please both share and follow at least one tutorial if at all possible.

At the end of the week we will post all the tutorials along with any art made following each tutorial, so that we can see all the different interpretations all together.

Please PM your entries, including a link to the tut, to Sarai by 5pm (BST) on Friday.

Comment

Thanks Stargate78fan and yami - I'll write one up tomorrow
                    sigpic

Comment

Tut for this wallpaper, as requested by Stargate78fan and yami:

Spoiler:

1. This wp is built around this gorgeous texture (by so_ghislaine), so start off by placing it on the canvas, resizing and positioning as necessary. Once you've got it where you want it, set it to screen. It will vanish until you do the next step!

2. Place your picture on a new layer underneath the texture and position it with the bit you want to show up in the circle.

3. Depending on the picture you use, you'll probably have white round the edges. So duplicate your picture, resize and reposition to fill the rest of the canvas, and move beneath the first one. Blur or blend the two together so you can't see the joins underneath the texture. (I hid the texture, made a stamp, used the gaussian blur and then cut out the middle, but depending on the picture you're starting with you might find just blending in works better). Using the same pic resized/blurred/blended to fill out your canvas is a nice trick to make the whole thing more consistent - think I got that idea from ladygris in a tut of hers way back

4. Next add this texture (another so_ghislaine one), set to multiply, resized so just the middle part is showing (ie, not the lines at the edges).

5. Now add the two little pictures. For each of these, I cut out a circle using the circle select tool, and added a drop shadow and a stroke (layer style):
                      - Drop shadow: colour #65231f, blend mode multiply, angle 120, distance 20px, spread 12%, size 46px
                      - Stroke: colours picked using the eyedropper to complement the background, 4px wide.

6. Before starting on the colouring, you want the pictures all to have the same starting point, but these little circle ones are above the two textures which have changed the colouring of the main picture. To achieve this, I made a new layer and painted over them with the same colour as the big circle on the texture, set to screen (like the texture). This made them match better.

7. Now the colouring First, brighten the whole thing up using a curves layer:
                      - Point 1: output 197, input 146
                      - Point 2: output 96, input 62
                      But of course the exact settings will depend on your pictures Just drag the curve up until you get it looking nice and bright but not overexposed or washed out.

8. Now a selective color layer to start working on those autumny tones
                      - Reds: C -12, M +7, Y +10, B 0
                      - Yellows: C -6, M +18, Y +10, B 0
                      - Blacks: C 0, M 0, Y -4, B +8 (whacking up the black on the blacks makes for lovely contrast )

9. Now a color balance layer:
                      - Shadows: C-R +9, M-G 0, Y-B +3
                      - Midtones: C-R +2, M-G 0, Y-B -8
                      - Highlights: C-R -12, M-G 0, Y-B -8

10. Almost there! Make a stamp of the whole thing and sharpen using filter > artistic > paint daubs (my favourite way)

11. Add the text. The font is Marcelle, colour picked using the eyedropper (#fbcb83) and then a stroke added to make it stand out a bit (#9e1604). And finished
                      sigpic

Comment

Thank you Josi! That is lovely!
                        sigpic

Comment

I may or may not post up a tut for others, though I use GIMP 2.8.14 myself, can't get PS due to computer limitations and also money limitations

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                          "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                          "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

New sig.. but is there a better way to compress the image so that not as much quality is lost? I saved is as a .png from a .psd that was 300px resolution and it looks pretty bad now.. >.<
                            sigpic
                            [call me loser.]

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                              I may or may not post up a tut for others, though I use GIMP 2.8.14 myself, can't get PS due to computer limitations and also money limitations
                              There's nothing wrong with GIMP It's what I use for making textures

Photoshop has too many features, too many options to make everything as easy as possible.. makes people lazy

*runs away*

Comment

Originally posted by losernerdfriend View Post
                                New sig.. but is there a better way to compress the image so that not as much quality is lost? I saved is as a .png from a .psd that was 300px resolution and it looks pretty bad now.. >.<
                                Compression is always a problem but it doesn't look bad to me. In fact, it looks awesome! Well done.

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                                There's nothing wrong with GIMP It's what I use for making textures

Photoshop has too many features, too many options to make everything as easy as possible.. makes people lazy

*runs away*
                                Call me lazy any time you want!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X