Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
    I'll be working on a Nathan Fillion wp today for my coworker. I'll have too spend...you know...HOURS looking at NF pics so I can choose JUST the right one (or two). Alas! The tribulations of an artist!
    I know, I sometimes wonder how we cope

Anyway, so if someone has a fun tut they'd like to rec, I might give it a go!
    Why not have a go at Estrela's tut? The link is in my first post. It'll be a stretch for you - no grunge

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
    Such a difficult task!

I don't know about fun tuts, but I typed up the steps I took to make my sig, if you're interested.
    Definitely!

Comment

New thread...and my new vid for this fandom!
      Let's see if after Castle, some people will get involved in Fringe too!

edit: LJ what a HARD job watching all those NF pics!
      sigpic
      My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
        Such a difficult task!

I don't know about fun tuts, but I typed up the steps I took to make my sig, if you're interested.
        That would be cool. I'm pretty sure she's not a dark grungy type, so the light, glowy effect might be the ticket!
        sigpic

Comment

Mine doesn't have a lot of grunge, either. And this is all text.

Spoiler:

To make a sig like this in Gimp...........

Start with 640x180. Bucket fill to black.

Open Bright Bokeh texture. (I used this one.) The bokeh should be bright golden/cream tones. Scale up to fill the entire banner. Set layer mode to screen.

Open layer of pic with Perna lying on the bed. (This can be whatever pic you want that fits the coloring and feel of the banner you wish to make.) Sharpen just enough to get the right look without it being fuzzy or pixelated. Set layer mode to hard light. Lower opacity to 53.2.

Open layer of pic with Carson and Perna hugging. (Again, this can be whatever pic you want for the banner.) Sharpen layer and set mode to hard light. Do not lower the opacity.

Open layer of close-up of Perna. (Again, whatever pic you want.) Duplicate layer once. Set bottom layer mode to normal and lower opacity to 90.7. Set top layer to soft light, opacity 90.0.

Erase around the different layers as needed to blend the images together. For text, use whatever font is appropriate for the quote, setting the color to a nice brown that fits with your banner. Remember to scale the font and fit it into a particularly bright portion of the banner.

This can be modified to fit your needs. For example, if your pic has a lot of blues or greens in them, a bright blue or bright green bokeh would be better for the background than the golden one I used here. But make sure it's nice and bright like this one is. A search on Google images should produce something usable.

I hope that makes sense. And hope it helps someone.

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post

<snip>

I know. It's such a burden.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRvvRiDac5A

I love the vid.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                I know, I sometimes wonder how we cope

Why not have a go at Estrela's tut? The link is in my first post. It'll be a stretch for you - no grunge

Definitely!
                Hm. It may be a tad on the busy side for a wp. I might change the background texture and give it a try, though...
                sigpic

Comment

Gorgeous work everyone

Originally posted by antoa View Post
                  Hello all, I am excited to try out some of the wonderful tutorials and download the brushes and such.

I just have one question or request. Would it be possible to gather all the resource and tutorial links in one place? I seem to read this thread when I am unable to actually make anything (i.e. on my work computer and not on my personal computer - so I can't even bookmark stuff). I just know that when I am ready and have time to try stuff out that I am going to have a difficult time searching through this thread again. I would be nice to have one place to look - maybe put some links in the first post? I am not sure what would be the easiest.

Anyway, I am loving the great artwork so far.
                  Welcome antoa! I'm creating a list here I put the link to the sub-list for the challenge posts in the first post, but that's a good idea to put the link to the resources list too there, so I'll go back and add that now

Oh, and... First challenge should be up later this evening!
                  sigpic
                  Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

*claps hands excitedly* New challenge! (When you attach the word "challenge" to something related to writing or artwork, I typically have a very hard time leaving it alone! LOL!) As if I didn't have enough challenges with the three others I'm currently working on.

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                      Oh, and... First challenge should be up later this evening!
                      Yep...I'm on it...bear with me everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                        Yep...I'm on it...bear with me everyone

*iz impatient*

sigpic

Comment

*tuts*

Patience young cricket.

Comment

OK, Jumble, I tried that tut. Some of those steps don't exist in Gimp, that I know of, but here's what I made for poor little Maximus...

I like how the pic of Joe and Max turned out. I'll have to try that again.
                            sigpic

Comment

Awww! Poor Maximus

Lovely job
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                                OK, Jumble, I tried that tut. Some of those steps don't exist in Gimp, that I know of, but here's what I made for poor little Maximus...

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...maxsig0805.jpg

I like how the pic of Joe and Max turned out. I'll have to try that again.
                                I think it turned out beautifully Send it to him

Comment

Working...
                                X