No announcement yet.

Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I followed the instructions for getting the brushes. According to the site I should be able to have the same brushes for PS and Gimp however, its only putting them in PS and I don't know how to use that yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/...engebanner.jpg
      (banner by Madness Reigns)

CHALLENGE WEEK 99

A nice easy one this week – make a piece of artwork which
      includes the use of these brushes:

Size: Any
      Pics: Any, but must include the use of the above brushes
      Text: Any

SEND YOUR ENTRIES (WITH YOUR NAME/INITIALS AT THE BEGINNING OF THE FILENAME)
      TO SARAI BEFORE 5PM (GMT) ON FRIDAY 17TH JANUARY.

Just to be on the safe side, something like this is allowed? Used three different of the fractal brushes for it (pretty ones but not easy to handle ...)

This is not a challenge entry. I only tried the brushes!!!

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
      Sig & Avi by Josi
      sigpic
      LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
      I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Originally posted by FanGirl View Post
        So I followed the instructions for getting the brushes. According to the site I should be able to have the same brushes for PS and Gimp however, its only putting them in PS and I don't know how to use that yet.

A nice easy one this week – make a piece of artwork which
        includes the use of these brushes:

For Gimp

For PhotoShop

FG, if you want to use the brushes in Gimp you will have to download from the Gimp link that Jumble posted. Then you can extract it directly into you brushes folder for Gimp. It is probably in a similar location to mine... C:\Users\JaneDoe\.gimp-2.8\brushes.

Then when Gimp is open you click on the refresh symbol at bottom of the brushes tab.

The brushes will then be available in the brushes tab.
        sigpic

Comment

Actually found some time to Gimp.

Spoiler:
          The really fun part is I'm sitting next to my daughter and we both have our laptops and are both Gimping. Of course our tastes are quite different, but since she is a teenager, that could just be a rebellious thing...

I used brush number 15 in the set.

sigpic

Comment

Looks great! I really hope I can find the time give this a try, because I'm not good with brushes...
            sigpic

Comment

Okay, found out how to get the brushes, but its really throwing of my groove.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
                Just to be on the safe side, something like this is allowed? Used three different of the fractal brushes for it (pretty ones but not easy to handle ...)

http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac88/Hyndara71/fanart/th_fractalbrushwp_zps9a943569.jpg

This is not a challenge entry. I only tried the brushes!!!
                But it already looks lovely...

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post
                FG, if you want to use the brushes in Gimp you will have to download from the Gimp link that Jumble posted. Then you can extract it directly into you brushes folder for Gimp. It is probably in a similar location to mine... C:\Users\JaneDoe\.gimp-2.8\brushes.

Then when Gimp is open you click on the refresh symbol at bottom of the brushes tab.

http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx93/bailey1ak/brushes.jpg~original

The brushes will then be available in the brushes tab.
                That is far simpler than in PS.

Actually found some time to Gimp.

Spoiler:
                The really fun part is I'm sitting next to my daughter and we both have our laptops and are both Gimping. Of course our tastes are quite different, but since she is a teenager, that could just be a rebellious thing...

I used brush number 15 in the set.

http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx93/bailey1ak/CH%20Art/Other/bayKensi.jpg~original
                What a beautiful Daniela ruah piece! Love it!
                But it works so well!

@Mane Brushes do not come "naturally" for me as well. They always look a bit weird but I'll give it a try.
                sigpic
                Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Okay, found out how to get the brushes, but its really throwing of my groove.

[/center]

Love the effect it added to your art, FG. They look good.

Thank you, Jaded.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
                    But it works so well!
                    Thanks, my peeps. I did some experimenting before trying an actual artie.

Comment

Thank you, Jaded.
                      Thanks, my peeps. I did some experimenting before trying an actual artie.

You're both quite welcome. I love how people get the best art when struggling with something...
                      sigpic

Comment

That is far simpler than in PS.
                        I'm wondering why you think that In PS, you download, unzip, click the brush symbol in PS then click 'load brushes' - simple, surely?

Great to see you all trying something new - that's what the challenges are all about

Comment

I'm wondering why you think that In PS, you download, unzip, click the brush symbol in PS then click 'load brushes' - simple, surely?

Great to see you all trying something new - that's what the challenges are all about
                          Yes, when you know where your download has gone...in my laptop it ends up in the weirdest places...I mean, with fonts it detects them automatically, with brushes you have to locate the files.
                          sigpic

Comment

Loving the challenge entries so far! I don't tend to use brushes much either if left to my own devices, but as Jumble says, part of the point of the challenges is to encourage us to try different techniques

*off to download*
                            sigpic
                            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Yes, when you know where your download has gone...in my laptop it ends up in the weirdest places...I mean, with fonts it detects them automatically, with brushes you have to locate the files.
                              Really? I download everything directly to my desktop, that way I can find them easily

You should be able to choose where your downloads go - open your browser and click Tools>options>general and it should give you the option to download to the desktop or browse to choose a different destination
                              Last edited by Jumble; 11 January 2014, 09:04 AM.

Comment

I just found out that my ancient version of Paint Shop Pro doesn't support neither the Gimp nor the PS versions of the brushes, how unfortunate

Comment

Working...
                                X