Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SeNedra View Post
    Love all the new art

My friend showed me a link to this tutorial few weeks ago, you must be registred to see it, some of you know it already. I created this sig with it:

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/l...igs/cbxs14.jpg

It is for photoshop and I use gimp so I use about half of it. Used the topaz clean effect at the end though (yeah, it is possible to run ps plugins in gimp)
    I did NOT know that! Yippee! I knew you could use PS brushes, but not plugins! Niiiiice!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
      I did NOT know that! Yippee! I knew you could use PS brushes, but not plugins! Niiiiice!
      You can use PS brushes? Really? *perks up happily*

Do you install them into GIMP the way you do GIMP brushes? Or is there some other method you need?

Comment

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
        You can use PS brushes? Really? *perks up happily*

Do you install them into GIMP the way you do GIMP brushes? Or is there some other method you need?
        Just stick 'em in your brushes folder and refresh your brushes box if you have Gimp open.
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah, the last time I tried doing that, I had to go through all these odd steps because the brushes were in zip files. So just extract them into the folder like Gimp ones, though? That's easy.

*trots off to find new PS brushes*

Comment

Yeah, the last time I tried doing that, I had to go through all these odd steps because the brushes were in zip files. So just extract them into the folder like Gimp ones, though? That's easy.

*trots off to find new PS brushes*
            Yeah, extract them from the ZIP folder first.
            sigpic

Comment

Awesome! Thank you!

(This is my new thing that I learned today. )

Comment

Awesome! Thank you!

(This is my new thing that I learned today. )
                You are very, very welcome! You know about Redheadstock, right? Lots of fun brushes (*happy sigh*) I still go back to her account for bushes, especially texture brushes.
                sigpic

Comment

No, I didn't. But I do now! Thank you!

Comment

And since I'm on Deviantart.com anyway, Jellyka does beautiful fonts! They are some of my faves!
                    sigpic

Comment

Oooh, I have several Jellyka fonts. They're gorgeous!

Comment

Oooh, I have several Jellyka fonts. They're gorgeous!
                        I know! I can always count on one of her fonts to add a nice finishing touch to my work.

EDIT: I do not need more textures, I do not need more textures, I do NOT need more textures! this is what I get for going to DA! *downloads*
                        sigpic

Comment

My problem is that I like to make these banners/icons/whatever, and I never know exactly which font to pic. That's what takes the longest, sometimes. Figuring out the font.

Comment

My problem is that I like to make these banners/icons/whatever, and I never know exactly which font to pic. That's what takes the longest, sometimes. Figuring out the font.
                            That's where forums/threads like this come in handy, for me. I'm forever making 2 or 3 versions and posting w/ "Which is better???"

Off to bed. Happy gimping!
                            sigpic

Comment

I typically ask my hubby.

Dream well.

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                                I know! I can always count on one of her fonts to add a nice finishing touch to my work.

EDIT: I do not need more textures, I do not need more textures, I do NOT need more textures! this is what I get for going to DA! *downloads*
                                I have the same problem

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                                Just a thought, not to be picky or anything but...would it be possible for folks posting tuts to specify what software it's for?

Only asking because not everybody uses the same graphics editing software.
                                That's a very good point RiG

lg, congrats on getting your custom avi!

Gorgeous sig Sy

*rushes back to sigrotator party*

Comment

Working...
                                X