No announcement yet.

Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse and Maneth for your help on a pic of the SG-1 Gate.

I ultimately decided that I'm going to get my own screen cap of this:
    http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis..._display_media

I know the iris is closed and it might be at slight angle but other then that is the perfect screen cap.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

You're welcome. Did you use it for the MJ wallie?
      sigpic

Comment

You're welcome there are probably many scenes where we see the gate without the iris closed, but since I mostly grab scenes involving Sam & Jack, I haven't really noticed

Comment

Originally posted by Major Ryan View Post
          @ Lady Blue
          That artwork is gorgeous! Oh Please tell us you have a tut for the Pink Rachel one
          Alright, so I tried. Here's what I've got. And by the way, your sig is great. I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd love to know how you did that.

Spoiler:

Okay, so this is my attempt at a tutorial. The instructions are for Photoshop, but hopefully they can work well enough for anyone whose interested. Making the pink Rachel banner was done using a texture and some color and some pictures.

Step 1. Get your photos.

Prints that were used can be found using the links below.

textured pink

multi-colored

pink dotted

Step 2. Assemble your photos.

Crop the textured pink background image to 180x500 pixels. Now open the multi-colored background image and copy it over to the textured pink background image 4 times. You can do this by a simple drag and drop from tab to tab or by using your mini-bridge. There may be other ways, but these are the 2 that I know of. After copying over this image 4 times, you can close out the original.

You should now have 4 separate layers of this same multi-colored background on top of your textured pink background. Move and rotate the pictures so that they look like this:

Step 3. Now open the pink dotted picture and copy it to your working layers and position it so it looks like this:

Drop the opacity to 85% for this pink dotted layer.

Step 4. Add featured picture and lighting.

I used Rachel, but please use whomever you like. Crop the picture or resize it if necessary. Move it under the top 2 multi-colored background layers to get it to look like this:

Now copy that picture layer and move the copy over to the bottom right-hand corner and drop the opacity to 60%.

Next up, select a white soft brush of approximately 100px, opacity around 30% (I can’t remember exactly what I chose, so play with it), and add a couple of touches of light to the multi-colored triangle and the copy of the featured pic to get it to look like this:

Step 5. Add text and stars.

Type, using Pristina font, whatever text you like in the multi-colored triangle (36pt) and the main area of the pink dotted background (72pt). Select color f5a8ab if you want to use the same text color.

Add effects to the larger text of the following: Outer glow, bevel and emboss, satin, and a stroke of 1 pix if you want.

Now select a star brush. I used one of the standard brushes that comes with Photoshop, so you should be able to find this particular brush no matter what version you have. The pink is once again f5a8ab and white. Add a couple of stars to the upper left-hand corner. Adjust opacity as you see fit.

You now have the finished product.

I hope this was written well enough. Please let me know if there’s any problem. Thanks.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FreeRadical View Post
            Hey, quick question; does the order in which the pictures are posted mean anything?
            In the challenge post? Doesn't mean a thing, except they're mostly in alphabetical order

Comment

Originally posted by The Lady Blue View Post
              I'm so sorry about that. I thought we just post in the thread. I'll pm you the links. Thank you for being so kind.
              For full information about challenges, see the first post on this thread

Comment

Hi all - lovely art last week - wish I had time to catch up further back than that right now because I know there'd be some great stuff there. Finally I found a little while to do a challenge response! Cities is a good one - inspired me

I'm assuming that made up cities are included The origin for mine from L to R and top to bottom are Gears of War; The Hunger Games; Star Wars; Doctor Who; Thor; Mass Effect; and of course Stargate Atlantis!
                Last edited by ShaViva; 17 August 2013, 08:00 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Love those Sha, and good to see you back

Any city, real or fictional.

Comment

Challenge entry for 7in7. Have to say sorry to Hobart people's but you just didn't fit in the list.

@ Lady Blue- Thanks for the tut. am giving it a go right now
                    Last edited by Major Ryan; 17 August 2013, 02:08 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Great to see you back Sha! I actually had the same idea...
                      sigpic

Comment

SHA!!! *tackle hugs* Great to see you back!

MR, wonderful set of icons! I really like how, even though they're all different colors, they tie together.

Comment

Here's mine. They're cities (and well, towns) in Japan which I thought were really pretty and they're not labelled, so I thought I'd just give a quick run through of what they really are, starting from the left, the first row:

1. Kyoto, or more specifically, the Gion district where Geishas could still be seen.
                          2. Takayama, a place that makes you feel like you've stepped back into feudal Japan.
                          3. Nara, or more specifically, Nara Deer park where deer just wander freely for food!
                          4. Shiretoko, a region in North-eastern Hokkaido that's pristine frontier land, now a UNESCO world heritage site.

The second row:
                          5. Tokyo city scape, possibly Shinjuku if I recall correctly!
                          6. Sappporo, a narrow lane that's filled with tiny ramen (Japanese noodles) stalls.
                          7. Himeiji castle, considered the best, surviving Japanese castle architecture of the feudal era, dating back to the 14th century.

Oops. I think I got a bit too excited about this!
                          Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Another one that I thought of:

Top row from the left: Machu Picchu, Jerusalem (Wailing Wall), Petra, Angkor Wat.
                            Second row from the left: Athens, Xi'an, Palmyra
                            Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                              Great to see you back Sha! I actually had the same idea...
                              Thanks Mane - look forward to seeing your set of made up cities

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                              Love those Sha, and good to see you back

Any city, real or fictional.
                              Thanks Jumble - I haven't stopped by GW for ages and it was very nice to visit and actually feel inspired to do some art for a change.

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
                              SHA!!! *tackle hugs* Great to see you back!
                              Aww, thanks lg

Very nice sets lg, major ryan, Ikorni .... so many cities, so much variety
                              sigpic

Comment

Lovely cities icons everyone! Still haven't been inspired for mine yet.
                                sigpic
                                Sig by ME.

Comment

Working...
                                X