Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
    I also made "just because" art. I started this piece a week or so ago and either had no inspiration or no time. Leave it to a migraine to finish the artwork.
    http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/...Dorian-Sig.jpg

It's a bit darker than my normal style, but I quite like how it came out. I've never seen his movie, "Dorian Gray," but that's the story I think of when I see it.
    Thanks for upstaging me again.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyBoyFanGirl View Post
      Wasn't trying to.

Comment

Wasn't trying to.
        Yet somehow you always do.

Comment

She does that to me too. And I remember posting encouraging things when lg posted her first banner.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
            She does that to me too. And I remember posting encouraging things when lg posted her first banner.
            Yeah, my first banner. . . .*cringe*

I posted a few posts back.

Comment

I also made "just because" art. I started this piece a week or so ago and either had no inspiration or no time. Leave it to a migraine to finish the artwork.

It's a bit darker than my normal style, but I quite like how it came out. I've never seen his movie, "Dorian Gray," but that's the story I think of when I see it.
              Yep, darker but stunning. It fits the theme really well.

Originally posted by FlyBoyFanGirl View Post
              You have your own larger stage. No one uptages you I'm actually struggling to make a good text vs image association as you so easily do. Yep, you inspire me.

Originally posted by maneth View Post
              Lg is sneaky...

Yeah, my first banner. . . .*cringe*

I posted a few posts back.
              Shall I give my old "meaning and good idea(s) vs technically perfect but empty art pieces" speech? No, too early? I thought so.

This week I have no good ideas...
              sigpic
              Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
              Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

love this new one - would love to know how you did it
                sigpic
                Sig by me my LJ - the place to find some of my artwork and fics - My Stargate vids

Comment

Loving this eyes wide shut challenge and seeing some really cool artwork. Here is some more I took a shot at.

sigpic

Comment

Hi all! Just a reminder to please send me your challenge entries for Eyes Wide Shut as soon as you make them. Have received a good number already - you have until 5pm UK time to get your entries in so about 4 hours.

Please remember to put your name at the start of the filename. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                      Hi all! Just a reminder to please send me your challenge entries for Eyes Wide Shut as soon as you make them. Have received a good number already - you have until 5pm UK time to get your entries in so about 4 hours.

Please remember to put your name at the start of the filename. Thanks!
                      Just did.

Here is my last attemp at the theme...long delivery time to settle with this:

R.A. once stated he even dreamt in character while playing Thorin so it prompted this last piece. And I thought I was a geek...

Next, sorry to jump into the badwagon but I'm dying to do some Loki/Hiddleston art. I even thought of the text (thank you FBFG for the inspiration!). Now the hunt for the images...
                      sigpic

Comment

Thanks, JW.

Originally posted by bandcat View Post
                        love this new one - would love to know how you did it
                        Thanks! I can make up a tut for it if you want. I used a PSD for most of the coloring from Shadowplay, but it's mostly just layering the right images.

Comment

Thanks, JW.
                          For the comment on your art or for calling you sneaky?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
                            For the comment on your art or for calling you sneaky?
                            Um. . .both?

Comment

Thanks, JW.

Thanks! I can make up a tut for it if you want. I used a PSD for most of the coloring from Shadowplay, but it's mostly just layering the right images.
                              that would be great if you could
                              sigpic
                              Sig by me my LJ - the place to find some of my artwork and fics - My Stargate vids

Comment

Originally posted by bandcat View Post
                                that would be great if you could
                                Might be first of the week, but I'll get it posted.

Comment

Working...
                                X