Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by josiane View Post
    You! And (*points*) you and you and you and you and you and EVERYBODY!!!
    Yep, the gorgeousness ( is this a word?) level is quite high this week for everyone ( sorry for being self centered ) . I notice it happens everytime we asked to walk out of our confort zone.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
    I love the "book ilustration style" ( I can't think of a better expression) you gave it and the quote is perfect.
    Originally posted by ladygris View Post
    Well, set out to make some art for the challenge and wound up with this:

Your "Narnia inspired art" is getting more and more delicate. It's amazing how different different styles you can make. As for being random, I started with a steampunk clock in my banner...

Originally posted by FlyBoyFanGirl View Post
    Someone here, I can't remember who, made this banner without text. It inspired me to create these though all I did was add the text.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss213/theicemenace/Gimps/windowavi_zps90d37801.jpg

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss213/theicemenace/Gimps/windowssig_zps6232a483.jpg

The font and the quote fits the banner quite well ( which is gorgeous). I really wanted to use a window in some kind of art work, after seeing the gorgeous pieces by Meredithe5 and Ikorni which had one on them. It's NOT that I want to be a copy cat but when some element is used in a such a beautiful way, it gets stuck on your visual memory and it's hard to shake it off ( a bit like the gears in yamii's sig).

Love it, JW!!!
    Thank you.

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
    They're all beautiful! Green to those I couldn't green!
    And thanks again.
    sigpic
    Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
    Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Not a challenge entry, but posted just because...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
        Your "Narnia inspired art" is getting more and more delicate. It's amazing how different different styles you can make. As for being random, I started with a steampunk clock in my banner...
        Thanks. It's amazing how people look at things. "Delicate" isn't a term I'd use for this piece, personally.

Comment

I don't know what program you use for your art, but in Gimp, there's a feature under File=>Open Recent. The most recent docs are listed.
          I use PS and it has the same feature but unfortunately I go through so many stocks trying to find the right one that I don't always find them all. Luckily I learned my lesson and try to save my work as I go along.
          sigpic

Comment

my problem wasn't finding the stocks again, but the almost finished manipulation combining all the stocks and effects. Oh well. It's sorted now.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
              The font and the quote fits the banner quite well ( which is gorgeous). I really wanted to use a window in some kind of art work, after seeing the gorgeous pieces by Meredithe5 and Ikorni which had one on them. It's NOT that I want to be a copy cat but when some element is used in a such a beautiful way, it gets stuck on your visual memory and it's hard to shake it off ( a bit like the gears in yamii's sig).
              Thanks! Now if I could remember who made the thing.

Comment

Not for the challenge but because I felt like it!

Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

That sig is gorgeous, Ikorni!

Comment

That sig is gorgeous, Ikorni!
                    Thanks, ladygris.
                    Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Thanks, ladygris.
                      Y'welcome.

Comment

Hmm. . . .was going for another challenge entry. I think I got fairly close with this one 'cause the clock was supposed to be the focal point.

Comment

Not for the challenge but because I felt like it!
                          Talking about colouring: Beautiful colouring in the sig and the icon set.

Hmm. . . .was going for another challenge entry. I think I got fairly close with this one 'cause the clock was supposed to be the focal point.

And it's working: my eyes were drawn to the clock. Gorgeous piece as well
                          Last edited by JadedWraith; 16 July 2013, 01:11 AM.
                          sigpic
                          Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                          Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Something for the challenge...
                            sigpic

Comment

Works for me, great stuff!

Originally posted by Major Ryan View Post
                              Something for the challenge...
                              Cool, love the coloring. How about writing a tut for it?

Sorry, I'm all out of green at the moment.
                              sigpic

Comment

Thanks, JW and mane. My eyes were drawn to the clock as well, but I wasn't sure if the clock was the focal point or what.

Comment

Working...
                                X